Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Honeyman Skater crashes in Az. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/113583-honeyman-skater-crashes-az.html)

Outdrive1 10-02-2005 11:43 PM

Honeyman Skater crashes in Az.

Does anyone have any info on Honeyman and his 36 Skater? I heard from a buddy who was out at Lake Pleasant today that he rolled in with four people in it. I've met him a couple of times at Pleasant and Havasu but don't have any way to contact him. I hope he's alright and his passengers are too. He runs a year or two old 36 Skater with big blower motors. The boat is all red with yellow flames on it. Somebody out here has to know him, find out if he's alright and post some info. He still owes me a case of beer for towing in his Eliminator and I plan on collecting it someday. Hope he's ok.

Anarchy Powerboats 10-02-2005 11:51 PM

Re: Honeyman Skater crashes in Az.

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA
Does anyone have any info on Honeyman and his 36 Skater? I heard from a buddy who was out at Lake Pleasant today that he rolled in with four people in it. I've met him a couple of times at Pleasant and Havasu but don't have any way to contact him. I hope he's alright and his passengers are too. He runs a year or two old 36 Skater with big blower motors. The boat is all red with yellow flames on it. Somebody out here has to know him, find out if he's alright and post some info. He still owes me a case of beer for towing in his Eliminator and I plan on collecting it someday. Hope he's ok.

That would suck but I predicted this over a month ago. I do hope all are OK but at the speeds he runs I doubt it would be that simple.

Outdrive1 10-02-2005 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
That would suck but I predicted this over a month ago. I do hope all are OK but at the speeds he runs I doubt it would be that simple.

Hey Ken, you talk to Brett lately? He emailed me and said he was going back to Louie's. :eek:

Anarchy Powerboats 10-02-2005 11:55 PM

Hey Ken, you talk to Brett lately? He emailed me and said he was going back to Louie's. :eek:

Im on the phone with him now.

Anarchy Powerboats 10-03-2005 12:19 AM

just got off the phone with District 3 MCSO, no injuries but yes he flipped it. It seem God really does protect drunks and idiots.

Outdrive1 10-03-2005 09:06 AM

Thats good to hear and yes he probably is both of those things.

dockrocker 10-03-2005 11:21 AM

Sounds like a story there...

44MTI 10-03-2005 11:27 AM

Any pics of the boat, before or after.

dank368 10-03-2005 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by 42MTI

before:
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/1/5/78869215.htm

CigDaze 10-03-2005 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
That would suck but I predicted this over a month ago.

Hmmm?...

I hope all are okay.

jordy 10-03-2005 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by 42MTI

Ask and you shall receive:

Before:

http://www.justanothertoy.com/photog...uff/last12.JPG

After:

http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23honeyman.jpg

Suppose that is one way to deep clean the interior. :(

Supposedly he was cut off when they were crusing at 40-45, he came off the wake at a wierd angle, hooked it and rolled. They drug it back to the marina, got it right side up and back on the trailer. I heard the boat is fine, although it was almost dark when they rolled it, so I'm sure it was really dark by the time they got it out of the water.

Sean H 10-03-2005 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by jordy
Supposedly he was cut off when they were crusing at 40-45, he came off the wake at a wierd angle, hooked it and rolled.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

a 10' wide, 36' long offshore cat hooked and rolled at 45 when it hit a wake wrong on a smooth lake...

masher44 10-03-2005 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H

a 10' wide, 36' long offshore cat hooked and rolled at 45 when it hit a wake wrong on a smooth lake...

maybe 145 :rolleyes:

customtouch 10-03-2005 12:59 PM

Kinda what I was thinking, Things that make you go HMMMMMM!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jordy 10-03-2005 01:17 PM

Makes no sense to me. Just talked to a guy I know who was on the boat when it rolled. Said they were slowing down to make a turn, hit a wake and hooked it. Had 8 people on the boat when it happened too. One of those Skater deck boats apparently. Never seen one, but hey it could happen, kind of like rolling at 45. Luckily, as was pointed out, nobody was hurt. Bad deal for those of us who actually boat responsibly on the lake though. I'm sure next weekend is going to be fun. :rolleyes:

Comanche3Six 10-03-2005 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by dank368

Incredible boat!
What a shame

Outdrive1 10-03-2005 05:58 PM

I heard nobody was hurt too. You going out this weekend Jordy? I think I'll head out Sunday. I heard the boat was intact, didn't even break the canapies. :rolleyes: Tough boat... :eek: I dont think he'll get 499 like it was advertised though now.

FOUNTAINATLAST 10-03-2005 06:05 PM

Glad no one was hurt!!!!
Jordy were did that happen???? Looks like in the beginning of the river from the picture..... Hard to imagine he was trying to go too fast there in that s-curve, if thats were it was.... :rolleyes:

Yes next weekend will not be fun.... :(

jordy 10-03-2005 06:34 PM

I'll probably be out there both days this weekend, again. Done lots of boating this summer and it wears me out. At least I have all week at work to recover. :D :D :D

It was somewhere up the Agua Fria arm as 5-0 was hauling ass up that way when we were coming out of Humbug. I guess next time we'll have to chase them down and see what's going on.

The Menace 10-03-2005 07:17 PM

Looks like the Rice Hauler's old 2001 TS TG tugging her along.

jordy 10-03-2005 07:20 PM

That was a really nice looking cig. It had a name on the back, but was done in a temporary block letter decal deal. Didn't fit the scheme of the boat.

Sean H 10-03-2005 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by expresscat39
Looks like the Rice Hauler's old 2001 TS TG tugging her along.

looks like it.....

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...stolen+top+gun

Panther 10-03-2005 07:30 PM

I was just going to say that.... :rolleyes:

FOUNTAINATLAST 10-03-2005 07:33 PM

As many times as I've been out there I don't recall seeing that cig out there...... Must not come out often or be new to the area???? Not really sure...

I take it that stolen Cig was never recovered???!!!

Tbonepmp 10-03-2005 07:33 PM

That is Kevin Schulte's boat isn't it...???
"Out of Control" 38' Top-Gun T/S

Sean H 10-03-2005 07:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
looks pretty similiar....

Sean H 10-03-2005 07:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this is out of control isn't it?

Tbonepmp 10-03-2005 08:02 PM

this is out of control isn't it?

Yep...

Sean H 10-03-2005 08:04 PM

so that just leaves the question... is a stolen cig pulling that skater?

rouxsterre 10-03-2005 08:05 PM

looks pretty similiar....

They are a lot more than similar. They are IDENTICAL, one and the same. . .

Wow. . . busted.

Sydwayz 10-03-2005 08:10 PM

That is not Kevin in the pics with the Skater. The pic in #27 at Phil's place is Kevin's "Out of Control."

masher44 10-03-2005 08:13 PM

OMG what is the REAL deal?

Sean H 10-03-2005 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
That is not Kevin in the pics with the Skater. The pic is #27 at Phil's place is Kevin's "Out of Control."

exactly, the one with the skater was rice haulers stolen top gun.....

masher44 10-03-2005 08:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this might be good one

Sean H 10-03-2005 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by masher44
OMG what is the REAL deal?

are you on the case..? :D

masher44 10-03-2005 08:16 PM

only if you are :D

Sean H 10-03-2005 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by masher44
only if you are :D

i have already been on it.... we need some west coast connections to tell us who was in that cig.... :cool:

Sydwayz 10-03-2005 08:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cropped, lightened and enlarged via crappy SW:

Outdrive1 10-03-2005 08:19 PM

That is the identical boat, does anybody know if it's been paid buy insurance and salvaged or resold? Before anyone jumps to conclusions I may know the new owner of that boat and I believe he bought it as a salvage or repo-ed boat. I'm not positive because I haven't actually seen this guys new boat, and I've never seen this one on our lake before, so I'm guessing it's the same boat he's been talking about. I'll find out tommorrow, someone find out the status of the missing boat before we jump to any conclusions.

masher44 10-03-2005 08:22 PM

before we jump to any conclusions.

you're no fun you desert stain :mad: :evilb: