Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Bad boat accident on Lake George right now (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/113551-bad-boat-accident-lake-george-right-now.html)

stecz20 10-03-2005 09:55 AM

Re: Bad boat accident on Lake George right now

Originally Posted by otis311
The reason I stated i thought it was two cruisers was because the friends that called me that were on the scene as it was happening actually saw the bow of the boat before it went down and thought it was a cruiser. It was obviously not a performance style boat. There was also another cruiser in the area that had some of the victims on it that had been pulled out of the water. so It appeared to him that this other cruiser was involved

He called me in a panic, knowing that I was a firefighter and thought I was dive certified trying to see if I could rush to the scene and help. I didnt relize the magnatude of the incident at the time and I am not a diver, so I didnt respond, and Im not sure there was anything ANYONE could have done anyways. If your not out of the water and breathing within 3-4 minutes, call the coroner not the Ambulance or FD

please bob, you have no need to explain yourself at all... sorry for what happened.. i got your back oldtimer.... stecz

kitten 10-03-2005 10:36 AM

:( We are thinking about those involved.

Our prayers go out to those poor people
whom just wanted to have a fun adventure. :(

Macklin 10-03-2005 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by BRIAN73
At the point I saw the mohican, he had just past the tour boat about 4 to 5 minutes before.

No way! You mean the Mohican did not stop to offer assistance after the tour boat flipped?

Jonas 10-03-2005 12:23 PM

is it a real busy lake this time of year?

not fixed seating? sounds strange.
i would assume on a 40 ft boat all the seating would be fixed,
50 people at say average 175 pds is 8500 + if that all slid to one side i guess the vessel would could list and roll over..
that is crazy..
could you imagine how horrid it would be to be the captain working the vessel?
20+people die on your watch??.. oh my :( i cant even imagine,..
i feel for all involved!!
condolences to all the affected families,

Jonas 10-03-2005 12:24 PM

they must not have known.
noone could leave a boat in distress..

Originally Posted by Macklin
No way! You mean the Mohican did not stop to offer assistance after the tour boat flipped?

Tricky919 10-03-2005 01:53 PM

At the press conference just now they asked about a speed limit on the lake and they said there is a 45 mph speed limit during the day and 25 mph at night........Is this true ? and if so do they enforce it?

Jonas 10-03-2005 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tricky919
At the press conference just now they asked about a speed limit on the lake and they said there is a 45 mph speed limit during the day and 25 mph at night........Is this true ? and if so do they enforce it?

hmm that would make a P- run kinda weird... :eek:

Sydwayz 10-03-2005 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Every indication is that this is the Ethan Allen:
http://www.painetworks.com/froogle/ib/ib1610.html

Sydwayz 10-03-2005 06:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If this is the Mohican that went by it, and threw the wake... what is described as the events that took place are feasable.

Sydwayz 10-03-2005 06:06 PM

Very Very sad indeed. :( :(