Notices

Poker Run Question?

Old 10-30-2005, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts
Default Re: Poker Run Question?

I bought a new 32 Sunsation Dominator Mid-Cabin(T6.2's)last December and have run is 7 Poker Runs so far this year. I have had a blast every time and my boat has often been the smallest and slowest in the pack (73.4 GPS). Stu at www.flpowerboat.com is awesome and makes everyone feel at home no matter what you show up with and I think the guys with the 26-29 Velocity's have the most fun. Seems like the south FL events have a lot more heavy metal and the northern events (Daytona, Jacksonville) have a good mix of big and small boats. By far the coolest trip I have gone on was the Bimini run in July. We ran over at 60-70mph in dead calm water and made it in less than an hour. The way back was a little bouncy in 2-4's but we made it in 1 1/2 hours. We are going to Key West in a couple of weeks and that should be your inaugural event!
Old 10-31-2005, 05:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run my 25' senza in the NY runs all the time.....can't keep up with the big guys but still have a blast....sometimes I skip the first stop...I usually end up just a head of most of the pack....just check if the hosting organizations let you skip card stops.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bryan Rose
Was thinking about that one as well as the SEADOGS Donzi event in Jax, the last weekend on April 06.
Louisville Boater you reading this?

Bryan
I am all for it. I am rapidly running some numbers to see how some nasty tax issues will effect my rebuild this winter.

I have a sneaky feeling that I can make it work! The parts will definately need to be shipped to a location other than my house.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not about speed, it's all about having fun!! Trust me!