Eliminator Defies Laws of Physics

Old 11-10-2005, 06:05 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Eliminator Defies Laws of Physics

Originally Posted by Breathe Later
Hey, be nice to POWERBOAT mag, their editorial did make mention of OSO's hurricane relief effort. That's alot better than Brett Becker calling us a bunch of nitwits.....
There is not an apparatus on earth that will take them out of the sh!t hole they are in this household. Plenty other publications... actually for up to date stuff OSO is all you need.

Got a few mags after ordering stuff from Teague and they make nice colored flames in the fireplace...
Old 11-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spectre Man,

While you're certainly entitled to your opinion, I was one of the test drivers for Powerboat in Parker AZ when we ran both the DCB and the Eliminator. (please note weight difference which should answer the speed difference between the two brands) The speeds reported are accurate. Test team 1 included Bob Teaque and Matt Trulio. Test team 2 for this series of tests, was me and Gregg Mansfield. We independently run each boat thru the same tests, and then independent of either Bob or myself, the staff compares our results. In so doing they do their very best to report the real world results. As to prices quotes, those come from the manufacturers on the info form they give to Powerboat at the performance trials.

I will stake my reputation on the objective results you see in Powerboat Magazine.

As an aside, the Eliminator did have a very high X dimension and certainly took a bit of effort to get on plane. Now, as to that DCB that can run 150 but you kick it's butt all the time: How about this: We each put up $100,000, I convince Bob Teague to join me in the DCB you mentioned and you drive your boat, we'll race 2 miles or so wherever you like, and the winnner takes the combined $200,000 purse, $100,000 of which will go to the Red Cross hurricane relief efforts.

You in?

Steve David
Old 11-10-2005, 06:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveDavid
Spectre Man,

While you're certainly entitled to your opinion, I was one of the test drivers for Powerboat in Parker AZ when we ran both the DCB and the Eliminator. (please note weight difference which should answer the speed difference between the two brands) The speeds reported are accurate. Test team 1 included Bob Teaque and Matt Trulio. Test team 2 for this series of tests, was me and Gregg Mansfield. We independently run each boat thru the same tests, and then independent of either Bob or myself, the staff compares our results. In so doing they do their very best to report the real world results. As to prices quotes, those come from the manufacturers on the info form they give to Powerboat at the performance trials.

I will stake my reputation on the objective results you see in Powerboat Magazine.

As an aside, the Eliminator did have a very high X dimension and certainly took a bit of effort to get on plane. Now, as to that DCB that can run 150 but you kick it's butt all the time: How about this: We each put up $100,000, I convince Bob Teague to join me in the DCB you mentioned and you drive your boat, we'll race 2 miles or so wherever you like, and the winnner takes the combined $200,000 purse, $100,000 of which will go to the Red Cross hurricane relief efforts.

You in?

Steve David

Good answer Steve!!
Old 11-10-2005, 06:21 PM
Registered

Spectre Man,

You in?

Steve David
Steve,

Nice to read something from you. I applaud your offer to donate some money to the Red Cross relief efforts. Unfortunately, I doubt that your proposed race will happen. Nonetheless, if you say each boat ran those speeds, that's enough for me.

The real question is, can anyone achieve that result or, only someone of your caliber (of which, admittedly there are but few)? Also, should the average high performance enthusiast attempt to reach the same the speed? How did it handle? I have not read the articles above. But, would enjoy hearing your first hand opinion.

Thanks.

Miller
Old 11-10-2005, 06:33 PM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

Hey Miller, nice to hear from you.

You ask a good question, and I think it's maybe one of the reasons Powerboat invited me to join their test team as a junior member. I do not have the experience Bob Teague has in these types of boats, and most likely I would obtain about the same results that a generally experienced high performance boater would obtain. Bob would more than likely pull more speed than I would from the same boat. We both certainly (And Johnny Tomlinson who is also a team member) give it our best for max speed and have the luxury of normally pretty good conditions, rescue helicopter overhead and divers on the rescue boat. After maximum speed, every other measurement could be duplicated by anyone with some experience in a similar craft.

As to how it handled, COOL!!!!!!!!! I was like a kid in the candy shop. These are new to pretty new boats, in tip top shape and I get to just run the daylight out of them. Initally, a boat may be a bit intimidating, until you figure out the specifics of the hull and set up. It's a dream come true for me. Builders like Bob Leach, Skip from Cigarette, Reggie, Nick Barron, the folks from Magic and Eliminator, E ticket,Chaparal, Formula etc. giving you the keys to their creations and saying "tell us what we can do better".

Take care Miller, hope to see you around the docks soon.

Steve
Old 11-10-2005, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spectre Man,

You in?

Steve David
Old 11-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Registered

oh yea, I like the mag! you guys have the best job...next to Hef.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:38 PM
Registered

Steve,

Thanks for the response. Glad to hear your enjoying the new gig. While I question if you're really only getting the same speeds as a "generally experienced high performance boater would obtain". You're at a bit higher level of experience than most.

I'm swamped with worth these days. But, it would be good to been seen around the docks. Hopefully that will happen. Who knows, maybe I'll even drag T2x out into the sunlight with me! Of course, dressed in all black, he might melt.

Take care,

Miller
Old 11-10-2005, 07:52 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

First of all welcome to OSO BLeach. I have always enjoyed your boats. It's nice to know you are a member here.

Specterman, sounds like it's time to put up or shut up. You said you could do it, the challange has ben made.

Steve, great to hear you are enjoying your new ...... um, I could hardly call it a job. But, hey. someone has to do it. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Mark
Old 11-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steven
Welcome back its been a while, or maybe I just missed you posts. Havent seen you since Black Thunder moved its in water from Sea Line marina at the Miami Boat show. Hope you and yours are well.

Randy

Quick Reply: Eliminator Defies Laws of Physics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.