Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rough thread.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Steve_H

geeez.

when did oso become so unfriendly?
when did oso become a place to ridicule other members that have the same passion for the sport?
when did oso become a place to bash other members that have never met face to face?
if you dont have anything nice to say, then STFU.

what the hell did Travis do to piss you off? he's proud of his boat just like everyone else including the guy with the slowest/smallest boat on this site. Not a damm thing wrong with that.

its no wonder OSO is losing members with the kind of crap being spued around here.

trash talking is one thing and nothing wrong with that but some of you have step over the line!

Old 06-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I dont want to read this whole thing, but I think I get it.
1) A guy named Travis brought a boat to LOTO.
2) He revved his engines in PC without mufflers.
3) People who didn't know him were "dissing" him and his wife.
You know, I dont think I'll have sleepless nights because people liked or disliked me because of my boat. I doubt Travis would either.
I also think annonymous, personal comments about him or his wife probably says more about the posters than it does about Travis.
Does that about cover the last 16 pages?
Gary
Old 06-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rdoactive
Well, I dont want to read this whole thing, but I think I get it.
1) A guy named Travis brought a boat to LOTO.
2) He revved his engines in PC without mufflers.
3) People who didn't know him were "dissing" him and his wife.
You know, I dont think I'll have sleepless nights because people liked or disliked me because of my boat. I doubt Travis would either.
I also think annonymous, personal comments about him or his wife probably says more about the posters than it does about Travis.
Does that about cover the last 16 pages?
Gary
Don't sell the thread short. There were some very educational grammar lessons in there as well.

Seriously though, this is a little ridiculous. If any one of you randomly met each other out on the water, chances are you would get along great.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shore Thing
Don't sell the thread short. There were some very educational grammar lessons in there as well.
That's right! With my coaching I hear Travis is up for an honorary degree from Cambridge.

Yes, P Offshore, it's still going.

Too bad about the complainers (Steve H) on this thread - always dissing people.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

I wish I could rev my engines, I have to idle for 45 min to get out of duck creek, I dont have neutral so by the time I get to the idle bouys I have fouled most of my plugs and cannot rev my engines to clean the plugs.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:46 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat
I wish I could rev my engines, I have to idle for 45 min to get out of duck creek, I dont have neutral so by the time I get to the idle bouys I have fouled most of my plugs and cannot rev my engines to clean the plugs.
you mean to tell me you don't have a shiftable transmission w/1800hp? How you doin Tyson?
Old 06-22-2007, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat
Buy a wave runner to pull you out of there.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:18 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Kill this thread already.
Its the internet people. Step away for awhile and get out on the water and enjoy these things we all spend our hard earned dollars on called boats.

Ive met Travis in person a few times now and he really isnt a bad guy. Comments made online can be interperted many different ways. My first meeting with him was on the docks at our condo's. He was fueling the boat up and was blocking the dock entrance with his support vehicle. I asked him if he could move it soon so my mother-in- law could get off the dock. Not only did he say yes, He immediatly dropped what he was doing and moved it that second. He didnt have to do that, he could have finished what he was doing and then move it, Instead he didnt want to make my Mother-in-law wait to exit the dock. If the guy was half the ******* people make him out to be, I doubt he would have done that. My next meeting with him was a phone regarding some issues at the condo itself. He went out of his way to help resolve the issues. Again not something he had to do as it didnt even involve him.
The guy really is a decent stand up guy. Is his boat loud? Sure it is, but not any worse than any other boat with more than 800hp with through hull exhaust. It usually sounds worse than it is as he backs into the dock and noise resonates out of the dock. Could it use mufflers? Sure it could but then again so does my stock 496's.
back to my original point with this thread. Its easy to jump on the band wagon and go along with everyone that is bashing one guy, I just ask that ya step away from the internet for a bit and get back to the real world and realize why we are all here on this forum to begin with. Its because we all share a common interest of water and performance boats. Relax Life is too short for all this.

Quick Reply: "White Lightning" coming to LOTO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.