Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Plane Making Crash Landing Now!! >

Plane Making Crash Landing Now!!

Notices

Plane Making Crash Landing Now!!

Old 09-21-2005, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Plane Making Crash Landing Now!!

Originally Posted by thunderusone
All of the passengers should be required to toss the pilots salad before disembarking!!

LOL!
Old 09-21-2005, 08:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MitchStellin
That was all photo shop, It is used to divert your attention to the impending drowning of southern USA. This is what happens when you don't win the war, you get the bottom, flooded, swamp land in harms way. Take one for the team South, you are our buffer zone so we won't let you disappear, promise.
Stupid Yankees...they still think the war is over
Old 09-21-2005, 08:44 PM
Registered

It woulda been much more dramatic if the plane did a spiraling, explosive nose-dive pile-driver into the tarmac . . . oh well. . . . kinda anti-climactic.

I watched it anyway.
It is always entertaining to witness the excellence of your typically miltary-trained, American commercial airline pilot - and their flight crew. . . . . . bravo.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:07 PM
Registered

finally some good news

I e-mailed the pilots at www.jetblue.com
Old 09-21-2005, 09:09 PM
Registered

I noticed that the flames occurred mostly while the nosegear was in contact with the white stripes on the runway. Maybe the pilots should take note of that, and keep the airliner slightly off-center. The stripes seem to be flammable to some extent . . .
Old 09-21-2005, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

I think that was the magnesium wheels burning away. I don't think the stripe had anuthing to do with it. The pilot stopped that plane les than a foot off the center line.

If you like aircraft crashed, go to "www.airdisaster.com"
Old 09-21-2005, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kind of ironic, Jet Blue won't take the time or money to fly out of Lax but don't mind using their 12,500ft of runway and screwing up the airlines in Lax that spend the money and time to be there. Doug
Old 09-21-2005, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by outriggers
Kind of ironic, Jet Blue won't take the time or money to fly out of Lax but don't mind using their 12,500ft of runway and screwing up the airlines in Lax that spend the money and time to be there. Doug

I am sure they'l be getting plenty of bills from the airport, emergency crews, passengers, etc. And somebody will have to fix it before it leaves. Don't beat-em too badly.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by waybomb
I think that was the magnesium wheels burning away. I don't think the stripe had anuthing to do with it.
You will see this re-played a thousand times. Watch the initial touchdown. The tires and wheels are only smoking - until they hit the stripes. Then they flare, and go out. . . until the next stripe. You'll see it. . . .

After the first few, yeah - the magnesium fire takes over.

Last edited by rouxsterre; 09-21-2005 at 09:56 PM.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by outriggers
Jet Blue took dam good care of those passengers. LAX was happy to help make the odds for all of those souls better. When you crunch the numbers.... the other airlines were happy to get the good PR for air travel. Last week it was all over the media that another set of airlines was going bankrupt. Huge blow to PR and passenger confidence. Passenger confidence is now probably higher than before 9/11. After all, this is the most confidence building event since and was also carried live all over the world. It won't hurt Airbus either.
I might have to fly from Ohio to Texas next week. I feel better about it with this reminder that we have some top notch pilots out there and an infrastructure that will set passenger convenience (and the bottom line) aside for improved passenger safety in a crisis situation.
I don't see the irony in everything working together and working out. I don't see why somebody would simply focus on such a negative interpretation without thinking it out. I have never flown Jet Blue but I probably would now. I might get azz kicking pilots like those two.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.