Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Honeyman Skater crashes in Az. >

Honeyman Skater crashes in Az.

Notices

Honeyman Skater crashes in Az.

Old 10-04-2005, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Honeyman Skater crashes in Az.

Originally Posted by Gary Anderson
Hey buggyman.
I was honestly not critisizing the driver for the accident. I dont know what happened, and neither does anyone else here, except maybe you!
That being said, I do question the judgement of someone taking 8 people on a 36 skater at 105mph.
I think that's a valid criticism.
Gary
fine ill leave it alone, i think the driver did the best he could for the conditions, as far as how many people there was on the boat? mabe your right, the fact that you could rool that boat over at that slow of speed, i never would have guessed it. from being in the boat when this happened at no time was anyone scared or thought we would turn over, the wake board boat wasnt that close, he was turning away from it so me wouldnt get too close, the boat was just glued it to the water to well and it didnt let it slip when he powered up the outside eng. so im sorry if i get a little upset about some of the things that were said, we all know what we would have done different after the fact,
Old 10-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Buggy man did it feel like 45 or did you have sight of the speedo? You know that on the way up 45 feels a LOT faster then 70 or more feels on the way back down from 100+........

Jon
Old 10-04-2005, 03:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Buggy man did it feel like 45 or did you have sight of the speedo? You know that on the way up 45 feels a LOT faster then 70 or more feels on the way back down from 100+........

Jon
theres a speedo on the back of the console, it starts at 55, it it had just droped to 55 just be for we started to turn. even my friends in my boat that watched us roll said that we were not going that fast when we went over,
Old 10-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by buggyman100
theres a speedo on the back of the console, it starts at 55, it it had just droped to 55 just be for we started to turn. even my friends in my boat that watched us roll said that we were not going that fast when we went over,
we didnt hit the water that hard, ive been shot out of a boat at 100mph it was nothing like this, this was a cake walk, i used to race hydros and been an the water all my life, this was just a fluke.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:55 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try and follow along....

i was on the boat when it flipped, we had just slowed down from 105 and was going mabe 45 when we hit some big wakes from a cruiser, this was just out side of the marina, the boat rolled over kinda slow, i didnt think we were going over untill i needed scuba gear, some of us are brused up a little but no one was hurt, i have to say he did some good driving, he almost saved it, skaters arnt know for the cornering, this just proves it, we would all be dead if we were going faster.
i just used that boat in a photo shoot the day before, one of the models was on the boat with me when it flipped. crazy ****!
its called haveing to turn hard to avoid a jackass in a smaller boat that decided to stop in front of us, we had to power up the out side eng to make the turn, we hit some big wakes at the same time, it didnt seem like we were goin over untill i got sucked out of the boat, but you guys know better than me,
the boat rolled over slow, i thougt he had saved it but then it tipped up again and we went over, so for all you guys that think we were going faster i have this question, how did 8 people get out of this accident with no one getting hurt,?
we had were turing to go into the marina, a wakeboard boat had cut into our path and stopped. we were slowing down. but there ws no one in our path that was moving slower that us at the time, the water had close to 3' wakes and thats with the turn was what caused us to turn over,
fine ill leave it alone, i think the driver did the best he could for the conditions, as far as how many people there was on the boat? mabe your right, the fact that you could rool that boat over at that slow of speed, i never would have guessed it. from being in the boat when this happened at no time was anyone scared or thought we would turn over, the wake board boat wasnt that close, he was turning away from it so me wouldnt get too close, the boat was just glued it to the water to well and it didnt let it slip when he powered up the outside eng. so im sorry if i get a little upset about some of the things that were said, we all know what we would have done different after the fact,
so did you have to turn to avoid the wakeboard boat or not? in the earlier posts you made it sound like it cut you off, then in the last post you say it wasn't that close...
Old 10-04-2005, 04:03 PM
Registered

Re: Honeyman Skater crashes in Az.

Originally Posted by Sean H
try and follow along....

so did you have to turn to avoid the wakeboard boat or not? in the earlier posts you made it sound like it cut you off, then in the last post you say it wasn't that close...
your the sluth, you tell me! big wakes from a cruiser boat + a wake board boat that pulls and stops in our path + a big 36 skater in a tight corner = a nice swim on a warm 100 deg day. i hope you have a good day job because your not very good at boat accident investigations.

love you man! we should do lunch.

cory.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Registered

Geez Man! You're riding this guy pretty hard! I happen to think that his account follows pretty well. Just because he didn't mention the boat in the path in the first post, doesn't mean it wasn't there. After that, he consistently states the wake board boat in combination with a large wake.

How exactly did it happen? I have no idea. I do know that badgering a passenger from the boat isn't going to get you a different answer than he's already given. Who knows what and how many factors came into play to cause the roll over.

I would think the obvious thing would be that the boat was still in tact and floating (albeit upside down). If this thing rolled over at high speed, wouldn't it be probable that there would some serious damage to the hull? Maybe there is and we just can't tell from the pics. I don't know, and neither do you.

In the end, it was a bad decision to have that many people in the boat. It rolled over either due to driver error, or circumstances beyond his control. Either way, no one knows the truth except those in the boat.

I'm not sticking up for or slamming anybody. I just think you are beating a dead horse.

Sorry!
Old 10-04-2005, 04:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by buggyman100
i hope you have a good day job because your not very good at boat accident investigations.

love you man! we should do lunch.

cory.
You're already in big trouble Cory. They've whipped out the mathematical equations and theories of physics and geometry so far in this thread. It's an uphill fight from here. May as well just give in and admit that Allan4 is a putz.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:20 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I heard Ben Kramer was at the wheel.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:22 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
Geez Man! You're riding this guy pretty hard! I happen to think that his account follows pretty well. Just because he didn't mention the boat in the path in the first post, doesn't mean it wasn't there. After that, he consistently states the wake board boat in combination with a large wake.

How exactly did it happen? I have no idea. I do know that badgering a passenger from the boat isn't going to get you a different answer than he's already given. Who knows what and how many factors came into play to cause the roll over.

I would think the obvious thing would be that the boat was still in tact and floating (albeit upside down). If this thing rolled over at high speed, wouldn't it be probable that there would some serious damage to the hull? Maybe there is and we just can't tell from the pics. I don't know, and neither do you.

In the end, it was a bad decision to have that many people in the boat. It rolled over either due to driver error, or circumstances beyond his control. Either way, no one knows the truth except those in the boat.

I'm not sticking up for or slamming anybody. I just think you are beating a dead horse.

Sorry!
i was just pointing out if your gonna have a story, stick to it... in his last post he says the wake board boat wasn't that close...

read the first 8 or so posts of this thread, i think that answers why this happened.....

the boat didn't fail, or at least he hasn't said it did yet... so that only leaves driver error....

Quick Reply: Honeyman Skater crashes in Az.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.