Notices

New York Brunch Run

Old 10-16-2005, 08:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: New York Brunch Run

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
myself, mike and lucididee called it quits and 1/3 of the way out from the Atlantic Highlands. you didnt only have white caps, we had actual breakers that could have been surfed. i've been boating for a very long time at it may not have been the worst water i've been in but it was damn close. solid 4-6's everyone had white water and a 30 outboard cat was definately not the right boat. today was big v day...as i attempted to crest the waves mother nature was literally lifting my bow and placing it where ever she wanted. better luck next time.
I don't think any boat was the right boat to be out there today. The wind gusts were definately the 40+mph that they called for. After seeing one of the wind gusts lift ya, that was when I realized we were done. We had no business being out there. We should've trailered to LL. We were soaked head to tow. At one point I thought we were running through waterfalls.
On a different note, it will make for good story telling over the winter.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
........although I don't think I can slam you on short rides anymore, I think Dee and MTM take the shortest rides of anyone. Did the oil even get hot????
Listen here Mr. IAlreadyWinterizedMyMotors, they're called test runs. When ya make modifications and then pick up 3 MPH, all ya need is a little ride. Ya get there that much quicker!

Last edited by Lucididee; 10-16-2005 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Panther
.......AskLucididee and Mike how our ride home from the boat show in Liberty landing was a few years ago.......
Oh yeah that was the other ride from HELL! Today was very close to that day, just alot wetter!

So, ya think you'll make any runs next year other than the NYC Poker Run. Bro, you're missing out on alot of good times.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Sounds like those that were there had a good time.

Wish we were there.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:26 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucididee
Oh yeah that was the other ride from HELL! Today was very close to that day, just alot wetter!

So, ya think you'll make any runs next year other than the NYC Poker Run. Bro, you're missing out on alot of good times.
If I can get the drive issues sqaured away.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:57 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up Re: New York Brunch Run

Some NY Brunch Run Photos now up on my website: www.SharkeyMarine.com

Thanks Billy!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 10-16-2005, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lot's of excitement today, but still managed to have a great time at the brunch run, it's always one of the best runs of the year.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:24 AM
Registered

it was a very exhilarating run , we made it back to newburgh safe. we had a great time and wet one to but thats boating. it was nice to meet u all and cant wait till next years run . the wind gust where horrendous all the way home and the water was roughhhhhh in some spots calm in others. all in all it was a great day.

scott
Old 10-17-2005, 06:17 AM
Registered

I hope you guys found your way home OK Scott as the repairs to Tommys fuel system took much longer than anticipated and we propbably did not leave the marina till 4:30 or so at dead low tide.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lucididee
Listen here Mr. IAlreadyWinterizedMyMotors, they're called test runs. When ya make modifications and then pick up 3 MPH, all ya need is a little ride. Ya get there that much quicker!
Why wouldn't I? You might as well have too. No fun boating alone and I knew you would all pu$$y out once the autumn winds hit the Jersey Shore.

Quick Reply: New York Brunch Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.