Had To Lay Off 1/2 Of My Crew Last Week >

Had To Lay Off 1/2 Of My Crew Last Week

Notices

Had To Lay Off 1/2 Of My Crew Last Week

Old 10-12-2005, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Had To Lay Off 1/2 Of My Crew Last Week

I have to agree with Hillbilly, we must buy from the United States companies to keep this from happening.

Also I am going to say this, the US companies need to get their act together. We just purchased a G35 Coupe for my better half and the service that we have gotten after the sale has been stellar. The Corvette which was very close in price just did not have the service(before the sale), or quality.

Come on American Companies get your act together. I currently drive a Suburban, but if the quality does not improve I will be going foreign next time, and I am a small business owner.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:47 AM
Registered

As a business owner I will buy American made products first, but you can get some interesting choices. Do you buy a Caterpillar forklift built in Korea or a Nissan built in Kentucky?
Old 10-12-2005, 11:39 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

To buy American just because we THINK it is built in the US or it is a US held company is ludicrous. Why should I accept mediocrity? If a BMW is the best car for me then I am going to buy a BMW. Why should I buy a Ford, GMC, or Dodge, pay the same money or slightly less and be treated like crap at the dealer if I have a service issue, then when you take it up with Ford, GMC, or Dodge then you get the same old story, "Sorry each dealer is independently owned and operated and we have no control over them" When I had a issue with my Saab it was a TOTALLY different experience. They gave me a Saab to drive around in (when my f350 crew cab dually is in for service they did not want to give me anything but then finally gave me a compact car). When my Saab goes in for service it is out that day or the next for the most part but I really do not care as I am driving an equivalent car. When my Truck goes in at the dealer I can be assured not to see it for at least 7 days. They do not deserve my business so they do not get it plain and simple. I will NEVER accept mediocrity from people it makes me so mad when people do not put out their best effort.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:39 PM
Registered

WE as Americans have set a very high standard for business
and its employees in this country. We have very strict
employment laws,enviromental laws,extremly high taxes
and are expected to give our employees retirement and
tons of benefits. These are all good things and has raised
our standard of living well above anyone else in the world.
It also,in a large determines the price of our goods.
Call it what you want,but I think that any country that
doesnt have to live by the same standards as we expect
for ourselves,shouldnt be able to sell their product in
our country. Some call it protectionism. I call it a
level playing field.
By the same token,alot of countrys do live up to these
standards, and I see no problem buying their products.
AS for what hillbilly said,buy only American,I say
just try and find American product. ITS IMPOSSIBLE.
90% of what you think is American, AINT.
Also you have to be realistic of what people can afford.
Example, I own an auto repair shop. Every mechanic I have
would love to have nothing but Snap-On tools, But at $75.00
for a 3/8 drive ratchet or $275 for a set of wrenches that
get lost every other day,they simply cannot afford it!!
Old 10-12-2005, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
To buy American just because we THINK it is built in the US or it is a US held company is ludicrous. Why should I accept mediocrity? If a BMW is the best car for me then I am going to buy a BMW. Why should I buy a Ford, GMC, or Dodge, pay the same money or slightly less and be treated like crap at the dealer if I have a service issue, then when you take it up with Ford, GMC, or Dodge then you get the same old story, "Sorry each dealer is independently owned and operated and we have no control over them" When I had a issue with my Saab it was a TOTALLY different experience. They gave me a Saab to drive around in (when my f350 crew cab dually is in for service they did not want to give me anything but then finally gave me a compact car). When my Saab goes in for service it is out that day or the next for the most part but I really do not care as I am driving an equivalent car. When my Truck goes in at the dealer I can be assured not to see it for at least 7 days. They do not deserve my business so they do not get it plain and simple. I will NEVER accept mediocrity from people it makes me so mad when people do not put out their best effort.
I agree 100%. I am not gonna buy an american car because it is American, I would buy it because it is the best car for me, reason being that what I do isn't going to change anything. I would like to think that the American people could change the economy by themselves, but its just not going to happen. Go to the projects by me and see if they care if they are buying from Walmart because the sh*t there is Chinese...some of them don't even know where China is. Some of you guys are talking like everyone in America is a good ol' boy, a patriot that would be willing to jump up and buy American made products. Half of my state is Puerto Rican becuase we have the highest Welfare in the country, that being said...do you think they would buy American made products to help the American economy??...please. I wish we could change it, but its just not that easy. I hate talking about stuff like this but just had to comment. Sorry.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDingy
We just purchased a G35 Coupe for my better half and the service that we have gotten after the sale has been stellar. The Corvette which was very close in price just did not have the service(before the sale), or quality.
Bingo...we have a Corvette also. If that is the flagship car of GM/Chevy, then it's just a matter of time before that stupid corporation goes out of business The service at the dealership is sub-par at best.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:22 PM
Registered

Well I work in marketing for a major semiconductor company, needless to say which has many people enthusiastic about the economic climate for China.

But I have a personal feeling, just an opinion, that China
is an economic "time bomb" that is going to blow up. It
may make life tough for us when it happens, but I don't think
it will really hurt us, and in the end we'll do better as stuff
comes back over here.

Do your research and see what I mean. They are pouring money into, and building up a such a tremendous rate, a still communist country where over 80% of the population will be impoverished for a long time to come. China is a big bubble
that it going to burst. In my humble opinion. Doesn't help for now, but I had to say something.

Pesky Varmint
Old 10-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Breathe Later
My company has no fewer than 5 starting hours: 5am,6 am, 7:30 am, 8:30 am 10 am, for all those who need special consideration for their kids. It's really disruptive when, Mon. am (5-10am) everyone must spin their yarn regarding sports, soccer, gymnastics, cheerleading, etc. USA will never be a leader again until we get back to basics.
Let's see, our plants in Mexico provide on site health care, food and transportation. I believe we do the same thing at our design centers in India.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
I agree with you Audio, when I am looking at luxury cars they are never American, but when I buy work trucks, ussually, F550's and 650's I wouldn't look at anything that wasn't American. I aint driving A HINO that looks like an elephants aZZ and rattles down the road, al be it for 1.2 million miles. They run like krap from day one but they run that way forever for some reason. I own several German made Firearms and Lots of Asain electronics, what my point was is that there are some products that Americans make better and when we are buying those items we should do our research and spend a little more money to buy American. I would never buy a tool that was not made in America, I have on several occasions payed as much as 10 times as much for soemthing that was made here versus one made over seas, but you know what when the seals let loose in my 1000 dollar air jack's I can rebuild them instead of throwing them away and they only need seal about every 2 years where the asiain krap goen in the trach 2 twice a year.

And BB725, next time you need a forklift you can buy it from me, they are made in American and by an American owned Family company that has been around and kickin since 1948, Wiggins Lift.

Taz I will talk to our engineering and purchasing departments and see what we have that is going out for bid soon, we use alot of specialty fasteners and hydrualic fittings whcih from what I have read about your shop seems right up your alley. You can give me a call if you want (805) 732 8375 and tell me exactly what kind of things you are best setup for.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:11 PM
B-MAX REPAIR
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hillbilly Ill Give You A Call Tomorrow Afternoon. Thanks Ron

Quick Reply: Had To Lay Off 1/2 Of My Crew Last Week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.