Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Camden NJ Races?

few more days
Old 10-05-2005, 10:41 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stop by the Racers Welcome Party on Friday night under the tent at Wiggins park. 7 to 11pm.

No wood in the water and a possible 50 boats on the way. All roads lead to Camden.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:48 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

well i'm driving the loan shark up there from sarasota. does anyone have an extra seat in the boat i can buy so i can watch the race from a boat
thanks in advance
jr
Old 10-05-2005, 11:31 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Hello Race Fans,

This is it, we are down to the wire, all systems are a go and the weather looks good. This will probably be the last email you'll receive prior to this Sunday's AMF Offshore Racing's Dash for Cash, Hosted by the City of Camden, so please pay attention.

Folks, this is gonna be good. If every boat shows up that has verbally committed, we'll have over 50 boats in attendance. Apparently, the lack of entry fees and a $26,000 purse is what it takes to bring boats to the racecourse. Thank you AMF and OPA and all the racers for making the effort to get to Camden! Boats are on the way from Florida to Michigan. From boats with a single outboard engine all the way to a boat with twin turbine engines, they'll all be racing in Camden this weekend.

RACERS -
If you arrive on Friday, there is a Racer/Volunteer Welcome party under the Wiggins Park Tent on Friday night from 7 to 11pm.
On Saturday, all racers need to have their equipment in the pits and registration paperwork completed by 4 PM - leave your wallet and checkbook at home! There is a MANDITORY drivers meeting in the Ward Room aboard the Battleship NJ at 5PM on Saturday. From there your weekend adventure will begin. There is a party after at the 20 Horse Saloon - 2nd and Beckett St. 8:00PM - 12:00PM. The party is open to all volunteers and racers. The fee of $35 per person covers beer, wine and food.

VOLUNTEERS -
Your invited to attend the Racer/Volunteer welcome party on Friday night from 7 to 11pm.

There will be race boat testing on Saturday from 1 to 3pm in a small area between the stern of the Battleship and the RCA pier. If we could get five boats out there to keep an eye on things, it would be great. Please reply to this email if you can make it.

On Saturday, there is a MANITORY Volunteer meeting at 6PM in the Ward Room aboard the Battleship NJ. You will receive your assignments and flags at this meeting. There is a party after at the 20 Horse Saloon - 2nd and Beckett St. 8:00PM - 12:00PM. The party is open to all volunteers and racers. The fee of $35 per person covers beer, wine and food.

SPECTATORS -
If your planning to watch the race from a boat, you'll be directed to anchor in an area directly in front of Penn's landing on the West side of the race course.

If your going to watch from land, the waterfront between Wiggins Park and the RCA pier offers up close action, but the Battleship blocks some of your view of the South end of the course. The Battleship offers the best overall view. www.battleshipnewjersey.org It's $13.50 for adults and discounted for kids.

If your stuck at home, you can still join in and listen live via www.talkoffshore.com. Martin Sanborn will be talking to some of the racers and giving non-stop play-by-play action of both the 1pm and 3pm races. The broadcast will probably start a few minutes before 1pm.

Regardless of if you choose to wear a helmet, carry a sweep boat flag, or come to cheer on your favorite team, I hope you enjoy a few hours of excitement and fun with AMF and OPA this weekend. Thank you for participating in this event. Without you, there would be no race.

Ron
Old 10-06-2005, 10:25 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=Ron P]Hello Race Fans,

Folks, this is gonna be good. If every boat shows up that has verbally committed, we'll have over 50 boats in attendance. Apparently, the lack of entry fees and a $26,000 purse is what it takes to bring boats to the racecourse. Thank you AMF and OPA and all the racers for making the effort to get to Camden! Boats are on the way from Florida to Michigan. From boats with a single outboard engine all the way to a boat with twin turbine engines, they'll all be racing in Camden this weekend.

This is awesome!!!!! I cant wait. I tell every boater I know. I gotta tell you that most people around he don't know about this Race. And I live 10 min. away from the race. I think thats a problem. I also think the good turn out can't be because of the entry fee. If we can afford a high performance boat, a tow truck and the cost to travel to the races we can pay for the entry fee. ( Every form of racing has entry fees. I raced Motocross for years and had no problem paying the gate fee. 2 classes was $70.00. And the race bike only cost $6,000 or so. I know how hard you guys work to promote and run races.) I'm not complaining about no fee thats great every little bit helps. I think this race is going to be a big success because you guys personally invited us little guys to race with you. Run what you brung is the besy way to get new people involved. Great work guys see you Sunday!

Russ
Old 10-06-2005, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

i leave in 4 hrs

jr
Old 10-06-2005, 06:01 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Camden NJ Races?

Originally Posted by thedonz
well i'm driving the loan shark up there from sarasota. does anyone have an extra seat in the boat i can buy so i can watch the race from a boat
thanks in advance
jr
That's great news!!! Looking forward to seeing the Loan Shark boat up close and personal.

Need a seat?

I know of an SOB looking for a navigator to go racing!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 10-07-2005, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Re: Camden NJ Races?

Have Fun All...
Old 10-07-2005, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

its a shame there wasnt more advertising then word of mouth...thought i heard something on 101.5 but didnt catch it all
Old 10-07-2005, 10:20 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Russ G.
I gotta tell you that most people around he don't know about this Race. And I live 10 min. away from the race. I think thats a problem.
The only thing the City of Camden had to do was promote the race. - They couldn't even do that right. They have a committee of 20 people talking about this race, but doing nothing except looking for a way to look good to the voters.

Regardless, the race should be great.

Quick Reply: Camden NJ Races?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.