Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How FAST is FAST? UNREAL! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/118168-how-fast-fast-unreal.html)

Emaginashun 12-10-2005 10:52 AM

How FAST is FAST? UNREAL!

Not sure what km to mph is, BUT it seems awfully fast.
SICK FAST :eek:

WeaponX 12-10-2005 10:55 AM

Re: How FAST is FAST? UNREAL!

What an idiot. :mad:

Sean H 12-10-2005 11:01 AM

299 kph = 186 mph
212 kph = 132 mph

guy is an idiot, those are the guys you like to stick your mirror over just a little (nice big superduty mirrors) when they come splitting lanes down the highway... :D

onesickpantera 12-10-2005 01:01 PM

He's an idiot? :rolleyes: Crazy as hell but obviously had some skillz. Got my blood pumping just watching it! To this day NOTHING has come close to the rush of 170+ mph on 2 wheels! :D

Jassman 12-10-2005 01:08 PM

No reguard for anyone, do this sh*t on a track or controlled environment

Sean H 12-10-2005 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by noboat
He's an idiot? :rolleyes: Crazy as hell but obviously had some skillz. Got my blood pumping just watching it! To this day NOTHING has come close to the rush of 170+ mph on 2 wheels! :D

he's still an idiot...

a 3 or 4 gear wheelie is not that impressive with todays bikes.. and swerving through traffic at 180 shows how smart he is... skills? most stunt riders i have seen and met can't even keep up with gold wings in the corners...

he's still an idiot... :D

two-air 12-10-2005 01:22 PM

Love it :evilb:

bigd1 12-10-2005 02:01 PM

That looks like ghostrider.

JCPERF 12-10-2005 02:02 PM

I think thats the Crazy Hawaiian :D

articfriends 12-10-2005 02:03 PM

That looked like the autobahn,his speedo was reading fast but he sure didn't look like he was going very fast compared to the scenary going by and the cars he was passing,Smitty

JCPERF 12-10-2005 02:10 PM

GR 2 Busa Turbo 2 is the site for 200 mph wheelies

bigd1 12-10-2005 02:12 PM

From my years living in Germany...
1km = .6mi so:

100 KPH = 60 MPH
200 KPH = 120 MPH
300 KPH = 180 MPH

Somewhere on the net is a video of a dude hitting 320+ (190+) in a Toyota or something.

bigd1 12-10-2005 02:13 PM

Yeah.. That Bursa will never need a front tire replacement since it only touches the ground when parked...

Sean H 12-10-2005 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by bigd1
From my years living in Germany...
1km = .6mi so:

100 KPH = 60 MPH
200 KPH = 120 MPH
300 KPH = 180 MPH

Somewhere on the net is a video of a dude hitting 320+ (190+) in a Toyota or something.

1 mile/hour (mph) = 1.609344 kilometer/hour

:D

The Menace 12-10-2005 02:38 PM

At 150+ mph the road stripes almost appear to be a solid white lines. Those are pretty distinct. I believe he may be doing 120 but not 180 mph.

bigd1 12-10-2005 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
1 mile/hour (mph) = 1.609344 kilometer/hour

:D

OK OK... But I'm not smart enough to do that one while driving. The difference is a couple of mph per 100kph I think.

ratman 12-10-2005 03:02 PM

To this day NOTHING has come close to the rush of 170+ mph on 2 wheels!
i'll take you for a ride in my mistress that'll pucker your sphincter...and ive been 170+ on two wheels :D

CMG 12-10-2005 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by expresscat39
At 150+ mph the road stripes almost appear to be a solid white lines. Those are pretty distinct. I believe he may be doing 120 but not 180 mph.

that depends on the width between the lines, no? I think that effect is less likely to happen on a bike, you see the line right up to your foot unlike a car. (I've done 170 on a bike and didn't go solid - come to think of it did same in a car years ago and didn't go solid either..)

Emaginashun 12-10-2005 04:01 PM

If traffic is moving at 80 or so, he might be on the mark. The tach is up there too. Still fast and insane!

The Menace 12-10-2005 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by CMG
that depends on the width between the lines, no? I think that effect is less likely to happen on a bike, you see the line right up to your foot unlike a car. (I've done 170 on a bike and didn't go solid - come to think of it did same in a car years ago and didn't go solid either..)

You are beyond stupid to hit a berm at that rate of speed. I am not buying it.

And I said they "almost appear to be a solid white line", not "are a solid line". Next time you are at that speed check out the guard rails. They look like a picket fence.

Sean H 12-10-2005 04:18 PM

what about the guy in the saab pulling the travel trailer? :eek:

Sean H 12-10-2005 04:27 PM

negative ghostrider, the pattern is full...

Indy 12-10-2005 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by blastersbro
dont knock it until you get the balls to do it.

Balls??

Sean H 12-10-2005 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Indy
Balls??

he meant to say lack of brain power.....

Emaginashun 12-10-2005 05:38 PM

Damn, just watched the Ghostrider Stockholm Run...that was 21 minutes of the most unbelievable, fastest footage video ever on a motor powered anything! MF, that guy can ride like nothing else ever!

GHOSTRIDER Stockholm Run

By the way, after watching that, I do think the other video was not the real deal (in terms of accurate speedo) - this Ghostrider looked so much faster. I'll bet he is never late to work! :D

Emaginashun 12-10-2005 06:24 PM

This is a guess, but these loud, fast moving guys probably have less accidents than the guy who rides in one lane and uses his turn signal.

Tantrum 12-10-2005 07:50 PM

I say its a photoshop.
Things look alot different ant those speeds than they do in this video.
One of the reasons I sold my CBR.

39NAS-T 12-10-2005 08:21 PM

I cant belive that all you guys think that that is dumb. I love stuff like that. My buddies and I have done some streetbike riding before and it is fun stuff. All depends on what you like. That guy knows what he is doing he is having fun.
:evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:
Hunter

articfriends 12-10-2005 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat
the first thing I thought when I saw that first video was how far off his speedo was, I have ridden fast bikes for years and I can tell you he is not going that fast.

I had a 160 mph firebird before and the blur you seen at 160 plus made that bike seem like it was crawling,the speedo is 1/3 off in my opinion,Smitty

satisfactionII 12-10-2005 09:34 PM

Way beyond me, I don't care to got that fast in anything except a jet airliner. :eek:

CMG 12-10-2005 10:14 PM

You are beyond stupid to hit a berm at that rate of speed. I am not buying it.
And I said they "almost appear to be a solid white line", not "are a solid line". Next time you are at that speed check out the guard rails. They look like a picket fence.

??????

Tantrum 12-10-2005 11:44 PM

Ive done 170 on a bike and know what you are talking about.
When you pass cars in the distance they come up so fast it looks like they go in reverse from about 200 yards out.
The other thing that I noticed is that his oil light never comes on when riding wheelies. My oil light always came on on my last CBR when you stood it up for any lenght of time.

Dont get me wrong..this guys a tool for weaving like he does, and like I said before.....I sold my street bikes :drink:

For those that say they would never ride that fast, I say most have never been on a big bore cafe bike :drink:

Sean H 12-11-2005 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jesse James
blaster no one is denying the thrill of running this fast.....just that there are certain places that are better than others.....i would prefer route 129 in the smokies or a closed coarse to do my knee dragging (well actually i just go fast in a straight line now.....going to the freddie spencer road race school after the first of the year..) not out there withthe semi's losing condensation on the roads and the old farts that cant drive and the dip sh*t on the cell phone and the guy that see's you coming and freaks out and hits his brakes and vears left or right while watching you in his mirror....but I have been faster than this guy claims he is going in the first video and he is not going as fast as the speedo reads....just look at his video and then the stockholm ghost rider video and they are both in the high 200km/h range and ghost rider is clearly coming up on and passing traffic and road side objects much faster....

read the comments below the video, that is some funny stuff.. :D

and no way he is running 185, just like shane said, watch the other million videos on the net and they are all running way faster at those speeds than that guy.. www.ghostridermovie.net

chad1 12-11-2005 01:11 AM

at 1 min 20 sec he is going 112km...same as the bus..how fast is that? he can ride.

onesickpantera 12-11-2005 10:03 AM

I agee it doesn't look like 180. I've baan at 170 on a freeway and you're passing cars like they are parked. But it was still some crazy riding!

For those of you that think he's an "idiot" then you just don't get it, and you never will. :D

onesickpantera 12-11-2005 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by ratman
i'll take you for a ride in my mistress that'll pucker your sphincter...and ive been 170+ on two wheels :D

I'm in! When? :D

JS232 12-11-2005 10:29 AM

3 words:

Strips of nails

That's one thing I like about boating, you can be bad without beeing a danger for others...

Fun fun, till a familly dies because adrenaline powertrips....

100x times more dangerous than a drunk driver...

Byrdman 12-11-2005 10:39 AM

Listen...I have heard enough here....you guys are pathetic....I murder my bike at least 1 time per week for miles it is a great way to relieve stress....all you guys saying idiots ....now the nail strip comment..killing families..worst than drunk.....pleeeeeze.....you are the same people that would do and do do 160 in cats with no canopy.....and the others would hop in the cat in a second with someone else operating.....hmmmmmm...ok...notice I said all this and still polite :rolleyes:

Emaginashun 12-11-2005 10:46 AM

I think the Ghostride in Stockholm vidoe looks as real as it gets and that guy is moving fast.

Byrdman, good, honest point.

JCPERF 12-11-2005 10:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
:evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :p :p :p