Notices

whipple out of business??

Old 11-08-2005, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: whipple out of business??

Dustin was at SEMA all last week...
They are not out of business and Dustin has always answered any question I've asked (very acurately BTW) even when it hasn't pertained to his product
Last I was told is 2.3L stuff will be available this month and 3.3L stuff in December.

Could be worse, try calling ProCharger for some help

Dave
Old 11-08-2005, 08:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Too bad the girl answering the phone didn't know where he was. Could have avoided all of this.

Whipple makes a great product, they need more technicians.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I started calling him a couple of weeks before sema. yesterday she said dustin was there and she would have him call me. No call.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:19 AM
Registered

He returned my e-mail a few weeks ago but has not returned my phone call.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:43 AM
Registered

OK guys, thanks for the encouraging words, really. To the ones that don't know the circumstances, our SC supplier, Lysholm put us in a severe situation. By May of 05', Lysholm was over 3000 units behind!! It's hard for a SC company to stay in business without SC's! It's hard to make payroll, it's hard to help consumers, it's hard to grow.

We made a decision (in Feb.) to cut as much as possible and do our very best to handle customers during these hard times. We went from 35 employee's to 8. We are now back to 13 employee's but certainly not enough. It's pretty simple, we could've just closed the doors and saved a severe amount of $$, then started a new company with the same products when they were available. But every week we operate in a loss to help customers. Some may think there is another reason, but thats the only reason. Trust me, it's very discouraging. So if you think customers are getting the shaft, that's simply a stupid, uneducated thing to say and I take offense to that. I'm working my tail off, doing everything I can (don't forget we are in the automotive market as well) to help current customers and help prepare for our future.

I am one person, taking too many calls, handling too many things, but we don't currently have another choice. If you have a question or problem, email me, [email protected]. I can't call everybody back and do everything I'm doing, it's pretty simple. I'm sorry that this has happened, but it's 100% out of our control, we did not foresee the shortage and the problems it caused. It kills me everyday that I could sale product, help a customer, whatever it is, but what choice do I have? I have spent countless hours, for years on this site as well as many others answering tech questions, problems, etc. for customers that don't even have our product, but now, during these hard times, our support sucks, very nice.

Many think it's Mercury or something like that, but that really has nothing to do with it. We take nearly 5000 a year, Mercury utilizes approx. 10% of that. Its far more simple, Lysholm had trouble with vendors, fell behind and then created a serious delay by switching vendors, dealing with the board and getting cash flow for start-up cost.

Teague is not the "Lysholm" distributor, according to our contract, we are still the only authorized distributor. It's far more difficult than that at this point, but I can't really go into those details.

There will be product available very soon, we are fulfilling back orders starting next week and will continue until mid December. Our current plan is to fulfill "new" orders in Jan.

For those that have stuck by us during this troubled time and truly know our commitment to quality and support, will certainly benefit from our new products and restructured company. We will be back, bigger and better than ever, thats a promise.

Thank you
Dustin Whipple

PS Keith went to work for the railroad, union job, it was a great opportunity that he couldn't pass up.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:46 AM
Registered

Awesome. Looking forward to your new products.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good to hear from you, Dustin, best of luck.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Dustin,

Thanks for the great reply to the OSO crowd. At some point we will be ready to beef up our 500 efi's and believe me with everything we have read and heard about you, your company and your commitment to service you will be our first phone call.

Thanks
Old 11-08-2005, 12:57 PM
Registered

Thanks guys.

I again wanted to state, WE ARE NOT GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!!
That was just to go against the rumors of the industry. We easily could've taken customers money and used that to help "float" until we got product, but we did nothing of the kind. We have maintained, during this difficult time, 100% on our own. I hope that shows our committment.

Thanks
Old 11-08-2005, 01:03 PM
Registered

Location: Where the water meets the oaks 'n Pines in the Sierra Nevada's of NorCal

Best of Luck Dustin,

Looking forward to seeing you and your company get back in the groove.

Quick Reply: whipple out of business??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.