Stay in, or get out of boating? >

Stay in, or get out of boating?

Notices

Stay in, or get out of boating?

Old 12-04-2005, 05:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Stay in, or get out of boating?

I'm trying to sell my Cruiser to get back into the Speed scene
Old 12-04-2005, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Stay in, or get out of boating?

I also got a little burned out,I built engines for my 36 and dumped 30,000.00 into the boat.Then I decided I would buil a 29 foot with a single,easy to trailer,1 motor yadda yadda yadda.Took my wife and kids out on the 29 and it was fun for about 20 mins.Then the complaints,too noisey,no cabin,a/c,cockpit too small,why do we slow down when we see boat wakes?Because if I didnt we be fn airborne!!!Sold both and bought bone stock 38 footer 500 efis with generator and nice cabin.All is well!!!!!!Take a break! my kids are alot of work we took our 18month,6 and 9 yr old to key west for 7 days pushing stroller and a crap load of stuff everywhere.We survived.
Attached Thumbnails Stay in, or get out of boating?-000_1532.jpg  

Last edited by plumbers crack; 12-04-2005 at 05:29 PM. Reason: add pict
Old 12-04-2005, 06:09 PM
Registered

Plumbers is that Freds boat? (1/2 of them are )That looks sharp.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:18 PM
Registered

What elsle are you going to due in the summer. Sit in the AC or sweat your arse off?? I think that your kids will love to be out in the water, possible trips to the beach etc.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 56 Posts

Time spent with your kids on the water is the best. Daddy gets the hot rod fix , mamma gets to lay around in the sun, and the kids swim, picnic, skip rocks, throw frisbe, rope swing, etc etc. take lots of pictures, because your building memories of a life time. I totaly love this stuff. It helps me forget about the stress of work and focus on the family and good clean fun.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Registered

I feel your pain. For those of us that money HAS to be budgeted, a boat is sometimes a hard thing to justify. But,

Remember when I was talking about the last day I had my boat in the water? I was all alone out there and it ran great. I know you can relate to that feeling, hell any of us can.

So, you like the rest of us that break our necks pinching pennies to fix that "Broken thing again" so that we can have that one perfect day, give a yell!

Besides, don't know about you but I need the distraction...

Bryan
Old 12-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Registered

Talking Re: Stay in, or get out of boating?

Yes it was Freds,He might want it back.Then I get the hustler.Then he takes back hustler,then I take back formula.Two very confused boat owners!
Old 12-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Troutly
Best two days in a boater's life...the day you buy it...and the day you sell it!
I hear this all the time, but I've seen some owners close to tears as they sold their pride and joy. Sometimes sellers seem to want their boat to fail survey!
Old 12-04-2005, 08:35 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mark............. Sounds like you're gettin the winter bordom blues. Not uncommon this time of year. If you sold it, and took a big hit, would you be any happier? If you downsized, would you be any happier? Maybe for a while, or until you seen another 42 roar past you.

I did that 15 years ago. Had a 35 Cig with 575's, SSM III's Stellings, great boat. Well, got rid of it cause I was kinda feelin like you are right now, and thought that I'd get a single engine boat to go tube'n and skiing with. Man, it was fun tubin and skiing, BUT, everyweekend that the wife and I were sitting in the playpen (Olive park) just relaxin on the back of the boat, and then I'd hear the roar of a bunch of offshore boats coming into the breakwall, I would almost always sit up and just watch them idle past with that rumpidy, rump rump of the big power engines.
Then when they fired back up to leave, I looked around and seen all the other guys in the same kinda boats like I had watching and stareing the same way that I was. I always said to Lois, Man, am I sorry that we don't have that Cig anymore. That could be us out there havin fun runnin the big waves instead of just sittin here in this dumb 21 ft. boat watching everyone else doin what we like to do.
After several years of teasin myself I just said Fu** IT !!! I don't even want a boat anymore, so we sold the 21 ft Scarab I that we had. Now we were boatless. And we always seemed to be down at the harbor going out with Magnum Mark, Mikey Friedman, Franky "Hollywood", Ben Zajewski (NEXT) Mike D' Ambrose, Dave Saab (42 Fountain) and the list goes on. And I just complained and complained about not having a boat anymore.
Finally Lois just said, go find the boat you want, buy it, and stop b!tchin already. That was 01, and I bought the" Preacher" 10 mtr. And ya know what? I'm still not happy !!! There's plenty of times that I feel just like you do right now, but I already went through that being pissed and sellin everything, and I remember how I regretted it.

So, take care of the drive issues, obviously, you must be lettin the wrong people do the work, and you should be back runnin. Don't give up, I know you, and I know you will regret it. You're just going through a depressed time right now. Ya got my #'s, give me a call, and we'll shoot the $hit.

Plan on attending the Chicago boat show. The Chicago Powerboat club will be having it's display setup at the Fountain booth, that's Shogren Fountain, and we will be having a party on sat. night after the show. Bring Candy, she'll have a good time.
Frank
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 12-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

Keep it you never know when someone will show up and make the whole thing worthwhile.

Quick Reply: Stay in, or get out of boating?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.