Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ez pass fast lane WATCH OUT (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/119069-ez-pass-fast-lane-watch-out.html)

Audiofn 12-24-2005 10:25 PM

Ez pass fast lane WATCH OUT

For years you could trailer with your ez pass and not get charged for the trailer. NOT ANY MORE!! I am not sure if this means that you no longer have to call them up to make changes when towing or not. Also be aware that if you have roof racks on your truck and or car that they are saying that these trick the sensors into thinking that you have a trailer behind you :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

R Addiction 12-25-2005 12:37 AM

Re: Ez pass fast lane WATCH OUT

Hey Jon.......................Thanks!!! :D

klaw 12-25-2005 07:36 AM

don.t laugh at me but with the states now using photo radar and sending you a ticket in the mail I would suspect in the fast lanes they can also clock how fast you are going use the IPASS to know who you are and..................

OldSchool 12-25-2005 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by klaw
don.t laugh at me but with the states now using photo radar and sending you a ticket in the mail I would suspect in the fast lanes they can also clock how fast you are going use the IPASS to know who you are and..................

Yep, I know someone (who shall remain nameless :cool: ) who got a letter in the mail asking them to not tow a trailer through the ezpass lanes going 67 mph. :eek: :drink:

Strip Poker 388 12-25-2005 07:49 AM

We dont have problems like that in Mississippi.We just got stop lights last year :rolleyes:

outriggers 12-25-2005 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Audiofn
For years you could trailer with your ez pass and not get charged for the trailer. NOT ANY MORE!! I am not sure if this means that you no longer have to call them up to make changes when towing or not. Also be aware that if you have roof racks on your truck and or car that they are saying that these trick the sensors into thinking that you have a trailer behind you :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jon, Is there a story that goes with this? What changed? Doug

OldSchool 12-25-2005 07:55 AM

I just towed my boat from VA to NY about 3 weeks ago. The first 3 tow booths that I came to, I stopped and asked if there was an additional charge and they just waved me on and said no. After that I didn't even slow down. :D :evilb: :evilb:

I always roll through the Chesapeake Bay Brigde and it shows up on my statement as just a car. :cool:

Do they have a website?

Audiofn 12-25-2005 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by outriggers
Jon, Is there a story that goes with this? What changed? Doug

Nope no story YET. I just saw a new artical on it last night. I know that I have always thought it was one of those things that they were going to work out but had not yet. Well I guess that they have figured out a way to do it..... ALMOST :(

As for the speeding tickets with Fast lane. I have heard that also but I highly doubt that they will start to do that. This is a way for the state to save a TON of money. If they started to do that you would see a lot of people hand them back in I would think. Secondly you go through tolls so fast that you can actually drive slower and arrive at the same time. I have had people blow past me and then I go past them as they waite in the toll lines. I never see them again. NY is the only state that you can register your dually as a car so I got mine there. It saves me HUGE on tolls. In Maine with out the fast lane it is 4.40 for me to go through, with it only 1.75 each time. Can you say LOOP HOLE :evilb: :evilb:

I think that their website is www.ezpass.com and you just pick your state?

Jon

mopower 12-25-2005 09:11 AM

I've beat the NJTP and GW bridge in NY while towing. The Delaware Memorial Bridge is a differemt story . My SRW F350 is normally $3.00 toll , with tandem axle trailer $6.00. Twice , for some reason they charged me $12.00. I fought it and got a refund.

waybomb 12-25-2005 09:46 AM

Think about it - 5 toll booths through Illinois. I80 to Wisconsin. They know exactly what time you go through the booths and how far apart they are. NOBODY does anything les than 10 over on 294 when there's no traffic. If you ain't doing 75, you are getting run over!
Gotta wonder when they'll start issuing tickets through the system? Probably when they have a big budget shortfall.