Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Honeyman Skater crashes in Az. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/113583-honeyman-skater-crashes-az.html)

CigDaze 10-06-2005 03:38 PM

Re: Honeyman Skater crashes in Az.

Originally Posted by buggyman100
im sure you will be glad to hear this but this is my last post, it just makes me ill to know alot of you just thrive on others misfortune..

Too bad. This is actually quite a caring and heartfelt community we have here. We look out for our own, think safety first, and sometimes repremand stupidity. Accident happen, some out of misfortune, others out of carelessness, nonetheless we will take notice. There's just so much here that just doesn't add up.

How old is this Leland fellow, anyway? He looks 19 from the pics.

buggyman100 10-06-2005 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
Yeah, right, This really sounds like something Norty would do. :mad:

Buggyman100, you might want to do a little checking here on Phantom Chaos before you start blasting him. He's a pretty stand up guy.

See you Saturday, Nort (and I'll keep my distance just in case you find a cove to get drunk in! :eek: :D :D :D ).

SORRY THIS IS MY LAST.
you know so am i, i came on here as well as a few if my friends to set the story strait, we were there and ether saw it happen or rode it out, all we get from you guys is bs, we told the story the way it went down, if it dosnt add up to you, sorry, i guess you had to be there.
a lot of you dont like leland for what ever reason, thats your deal but dont let it cloud the fact that this wasnt a wreck-less crash, it was accident ,not from speed but from making a sharp turn and miss judging the size of the wakes we were coming up on.
so in closing, we all should know who were talking to before we start judging or spreading rumors.

rsess 10-06-2005 04:25 PM

I don't post here much, but I am going to chime in here. I have a 27 eliminator cat with twin 300x's. The explanation that was made here about chine walking in the big wakes seems to be something I have come across. When I have ridden in the odd poker run, and follow in those washtub wakes, the boat will tend to rock from side to side at any speed. At that time dipping the sponson is quite possible, and I have experienced that before. If you add in the excess weight of the 8 passengers, and powering up on one engine only I can see where the boat might go under and possibly roll. I would hope that a 36 skater would have better handling characteristics than my smaller eliminator.

gsmith9898 10-06-2005 04:33 PM

This Site In Unreal. A Boat Wreck And No One Gets Hurt. The Guy That Was There Tell Us About It And He Gets Jumped On. If Somebody Would Of Got Killed Than It Would Of Been Like Some Other Thread, ( Are Prayers Are With The Family Etc Etc). As A Performance Boat Enthuasist That Was Not There To See What I'm Very Happy That No One Was Hurt In The Accident And Remeber Safety Pays.

FOUNTAINATLAST 10-06-2005 04:53 PM

Weither it was bad conditions, driver error, over loaded boat it really doesn't matter at this point. Its safe to say we are all happy no buddy got hurt, and your right accidents do happen unfortunatley. Hopefully we can all learn from an experince like this....

P.S. I think this was BUSH's fault anyway... :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

thisistank 10-06-2005 04:59 PM

[QUOTE=Dregsz]Dude, you take alot for granted:
The boat was recovered, sold by the ins. Co. no harm no foul, and the case is solved and We shouldn't be concerned.
QUOTE]

I'm not stiring the pot or anything, but is this confirmed? Isn't the guy that owned the boat on OSO? And if it is fact....What's the details? Was the boat stripped? What was the buying price and what condition? Just curious.... :drink:

RestlessBreeze 10-06-2005 05:09 PM

gsmith9898 - RIGHT ON!
Many of the regulars on this site love to jump anyone for anything. A lot of us do things and learn the hard way - speeeding, drinkin & drivin, showing off and more. All I can say is glad everyone is ok, next time be more careful and use better judgement and let's keep having fun! :drink: :drink: :drink:

jordy 10-06-2005 05:22 PM

dont let it cloud the fact that this wasnt a wreck-less crash, it was accident ,not from speed but from making a sharp turn and miss judging the size of the wakes we were coming up on.

I'd buy that. However, all joking and bull**** aside, 8 people in a boat built to seat 5 is irresponsible, as is making a 140mph run with those same 8 people in the boat. I'm just glad nobody was hurt this time and hopefully he learns from it. ;)

yahoo 10-06-2005 05:44 PM

One of my favorite lines:

Whats the last thing a redneck says ?

Hey watch this.....

CM

satisfactionII 10-06-2005 05:54 PM

yeah, your right! just do us a favor, keep your a$$ in ca. we have enough c*ck suckers here is AZ. the same people that sit here and talk sht are the same ones sitting in the cove getting drunk and driving there boats back to the marina as fast as they can go. its all cool untill some one gets hurt of killed!
the funny part is most of you missed that part! its time to rip up leland, and most of you don't even know him.
and the ones that do, I've been in humbug every Sunday sense march, I've saw all of you out there, the things you said about him, must of that i could say about you!
lets just hope that if this ever happens to you that you can handle your boat well enough that no one gets hurt also!
im sure you will be glad to hear this but this is my last post, it just makes me ill to know alot of you just thrive on others misfortune.
i thought that we were all on here because we love boats, the water and have a fun weekend with out friends.

I can't believe you are still typing like an ebonic's educated person. Please use the spelling checker. :evilb: :evilb: :evilb: