Notices

FL to NY empty truck

Old 12-20-2005, 09:14 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: FL to NY empty truck

You don't get it, I don't hate you, again you could be the nicest guy. All that I am saying is that if you have a wreck the boat owner is screwed. As for the fools that work for me, I just sold a business that was 28 large 10 car haulers that traveled around the country. I would say that I have a pretty good idea of what the rules are and how to help a customer the right way. I do the boats as a fun thing to get out of southern california and see my friends in miami and new york. I have been towing my own boats since the mid 1970's and Like you say treat other peoples boats like my own. Since you are such a good hauler try towing a 46 skater that is 12.2 wide down a highway with k rail on both sides. Oh I forgot you said you use a f-150 ford. A large boat would rip the back of your truck off.

As for your friend you must have put an extrmely large deposit down on your nortech cause even with large motors and drives you can buy them at a fairly normal price.

Look to both of you, go boating and have a great time, Like I said earlier everything is cool until you wreck a boat and the owner has to pay for his own damage because your insurance company says have a nice day. Then the boat owner goes on OSO and says that all boat haulers are slime buckets cause he got f ked on his damage.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

bgchuby01, there's merit in everything you say, and I agree. If I needed someone to tow a large, expensive boat for me, I too would choose the insured, licensed, experienced hauler - as I have in the past.

BUT!...There are some smaller hauls needing to be done on occasion: a small project boat, cargo trailer, jetski, generator, etc., that someone might need shipped from point A to point B. It happens all the time. It's nice to see folks offering a truck when traveling empty. I don't think he was expecting someone to ask him to tow a 46 skater.

I would hate to see this valuable exchange become discouraged on this site. Sometimes, you don't NEED a $2.00/mile professional. I've moved things for people by posting on here, and a lot of others have too. It's simple generosity.

No disrespect meant, just my $0.02
Old 12-20-2005, 10:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
you could be the nicest guy
That's another story.

Just Kiddin' Jason.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree nick, the last boat I hauled was probobly worth 4-5k, now why would some one spend 2,000 to haul that?
Old 12-20-2005, 02:18 PM
Banned

I also agree if the boat is cheap insurance is not an issue. If the boat is over 50,000 than you create a problem in a wreck.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok here is the deal, I also don't want to be responsible for expensive items, so why don't we do this. you leave me alone when I post these things and if I get anything of great value, I will refer them to you.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Anyone seen my uninsured transporter lately??? I'm thinking about a reward to get a hold of this uninsured P.O.S.. Silver Dodge Dually out of Sarasota.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:14 PM
Banned

are you kidding or are you really not getting ahold of him