Who sells Whipples?

Old 09-29-2005, 08:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: Cigarette CC and Boston Whaler currently
Default Re: Who sells Whipples?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan26
I know where there is a set of lingenfelter 750's for sale CHEAP!
Ha Ha...I talked to him yesterday.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:54 AM
Registered
Trade Score: (2)

Deleted as I was confused.

Last edited by 800XCR; 09-29-2005 at 09:53 AM. Reason: I was confused.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:09 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith9898
are you saying you want to sell your quad set up?
Unless I misunderstood Craig the last time we talked, he is selling the Big Cheif heads and the Quad Rotor Whipple set-up and making the motors N/A, for better reliability. I think he is just trying to find out what these parts are worth.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:25 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beak Boater
Unless I misunderstood Craig the last time we talked, he is selling the Big Cheif heads and the Quad Rotor Whipple set-up and making the motors N/A, for better reliability. I think he is just trying to find out what these parts are worth.
Bingo!!!
Old 09-29-2005, 09:39 AM
Registered

My Boats: 08' 44 MTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool
Cool, thanks for the info. What do you mean by not specific to Whipple? My intakes are Indy.

I've decided to keep my engines that are in my boat and change them up a bit. By that I mean removing the big chief heads and quad setup and changing the pistons, cams,etc...

Just trying to get a ball park figure of what this stuff costs new before I change my classified ad.
Your intake is an indy intake which, will work with any blower set-up, Not a whipple product or whipple specific.
I tried to find your add to see what kind of intercooler you have. Usually on the big chief, they use a standard intercooler as well.Do you have the 2.3 or the 3.3 whipples, I can't remember.
As you probably know I bought some new 3.3's this spring, which I love.Have you considered just detuning your set-up for the reliablity your looking for. You should be able to make some great power with a Hydrolic roller cam and mild boost, this would be alot of fun in your boat and be as reliable as the N/A engine. I think your going to find that the market for the whipples is not alot better than trying to sell the whole package, especially if you have the 2.3l version. Just from my experience.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:45 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

My Boats: Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42MTI
Your intake is an indy intake which, will work with any blower set-up, Not a whipple product or whipple specific.
I tried to find your add to see what kind of intercooler you have. Usually on the big chief, they use a standard intercooler as well.Do you have the 2.3 or the 3.3 whipples, I can't remember.
As you probably know I bought some new 3.3's this spring, which I love.Have you considered just detuning your set-up for the reliablity your looking for. You should be able to make some great power with a Hydrolic roller cam and mild boost, this would be alot of fun in your boat and be as reliable as the N/A engine. I think your going to find that the market for the whipples is not alot better than trying to sell the whole package, especially if you have the 2.3l version. Just from my experience.
Damn look at the big brain on MC!
Old 09-29-2005, 09:55 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Azimut

In other words...Yet again those government employees want us to do their homework...
Old 09-29-2005, 09:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42MTI
Thanks. From what I've been told by a few people, the reliability thing comes mostly from having the big chief heads. Something about the valve angles. I've been running the boat ....and it is an azzload of fun!!!! .....but just doesn't fit our style of boating....or my wallet!

Last edited by OldSchool; 09-29-2005 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:01 AM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH
In other words...Yet again those government employees want us to do their homework...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΈ!
Old 09-29-2005, 10:03 AM
Registered

My Boats: 08' 44 MTI

I was told the same thing about the reliablity of the big chief heads. So I went with regular 24 degree brodix. Good luck selling them and enoy them untill it happens.