Notices

greatest apache ever?

Old 11-01-2005, 09:24 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: greatest apache ever?

Originally Posted by TAllen
I will assure you that no one else except Apache Powerboats in Miami is allowed to use and/or promote the name Apache. Mark McManus, former employee, unsuccessfully tried to leech on to the name. Not much else to discuss, and you know who is who.
Thanks for your interest and please contact us in the future if you want to step up to an Apache product.
TA
Originally Posted by OffshoreOnly
FORT MYERS, Fla. (12/3/04) — The U.S District Court Southern District of Florida on a motion for voluntary dismissal has dismissed with prejudice a 13-count lawsuit alleging that a Fort Myers-based boat builder was unfairly using trademarks made popular in the powerboat industry.

Apache Offshore Powerboats, LLC (“Apache Offshore”) filed suit in January 2004, against Mark McManus and Mark McManus Inc., alleging that McManus was unfairly using the APACHE and APACHE POWERBOATS & INDIANHEAD LOGO (“Apache Marks”) that McManus helped popularize in the 1980s and 1990s. At issue were the ownership rights to the Apache Marks. McManus is now president and owner of Mark McManus, Inc., located in south Fort Myers.

Apache Offshore’s case was based on allegations that the Apache Marks were assigned on April 14, 1993 by McManus as acting manager for Apache Boats, Inc., to Apache Marine Inc., a boat-building company owned by Robert Saccenti. In the 1980s, McManus was an employee of Apache Boats Inc., a company that had used and popularized the marks on the racing circuit. The company manufactured, sold and repaired Apache® boats, using the marks from September 1987 through June 1995. During 1997, the record owner of Apache Boats, Inc., Jack Kramer, was arrested and the U.S. Government seized the company, appointing McManus to run the facility on its behalf. Kramer assigned the Apache Marks to the US Marshall Service in September 1993.

In an earlier hearing, the court ruled in part in a McManus motion for summary judgment that the April 14, 1993 assignment to Saccenti’s company was fraudulent. “Had Plaintiff performed a reasonable inquiry into the “Assignment” itself and the circumstances surrounding its alleged execution, the fraudulent nature of the document would have become evident immediately,” U.S. District Judge Kenneth L. Ryskamp wrote in his October 18, 2004, summary judgment decision.

After the U.S. Marshall’s Service closed Apache Boats, Inc. on June 30, 1995, McManus moved to Ft. Myers, Florida the following month and established his own boat manufacturing company. McManus actively sought to purchase the Apache Marks from the government. In May 2000, McManus was finally able to purchase the ownership rights to the marks from the U.S. Marshall Service.

McManus built the first Apache® powerboats beginning in 1985, offering custom-designed, one-of-a-kind vessels largely in the 40- to 50-foot range. In 1989, McManus formed Mark McManus, Inc. to build other specialized performance boats.

Throughout his 25-year career in boat building, McManus has been widely recognized by boating industry leaders for his numerous design innovations, including the use of new materials such as Kevlar® and carbon fiber to enhance the safety and durability of high-performance boats. McManus hulls are known to last 20-plus years — unheard of in a high-performance boat designed for rough offshore seas. Every McManus boat is created to be as individual as its owner, and each is a showpiece of power, capability and quality. Hand-painted artwork and graphics give each a unique look and feel. McManus’ Apache® powerboats continue to rewrite powerboat history with their fit, finish and ability to survive and thrive in offshore waters at excessive speeds.

As a respected master in the design and manufacturing of high-performance boats, McManus has created offshore boats ranging from 20- to 65- feet in length and which reach speeds in excess of 120 miles per hour. McManus is the only superboat builder in the world to have built boats flying these prestigious colors: Cigarette Racing Team, USA Racing Team, Apache® Powerboats, Squadron XII, U.S. Customs and Halter Marine.

Please call (239) 454-1114 for more information about the Apache® line of McManus SuperBoats.

Goodbye Thad
Old 11-01-2005, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamer
what about pics of broken arrow
Yeah, I'd love some of those. I use to have 1 or 2 HUGE pics of the boat. But they were lost when my harddrive crashed.

The two pics of Crazy Horse will tide me over for now. My personal favorite 41'
Old 11-01-2005, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Ass TA WS6
Yeah, I'd love some of those. I use to have 1 or 2 HUGE pics of the boat. But they were lost when my harddrive crashed.

The two pics of Crazy Horse will tide me over for now. My personal favorite 41'
yeah wasnt it in the oso classified for a while?

it was awsome... i kind of like the grey int
Old 11-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still Racing!
Attached Thumbnails greatest apache ever?-island-runner.jpg  
Old 11-01-2005, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

so how fast is paleface?

anybody?
Old 11-02-2005, 04:49 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cruzin'

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 08-29-2007 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

Cruzin's big fun. Magnum, Apache the Rottie had big fun this summer when Robert came to play. He help Robert wash his boat all day. Steve
Old 11-02-2005, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nykamp
Cruzin's big fun. Magnum, Apache the Rottie had big fun this summer when Robert came to play. He help Robert wash his boat all day. Steve
paulie was saying how nice robts. boat looked...............now we know.it was the rotti...............and we thought it was a nw wax...........go figure...............magnum mark......
Old 11-02-2005, 09:41 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JnT
Apaches look good in Black. Here's Bull Roar.

She want sitting here bare azz on that deck with out a towell The little blue on my boat you cant even stand on it bare foot when its hot

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeap, that APACHE pup is great help when you are washing a boat. He was sooooo tired at the end of the day, he just laid down in a puddle of water and went to sleep. I had never seen a Rotti with ballerina moves before What a great puppy.

Robert

BTW, the speed number that I heard on PALEFACE was over the century mark.

Quick Reply: greatest apache ever?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.