"White Lightning" coming to LOTO

Notices

"White Lightning" coming to LOTO

Old 12-13-2005, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: "White Lightning" coming to LOTO

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
pics, look like 2 steps to me, and if it can run over 100mph in anything at loto, first I would'nt want to be in it, because you would'nt be in it for long, and I would buy the mold personnaly because I could sell as many as I could build, alot of v owners would pay dearly to have a 40' v that could run those speeds and have their passengers be comfortable, sounds like the magic hull to me because my 50 nortech which is 52' long 18,000 lbs is a handful at 100mph in the worst of it on a busy weekend around the bridge,
We have already spoken regarding a boat with a similar hull and similar rigging. The White Lightning boat by Legend did not have steps and for rough water steps don't work. Steps are merely a marketing gimmick.
Where is Stinson on this subject?
Old 12-13-2005, 10:25 PM
Registered

This boat has Merc 1000sc's on a full stagger, #6's with extension boxes and was rigged like a 747.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did somebody say 8 footers and it plowed thru them hauling butt. I would of loved to see that, might see 3-4 footers at most at loto just in a swirl of directions. sounds like it will ride like a cadilac at loto. If it handles 8 footers why does'nt someone buy the mold and they would make a fortune, dont know of any 40' v's that can haul ass in 8 footers .
I guess you've never seen the video of Warpath (I think) bask in the 80's absolutely killing it in at least 8' seas. That was a 41' Apache with Ben Kramer and Bob S. running the throttles......
Old 12-13-2005, 10:47 PM
Registered

Kilo records have destroyed performance boat design!
Old 12-13-2005, 11:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jesse James
The boat is a straight bottom as mentioned before and it is the paint job playing tricks......(very clever) and I know what you mean abouth the nor-tech 50 v being a handfull, I have ridden in terbrocks old one several times........Jim if you get a chance give the new owner some seat time and take him up on a offer for a ride you will be amazed......and it will chew up LOTO on saturday.......but if that's the ticket you should work out a deal with saber and try to sell there boats at loto same boat I believe the guy who built it either widened the strakes or possibly extended the strakes and other than that it was alll 41 apache......the mold does exist so do some looking.......If memory serves I think someone from tou store said the mold was sold to a company in the north east...posibly activator or bad boy? and they added steps.....you may also want to call Nauti Kitty from the board he owns the 47 apach mold from what I hear......maybe you could get him or saber to rent the molds to Skater/MTI/or Outerlimits to build some ultra light weight boats for you.....or ever just take a ride in a sabre.....I have been in Wicked Won (41 Sabre with 1100 sterlings) and Leopjm's 41 with trip 800 sc's and either boat could run the channel at hight 90 to 100 mph with no trouble....I know it is hard to believe but it will do it......
I have the 41 mold that Cigar had but have removed the step insert. I can build one to customers specs from laminates to power.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I spoke to one of the builders of White Lightning and he told me it was made from a streatched top gun mold. He didn't say if it's still around.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A 41 Apache is a stretched Top Gun anyway isn't it?
Old 12-14-2005, 07:27 AM
Registered

So who bought it???
Old 12-14-2005, 07:35 AM
Banned

Jesse, I would be happy to check out the new white lightning, It sounds like the perfect loto v bottom. There seems to be alot of people who know it can handle rough water. I get so many calls from people looking for a boat that can handle that washing machine chop. If someone has info on who has this magic hull mold let me know, I seriously could sell 3-4 right now to customers I know right now if I could get them something like this with warrantied power for a fair price. thanks alot jim
Old 12-14-2005, 08:22 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile Re: "White Lightning" coming to LOTO

Jesse, I would be happy to check out the new white lightning, It sounds like the perfect loto v bottom. There seems to be alot of people who know it can handle rough water. I get so many calls from people looking for a boat that can handle that washing machine chop. If someone has info on who has this magic hull mold let me know, I seriously could sell 3-4 right now to customers I know right now if I could get them something like this with warrantied power for a fair price. thanks alot jim
Just take any 41' Apache and use it as a plug for your new mold! Change the strakes just a little and cut down the top of the hull a little. Leave off the rub-rail and lay the boat up in space age laminates. Rig the boat to nearly aircraft standards and "Voila", you have created "White Lightning"!

Where did someone get the idea that this boat has a 7' beam? Nonsense, it's a full 8' beam, just like a TopGun.

Quick Reply: "White Lightning" coming to LOTO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.