Notices

Key West 2005 Who's going?

Old 09-29-2005, 02:31 AM
British member!
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Key West 2005 Who's going?

Originally Posted by insptech
BTW if anyone needs experienced crew for the Tuesday poker run.........
There's a Poker run? Well if there is still room after insptech has got a seat in a boat then I would love to see how a US Poker Run goes in real life - they are a little smaller and slower in the England! Arriving on the 14th and leaving on the 24th and staying at the Doubletree the other side of the airport - I know its the other side of the island but they had room!

If it's too loud you're too old!

BananaShark Racing

British Champions 2005!
Old 09-29-2005, 10:29 PM
Registered

I would love to see how a US Poker Run goes in real life - !
Giddy up.

welcome anytime...I boat in Lake Erie. we have plenty of Poker Runs. Let me know when your ready and we'll set ya up.

Old 09-30-2005, 08:17 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be happy to give up a seat to you cookee. After your accomplishments this year and being your first time-you deserve it. Hopefully we can hook up for a drink in KW or at the poker run lunch stop at Gilbert's

I would love to do it this year, but if not the wife and I will take a lazy ride down the Keys on Tuesday, stop for Stone Crab, and then hit the docks for the PR arrival at dusk

Originally Posted by cookee
There's a Poker run? Well if there is still room after insptech has got a seat in a boat then I would love to see how a US Poker Run goes in real life - they are a little smaller and slower in the England! Arriving on the 14th and leaving on the 24th and staying at the Doubletree the other side of the airport - I know its the other side of the island but they had room!
Old 09-30-2005, 08:52 AM
Registered

Cookee, If you try you could probably get a seat I will even start pimpin for you I think you said you get in on Monday or Sunday if so you will have to either hang out in Miami for a few days or return back. It always seems a majority of the oso members do the run on Thursday, which does not give you as much time in KW. Then there is the chance the boat your ride on could break down and that becomes another story, right Greeneyed Boatbabe

Ted what time do you get in on Tuesday, Ian and I get in around noon and then will drive down, where do you stop for the stone crabs, any good places for Grouper for some reason I have been craving that
Old 09-30-2005, 09:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

just an f.y.i........
You can't beat Islamorada Fish Co. in Islamorada for any seafood, but just had the best grouper sandwich EVER at Cabot's in Marathon last night, and I've been here 18 years.
Keys Fisheries in Marathon gets the same stone crabs as Monte's, Joe's in Miami and Islamorada Fish.
Have fun getting to KW.......pd
Old 09-30-2005, 09:57 AM
British member!
VIP Member

Danny - Thats a fantastic offer - sadly my only visits to the US in the near future are KW and Miami for the Boat show in February!

insptech - I couldn't take your seat - but if there's an extra one going put me on the list! It would be great to have a drink with you - just let me know where and when!

Ms PatriYacht - I arrive on Monday 14th - direct to Miami and then a connecting flight down to KW - I then have a hotel booked (the Doubletree) till the 24th which is the Thursday after the races - give me a chance to hang around a bit and chill before coming back to cold England! I assume the trip is based in SoBe not KW then? Maybe I should wait 'till the Boat Show Poker Run then?

If it's too loud you're too old!

BananaShark Racing

British Champions 2005!
Old 09-30-2005, 10:33 AM
Registered

Cookee
The Florida Power boat Club has three KW poker runs during race week, they all leave from the Miami area and are One Way, from Miami to KW. The first one leaves Tuesday, then Thursday, then Friday. So if you want to do the poker run, and I think it would be well worth it, your best bet would be to cancel your hotel reservation on Monday in KW and stay in Miami near wear the boats leave from. The poker run would be your transportation to Key West, in lieu of a rental car.

Oh bummer, I just reread your post and see you are flying direct that might be hard to change.

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 09-30-2005 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:14 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

We are arriving in Ft Lauderdale on Friday night. We are staying there and visiting, chilling, etc. till Tuesday then we drive/ride down. If you all want to cruise together we could do that. I like Islamorada Fish for Stone Crab and there is also a place called the Hungry Tarpon right next to Robbie's that has great fresh fish.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:24 PM
Registered

Ted that would be fun, but we don't arrive in Miami until noon. You might already be on your way. I would like to make a few stops though one for lunch and then another for a drink.
This year I am traveling on the plane with Mr P, last year I flew to Miami for the weekend and he came in on Wednesday only he missed the early morning flight and arrived in Ft Lauderdale at 5 PM and his luggage went to Miami! I was not a happy camper This year I am not chancing it, I am driving him to the Detroit airport
Old 09-30-2005, 04:15 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Anyone wants to drive dually and trailer setup from Ft-Lauderdale to Key West??? I'm sure I can trade something for that service...

No boat however....

Experienced and known OSOer's only need apply....
Attached Thumbnails Key West 2005 Who's going?-summer-setup-05-b.jpg  

Quick Reply: Key West 2005 Who's going?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.