damage pics of my condo!!!!

Notices

damage pics of my condo!!!!

Old 10-27-2005, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: damage pics of my condo!!!!

I hope everyone is ok.

When is enough going to be enough? I would consider moving out of Florida if it was me. I was recently watching a weather show saying that the southern part of the United States is supposed to be battered hard by huricanes for the next 10 years.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:09 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
I hope everyone is ok.

When is enough going to be enough? I would consider moving out of Florida if it was me. I was recently watching a weather show saying that the southern part of the United States is supposed to be battered hard by huricanes for the next 10 years.

Yeah, I guess we could move to So. CA where they have wildfires, earthquakes, mudslides, traffic, Outragous cost of living, race riots, and SMOG!
No thanks, I've been through ~ 12 hurricanes over the years, and we were always up and running in a couple of days.
Dean

BTW dreamer, so sorry about your condo. Hopefully you can rebuild it better than new.
Dean

Last edited by Dean Ferry; 10-27-2005 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Yeah, I guess we could move to So. CA where they have wildfires, earthquakes, mudslides, traffic, Outragous cost of living, race riots, and SMOG!
No thanks, I've been through ~ 12 hurricanes over the years, and we were always up and running in a couple of days.
Dean

BTW dreamer, so sorry about your condo. Hopefully you can rebuild it better than new.
Dean
Dean,
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you....but we get a bad earthquake here every 10 years or so. You guys have had storm after storm after storm just pummel your state. Most of the times the wildfires burn land, not homes. All I meant was that the hirricanes do ALOT more damge than our earthquakes, mudslides, etc... that's a fact, Jack
Old 10-27-2005, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My parents place is in Naples on Gordon Drive. The cupola blew off at the end of the hurricane- but no water damage.
They were lucky- no flooding or surge.

Dreamer- sorry for the damage. Mother nature had a tantrum on the east coast of FLA.

Wannabe
Old 10-27-2005, 12:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

pic # 33 is the elbo room, they have a web cam that is cool. visit elboroom.com to see. not sure if it is up and running, but will check now and be back. either way, check it in the future.
-jr
Old 10-27-2005, 12:51 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Dean,
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you....but we get a bad earthquake here every 10 years or so. You guys have had storm after storm after storm just pummel your state. Most of the times the wildfires burn land, not homes. All I meant was that the hirricanes do ALOT more damge than our earthquakes, mudslides, etc... that's a fact, Jack
\
Gerald,
No offense taken, and no argument here on the amount of damage a hurricane can do, just trying to point out that just about every area of the US has some sort of natural disasters that is unique to that area.

I was in Long beach working for NASA, when the Northridge quake hit and I'll tell ya' that was like nothing I have ever experienced before or since! What happens to CA when the BIG Quake hits? I hate to think about it, especially with all the people who live in CA.

I've also been thru tornados in TX and they are WORSE than a hurricane, just like a earthquake, no warning, no place to evac to. All in all, I have lived just about everywhere in the lower 48, except the Northwest, and I'll take my chances any day with a Hurricane. At least with a hurricane, you get out of the way of it and you can always choose to rebuild. Just MHO.
Dean
Old 10-27-2005, 12:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

not working... didnt think it would...