Like Tree0Likes

How FAST is FAST? UNREAL!

Reply
Old 12-11-2005, 10:22 PM
  #81
Registered
 
aquaforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stockbridge, Ga.
My Boats: Three Birds !!! 242SS, 242LS and 419 FASTech
Posts: 1,477
Default Re: How FAST is FAST? UNREAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noboat
Like I said some people don't get it. Not saying that's good or bad, they just don't. I can relate to it and I thought it was great.


Yea, you said it several times.

Sooo ezblain to me what I'm to get about violating road laws, wreckless endangerment to others and risking my life for a thrill.
You still have not recognized that speed and fun can happen without dangerous risk.
aquaforce is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 10:31 PM
  #82
Registered
 
JCPERF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Long Island,New York
My Boats: 10 foot Kayak
Posts: 8,908
Default Re: How FAST is FAST? UNREAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaforce
Yea, you said it several times.

Sooo ezblain to me what I'm to get about violating road laws, wreckless endangerment to others and risking my life for a thrill.
You still have not recognized that speed and fun can happen without dangerous risk.
Move on to another thread if you dont like it.
JCPERF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 10:41 PM
  #83
Registered
 
aquaforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stockbridge, Ga.
My Boats: Three Birds !!! 242SS, 242LS and 419 FASTech
Posts: 1,477
Default Re: How FAST is FAST? UNREAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPERF
Move on to another thread if you dont like it.

Are you dangerous too.
aquaforce is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 10:43 PM
  #84
Registered
 
JCPERF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Long Island,New York
My Boats: 10 foot Kayak
Posts: 8,908
Default Re: How FAST is FAST? UNREAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaforce
Are you dangerous too.
very
JCPERF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 10:43 PM
  #85
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
onesickpantera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Michigan
My Boats: 1999 Pantera 24 Sport
Posts: 4,261
Default Re: How FAST is FAST? UNREAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaforce
Yea, you said it several times.

Sooo ezblain to me what I'm to get about violating road laws, wreckless endangerment to others and risking my life for a thrill.
You still have not recognized that speed and fun can happen without dangerous risk.
That is my point it CAN'T be explained. You either get it or you don't. Violating road laws and risking my own life is my choice. As far as endangering others, IMO I don't think I am endangering other people's lives any more than the majority of members here are endangering their passenger's lives in their boat at high speeds.

Is it smart? No. Is it fun? Hell yes! 170mph on two wheels is a rush that I have not been able to match. But, maybe ratman will change that!
onesickpantera is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 10:49 PM
  #86
A to Z
Platinum Member
 
Sean H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: KC/LOTO
Posts: 9,156
Default Re: How FAST is FAST? UNREAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPERF
very
only if you are standing near his motors when they are running....
Sean H is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 10:50 PM
  #87
Registered
 
aquaforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stockbridge, Ga.
My Boats: Three Birds !!! 242SS, 242LS and 419 FASTech
Posts: 1,477
Default Re: How FAST is FAST? UNREAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noboat
That is my point it CAN'T be explained. You either get it or you don't. Violating road laws and risking my own life is my choice. As far as endangering others, IMO I don't think I am endangering other people's lives any more than the majority of members here are endangering their passenger's lives in their boat at high speeds.

Is it smart? No. Is it fun? Hell yes! 170mph on two wheels is a rush that I have not been able to match. But, maybe ratman will change that!

I don't believe that getting into a boat for a great ride can be equated to risk taking on a bike where people just get on the road to travel, work, etc and a dangerous driver imposes an unsafe condition to others.
aquaforce is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 10:50 PM
  #88
Registered
VIP Member
 
nolimits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Babylon, Long Island
My Boats: 03, Fountain 38 Lightning
Posts: 804
Default Re: How FAST is FAST? UNREAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noboat
That is my point it CAN'T be explained. You either get it or you don't. Violating road laws and risking my own life is my choice. As far as endangering others, IMO I don't think I am endangering other people's lives any more than the majority of members here are endangering their passenger's lives in their boat at high speeds.

Is it smart? No. Is it fun? Hell yes! 170mph on two wheels is a rush that I have not been able to match. But, maybe ratman will change that!
No, violating the road laws like that is risking everyones life. You just think it's some kind of right you have, because you havn;t seen enough of life to realize how stupid and irresponsible it is. I have ridden my for 30 years. I used to do $hi t like like, only 130 or so because that was how fast bikes were back then. But, I have seen the remains of a friend, and two other's I didn't know. You have a few kids and you grow up. You realize it's plain stupid and dangerous to everyone around you. To bad he didn;t get locked up and loose his license. I don't want morons like that freaking my kids out when they learn to drive in 3 years...... Totally selfish a$$hole.
nolimits is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 10:51 PM
  #89
Registered
 
JCPERF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Long Island,New York
My Boats: 10 foot Kayak
Posts: 8,908
Default Re: How FAST is FAST? UNREAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean H
only if you are standing near his motors when they are running....
Projectile
Attached Images
 
JCPERF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 11:04 PM
  #90
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
onesickpantera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Michigan
My Boats: 1999 Pantera 24 Sport
Posts: 4,261
Default Re: How FAST is FAST? UNREAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolimits
No, violating the road laws like that is risking everyones life. You just think it's some kind of right you have, because you havn;t seen enough of life to realize how stupid and irresponsible it is. I have ridden my for 30 years. I used to do $hi t like like, only 130 or so because that was how fast bikes were back then. But, I have seen the remains of a friend, and two other's I didn't know. You have a few kids and you grow up. You realize it's plain stupid and dangerous to everyone around you. To bad he didn;t get locked up and loose his license. I don't want morons like that freaking my kids out when they learn to drive in 3 years...... Totally selfish a$$hole.
For the record I haven't owned a bike for over 5 years. And if I got another I'm sure I wouldn't drive it like I used to. But, who buys a bike and does the speed limit everywhere they go?

How many people do you hear about getting killed/injured from a bike on a divided highway? Yes, 170 is not smart. But, neither is 80+ mph in 4 footers but people do it. Why? For the rush.

I can type until my fingers bleed and I will never get my point accross or change anyone's opinion on this. There will be people on both sides of the fence.
onesickpantera is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
hauling ass-a
Formula
8
01-17-2013 08:42 PM
maxonmike
Sunsation
3
06-16-2007 08:29 AM
ziemer
General Boating Discussion
15
03-18-2007 09:34 AM
Tom Earhart
Eliminator
19
10-18-2004 09:34 AM
Cattitude
General Q & A
1
08-01-2004 10:51 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.