Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Callan "Miss Longlite" Barrel Rolls in KW (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/116743-callan-miss-longlite-barrel-rolls-kw.html)

Sean H 11-24-2005 07:26 PM

Re: Callan "Miss Longlite" Barrel Rolls in KW

Originally Posted by KLAATU
FOUNTAINS RULE DUDE . :evilb:

now i know you have lived in KW too long.... :D :drink:

1HYPER1 11-24-2005 10:27 PM

KLAATU,
Did you get hit in the head with a palm tree during the Hurricane,there is more to life than Fountain,I know that they did well in Key West but damn, do you really have to keep kissin Reggies butt.Come on Mike give it a rest. :evilb:

fotopress 11-25-2005 09:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here's a photo of one of the cracks...

J.

LostinBoston 11-25-2005 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by cookee
Thank you! :D

I heard that the boat didn't actually roll - just went up one one side and came back down?

It went completely over and landed right side uip after coming down hard on its starboard side.

Originally Posted by GATORONE
That rocket was dog slow without the turbines. The old boat looked and ran better. :eek:

This boat had the least amount of power in the race, and was also the biggest. the 40 platinum had more power then it. Bacardi had about 700 hp more. 160+ with 1350's NA is Dog slow? The new one handles better and is better balanced. Not sure why you would think the old tencara was better.

GATORONE 11-25-2005 02:23 PM

I saw the boat run at key west and loto. The old boat went faster at loto and had a chance to win at key west before it came apart last year. Maybe the will get it dialed in better.

Strip Poker 388 11-25-2005 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by fotopress
here's a photo of one of the cracks...

J.

That doesent look to bad .

Who had the 1350hp NA motors????????

Rob :D

LostinBoston 11-26-2005 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
That doesent look to bad .

Who had the 1350hp NA motors????????

Rob :D

The Torqu V12's Callan were running are NA.

Dean Ferry 11-27-2005 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by GATORONE
I saw the boat run at key west and loto. The old boat went faster at loto and had a chance to win at key west before it came apart last year. Maybe the will get it dialed in better.

Yep, just wait til they get her dialed in better, it will be something to see, probobly the only thing to be seen will be the transom as everyone chases it! :evilb:

Seriously, the boat doesn't have alot of test time, because it came out of the mold late in the spring of 05', and Callan had to rig it electrically and mechnically for both torques, and the turbines. Very complex electrical system design involved with supporting both powerplants. It will be very interesting next year when the C50 has so more test time under her belt.
Happy Holidays,
Dean