Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   30 ft. Cat in rough water? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/117955-30-ft-cat-rough-water.html)

Steve_H 12-07-2005 12:46 PM

Re: 30 ft. Cat in rough water?

Originally Posted by Jonas
if U are serious i am going to get a 28 - 30 ft cat wth outboards would prefer to take one on partial trade as the wife and tax issue would be iliminated!! :D :D i have a few in the cross hairs,,
the one i want ex race boat skater with full canopy guy seems got cold feet.. but there are many out there,,,
i know selling my boat or trading shouldnt be an issue..
insurance isnt bad either.
and its fast!!

this pic is at a little over 95 with 4 people in boat on the scope poker run.. still had throttle left :D

lets just do a straight even trade. just trying to help with the tax issues :cool: you have to bring it to loto though. dont think my pos truck could make it to Disc. Bay and back again :rolleyes:

Sean H 12-07-2005 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Steve_H
lets just do a straight even trade. just trying to help with the tax issues :cool: you have to bring it to loto though. dont think my pos truck could make it to Disc. Bay and back again :rolleyes:

steve you bought one of the most fun boats you could have at loto and you want to get rid of it for some vee!!! :eek: :D :drink: oh the sacrilege....

Jonas 12-07-2005 01:00 PM

Would be not so good for me but thanks,,, i can help with transpo,, got truck and have someone that i can pay to drive.
how fast is your boat?
what motors are on it?
just curious as i continue my hunt... thanks

Originally Posted by Steve_H

Jonas 12-07-2005 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
steve you bought one of the most fun boats you could have at loto and you want to get rid of it for some vee!!! :eek: :D :drink: oh the sacrilege....

you are not helping,, whos side u on? :D

how is the weather? :evilb: :eek: :drink:

Steve_H 12-07-2005 01:32 PM

300 pro max's, mid 90's

Johno 12-07-2005 02:10 PM

We ran a Poker run earlier this year across Tampabay in bad weather, conservatively 5-7' & with no consistency. Speed2lead in his Spectre ran with us & was the only cat to make it to the hotel that night. The ride across was that bad that I broke the needle off my Livorsi Tach from the pounding. Not to start a cat verse V-hull debate, the cats either broke mounts, could't get on a plane or were swamped with water. On the way back the following day I had Speed2lead follow us & we did't think they were going to make it across the Bay. PM Speed & ask how he & his wife enjoyed the ride.In 2-3's no problem, however when it gets big & sloppy the 30 ain't big enogh to get on plane imho.
John

berns29scarab 12-07-2005 02:16 PM

steve the boat has to run better than that. i have a 98 30 spectre with 2003 300x's, spinning 15x32 3 blades only to 64-6500 rpms and my best was 106. full of fuel and people it'll run 99-101 everyday. peak power for the x's is 6800 rpms and my motors are deep. x is 1 9/16's which is very conservative. i've thought about a v as well because i do miss spending alot of time in the ocean but would have to be a helluva deal to convert me. if i were going to a v would have to be 32ft min and run 85 plus and even then i'd have to think long and hard. nothing like running my boat in 2-3's at 90 and not feeling a thing.

mr_velocity 12-07-2005 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
the only way i'd go back to a v is if insurance gets any crazier. of ir i decide i'm doing more ocean running.

Nah, just get a bigger cat :D

Jonas 12-07-2005 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Johno
We ran a Poker run earlier this year across Tampabay in bad weather, conservatively 5-7' & with no consistency. Speed2lead in his Spectre ran with us & was the only cat to make it to the hotel that night. The ride across was that bad that I broke the needle off my Livorsi Tach from the pounding. Not to start a cat verse V-hull debate, the cats either broke mounts, could't get on a plane or were swamped with water. On the way back the following day I had Speed2lead follow us & we did't think they were going to make it across the Bay. PM Speed & ask how he & his wife enjoyed the ride.In 2-3's no problem, however when it gets big & sloppy the 30 ain't big enogh to get on plane imho.
John

hmm maybe i should keep my boat. :eek:

Steve_H 12-07-2005 08:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jesse James
Steve a good friend here is wanting another spectre 30 he has had 2 previously....but is looking to trade one or some of his toys.....Condo at the condo's across from salty dog, 40 ft diesel pusher motor coach, or a 41 scb maxum motoryact any interest in any of those?

how much for the condo?