Crazy Tom's question about performance boating >

Crazy Tom's question about performance boating

Notices

Crazy Tom's question about performance boating

Old 11-14-2005, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Crazy Tom's question about performance boating

Maybe that's whe nobody ever goes for a second ride with me :-) They do talk about the first ride for the rest of their life though.
now thats what im talkin bout
Old 11-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wink Re: Crazy Tom's question about performance boating

It's not how fast your boat goes.... but how long your boat goes fast!
Old 11-14-2005, 02:56 PM

There are several types of performance-boat owners.....

1. The guy who bought a go-fast so he could look cooler than all the other middle-age divorced alcoholics at his yacht club who sit on them tied to the docks all weekend, hammered out of their gourds.

2. The guy who needed the biggest, not the highest quality as bigger is way more impressive to the non-knowing.

3. The guy who got a no-money-down, 35 year loan and can't afford the water to wash the thing let alone the fuel and engine parts.

4. The nutcase that's going to do whatever the fuc& he wants- in no-wake zones, 3' from your dock, at night or whenever the mood strikes him. (ferry wakes may fit into this category- depends on how close)

5. Losers who don't know sh!t about their boats other than some of the skanks at the waterside bars will blow them for rides around the bay.

6. Guys who know their equipment, know the water and know boat handling. They run hard but smart. They know the cost of doing business and are willing to accept them.

There are more but this easy-to-use, dockside identification guide will get you most of the way home.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Iggy
Why drive it like you stole it? All you're doing is beating it to death.
You take anything mechanical and run it at full capacity, throttle, etc. and it'll cost you a bundle to maintain.
People buy Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Porsche's, Corvette's all of which are capable of triple digit speeds. But you don't see the owners tearing up the highways. Besides the fact of it being illegal, it's also gets quite expensive. I certainly wouldn't spend that kind of money on a purchase just to blow it up.
One other point.....a boat traveling at 80+ mph is dangerous. All it takes if for one idiot on a PWC, a bass boat, sail boat, row boat, to get in your path and it's over. Traveling at those speeds you can not make any sudden moves or changes in course. You're just an accident waiting to happen.

You offer the exact answer to your own argument. Offshore is the last place we can go to do something like this. Most of the people who own those cars have no idea how to operate them at over 70 MPH. I grew so sick of expensive-car guys back when I raced cars. They always were talking sh1t about driving this and that. For the $$ they had tied up, they could have been out there "doing it" but it's safer driving the Lambo to Dairy Mart. More broads ogling too.

If you've got bass boats and sail boats where you run, you shouldn't even be there in an offshore boat.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
There are several types of performance-boat owners.....

1. The guy who bought a go-fast so he could look cooler than all the other middle-age divorced alcoholics at his yacht club who sit on them tied to the docks all weekend, hammered out of their gourds.

2. The guy who needed the biggest, not the highest quality as bigger is way more impressive to the non-knowing.

3. The guy who got a no-money-down, 35 year loan and can't afford the water to wash the thing let alone the fuel and engine parts.

4. The nutcase that's going to do whatever the fuc& he wants- in no-wake zones, 3' from your dock, at night or whenever the mood strikes him. (ferry wakes may fit into this category- depends on how close)

5. Losers who don't know sh!t about their boats other than some of the skanks at the waterside bars will blow them for rides around the bay.

6. Guys who know their equipment, know the water and know boat handling. They run hard but smart. They know the cost of doing business and are willing to accept them.

There are more but this easy-to-use, dockside identification guide will get you most of the way home.

How about letting us know which one of these catagories that you fall into??

....or are you one of those people who doesn't own a boat, but knows everything about them?
Old 11-14-2005, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by OldSchool
How about letting us know which one of these catagories that you fall into??

....or are you one of those people who doesn't own a boat, but knows everything about them?

Yeah, I forgot about #7, the wannabe. Internet is full of 'em.

I'd say I'm a reformed #4, tryin' hard to be a #6 but right now is a #8- Boater with a huge project that he'll be lucky to live long enough to reassemble!
Old 11-14-2005, 04:17 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To each his own. YOU get to use YOUR boat exactly the way YOU want (safely), tell anyone else to F off if they don't like it. That is what is great about boating. <gg>

I do have to laugh at some "Macho boaters" who have never cruised huge distances offshore, or been in storms at sea, tell people they are throttles to the wall all the time.....then you find out they .................... (fill in goof fact here).

Last edited by CBR; 11-14-2005 at 05:01 PM.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just go buy an Apache
Old 11-14-2005, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TOM I To pick the days I go out, and no one seems to go on a second ride with me too I ride offshore too. no jet skies to run in to and I like to run as fast as I can and be in control next yr I plan on racing again its been a couple of yrs my nav in last race quit after the race but I have a young buck ex coast guard kid that went out for one test ride he wants to race next yr we will see
Old 11-14-2005, 07:28 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'd say I am a #6. Joe Murray

Quick Reply: Crazy Tom's question about performance boating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.