Like Tree0Likes

damage pics of my condo!!!!

Reply
Old 10-27-2005, 12:58 PM
  #11
Registered
 
Semper Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,234
Default Re: damage pics of my condo!!!!

I hope everyone is ok.

When is enough going to be enough? I would consider moving out of Florida if it was me. I was recently watching a weather show saying that the southern part of the United States is supposed to be battered hard by huricanes for the next 10 years.
Semper Fi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 01:09 PM
  #12
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Dean Ferry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Merritt Is. Fl. USA
My Boats: 2006 Hustler 388, 2004 Hustler Talon 25, 1999 30 Spectre cat and 2007 21' hydrostream voyager w/ Merc. 225 EFI
Posts: 6,580
Default Re: damage pics of my condo!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper Fi
I hope everyone is ok.

When is enough going to be enough? I would consider moving out of Florida if it was me. I was recently watching a weather show saying that the southern part of the United States is supposed to be battered hard by huricanes for the next 10 years.

Yeah, I guess we could move to So. CA where they have wildfires, earthquakes, mudslides, traffic, Outragous cost of living, race riots, and SMOG!
No thanks, I've been through ~ 12 hurricanes over the years, and we were always up and running in a couple of days.
Dean

BTW dreamer, so sorry about your condo. Hopefully you can rebuild it better than new.
Dean

Last edited by Dean Ferry; 10-27-2005 at 01:31 PM.
Dean Ferry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 01:34 PM
  #13
Registered
 
Semper Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,234
Default Re: damage pics of my condo!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Yeah, I guess we could move to So. CA where they have wildfires, earthquakes, mudslides, traffic, Outragous cost of living, race riots, and SMOG!
No thanks, I've been through ~ 12 hurricanes over the years, and we were always up and running in a couple of days.
Dean

BTW dreamer, so sorry about your condo. Hopefully you can rebuild it better than new.
Dean
Dean,
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you....but we get a bad earthquake here every 10 years or so. You guys have had storm after storm after storm just pummel your state. Most of the times the wildfires burn land, not homes. All I meant was that the hirricanes do ALOT more damge than our earthquakes, mudslides, etc... that's a fact, Jack
Semper Fi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 01:39 PM
  #14
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Troy, Mich
My Boats: 1984 Chris Cat
Posts: 2,707
Default Re: damage pics of my condo!!!!

My parents place is in Naples on Gordon Drive. The cupola blew off at the end of the hurricane- but no water damage.
They were lucky- no flooding or surge.

Dreamer- sorry for the damage. Mother nature had a tantrum on the east coast of FLA.

Wannabe
wannabe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 01:49 PM
  #15
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
blume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sherman, Texas
Posts: 2,524
Default Re: damage pics of my condo!!!!

pic # 33 is the elbo room, they have a web cam that is cool. visit elboroom.com to see. not sure if it is up and running, but will check now and be back. either way, check it in the future.
-jr
blume is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 01:51 PM
  #16
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Dean Ferry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Merritt Is. Fl. USA
My Boats: 2006 Hustler 388, 2004 Hustler Talon 25, 1999 30 Spectre cat and 2007 21' hydrostream voyager w/ Merc. 225 EFI
Posts: 6,580
Default Re: damage pics of my condo!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Dean,
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you....but we get a bad earthquake here every 10 years or so. You guys have had storm after storm after storm just pummel your state. Most of the times the wildfires burn land, not homes. All I meant was that the hirricanes do ALOT more damge than our earthquakes, mudslides, etc... that's a fact, Jack
\
Gerald,
No offense taken, and no argument here on the amount of damage a hurricane can do, just trying to point out that just about every area of the US has some sort of natural disasters that is unique to that area.

I was in Long beach working for NASA, when the Northridge quake hit and I'll tell ya' that was like nothing I have ever experienced before or since! What happens to CA when the BIG Quake hits? I hate to think about it, especially with all the people who live in CA.

I've also been thru tornados in TX and they are WORSE than a hurricane, just like a earthquake, no warning, no place to evac to. All in all, I have lived just about everywhere in the lower 48, except the Northwest, and I'll take my chances any day with a Hurricane. At least with a hurricane, you get out of the way of it and you can always choose to rebuild. Just MHO.
Dean
Dean Ferry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 01:51 PM
  #17
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
blume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sherman, Texas
Posts: 2,524
Default Re: damage pics of my condo!!!!

not working... didnt think it would...
blume is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
BY U BOY
General Boating Discussion
22
07-23-2008 10:21 PM
SHARKEY-IMAGES
OPA/The Jersey Boyz
0
06-08-2008 08:57 PM
sakoutis3
General Boating Discussion
39
10-29-2007 05:39 PM
powerboat princess
Superboat
0
08-10-2003 08:02 AM
Waterfoul
General Boating Discussion
12
01-24-2002 12:41 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.