Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Exhaust for blower motors question....... >

Exhaust for blower motors question.......

Notices

Exhaust for blower motors question.......

Old 01-30-2002, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P.S. Don't even say used !!!! The 1K or so you might think you saved will prob cost you alot more later on.....
Old 01-30-2002, 10:46 PM
Registered

Trout----- sssshhhhhhhh, only 89dcb's....sir.
Old 01-30-2002, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

Funny ( cheap ) I have heard a lot more cracking going on on CMI's (why do they call them the cracking headers?)CMI's have had a lot of problems over the years.
Old 01-31-2002, 09:58 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts
I'll say that my (FUGLY) KE Headers have been running in SALT water for 4+ years now and have not had a single problem, other than they are LOAD! I installed Shotgun III's last year and that seems to help, takes the edge off, BUT as far as how they stack up against Stainless Steel WELDED headers, GILS, IMCO, etc., KE's make the MOST horsepower, have a 2 year WARRENTY, and are available in MANY NON-FUGLY colors. Ask Innovation what header they recommend. IMHO, I think they are the best designed headers out there! There is NO water passage/gasket between the manifold and the collector to go bad and leak!
My H2O mixes with my exhaust just before the tip as it exits the transom. In Fact, I have a custom set of dry pipes, with dual H20 dumps if anyone is looking to running a set of KE's DRY!
I was @ KE's shop awhile back, and he had hundreds of sets there, all different colors, mine are the stock black finish.

Tank, if you boat in salt water, I would look seriously @ the KE Header. If you are interested, I can get you a good $$ on them, thru my buddy @ Marine Performance.
MD
Old 01-31-2002, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 3,022 Likes on 989 Posts
OK OK , you guys have given me all kinds of ideas and now basicaly I don't know what the hell to get!!

Scooter, I have a 97 24 (26! ) outlaw sst purple and white graphics. I'm waiting for those pics bro.

c-spray,

I may just look into the KE headers. They sound good.....But expensive!! I didn't want to spend that much on exhuast for now. 10g's for the motor rebuild is a little rough on the wallet.

Dave,

I hear ya about the headers and that's why I wasn't really interested. But now I may have changed my mind. Who knows I'll just have to wait and see what all I find out.

IS-7,

think you can send me a pic thats a jpeg and not a zip. I can't open zips.

Jeff,

Annother choice. However I origianlly wanted to buy a good set of used, not new. But now it seems I will be looking into new also.

Jerry,

Nice pics. that's really the style I want to go with. But no silent choice, just straight pipes. I could care less about noise restraints!! If I'm not running in the ocean then I'm running at havasu. Neither have any noise restraints.

Dean,

Like I said before, now you guys have me thinking. The KE's sound good. What's up with the dry stacks I heard they run way to hot and can burn around the transom. They do sound bad ass though! I'll will look into the KE's how much do you think I can get a set for? I have a buddy that has a pair of Stellings for 2k brand new in the box. They are a few years old though, but never used. I'm just still not sure about headers.

Thanks you guys for all the help.

Tank
Old 01-31-2002, 02:40 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts
Tank,
The dry stacks are still water jacketed that have a small water exit/drain hole, on the outside water jacket. It is located at the end of the tail pipe, and drains out side of the transom.
Call John Cosker @ Marine Performance in Port Orange Fl. (386)-760-6464 and tell him that "Mean Dean" sent you. He can quote you direct. Yes, the KE's are more expensive, but I feel that the extra $$ is worth the performance gain, and the foundry cast toughness that holds up well in the Ocean!
I know that they are not the "Eye Candy" that polished CMI/Stellings are, but then again, I'm more of functional guy anyway, being an "Enginerd", as my oldest girl calls me!
MD
Old 01-31-2002, 04:57 PM
Registered

Right on Dean, thanks. How much do you want for those dry stacks by the way?? I do like them alot

Tank

P.s.

do those dry stacks you have only fit KE's??

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: thisistank ]
Old 01-31-2002, 06:09 PM
bdnw8450

tank check your mail for photos

Old 01-31-2002, 06:14 PM
Registered

IS-7, check your mail. I got the pics but they were unable to display. Can you send them as an attachment? Thanks for the help. sorry my computer sucks!

Tank
Old 01-31-2002, 06:15 PM
Registered

Tank-

It's not the computer...............

Quick Reply: Exhaust for blower motors question.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.