Poker Runs America Responds to EBM Article

Notices

Poker Runs America Responds to EBM Article

Old 01-14-2006, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Re: Poker Runs America Responds to EBM Article

Originally Posted by rbtnt
Article about Kentucky Lake Poker Run talks about "XXXX, earned the King of the River trophy and bragging rights by being the first boat to cross under the Eggners Ferry Bridge, making the end of the first leg of the run". Several pictures of boats with riders not wearing jackets.
rbtnt,

with all due respect and for your info, the Ky. Lake Poker Run is not a PRA sanctioned event, although we are considering it. If and when we do join, the "King of the River trophy" will be dropped from the format. I'm puzzled why you felt the need to single our run out when you know little or nothing about it, how its policed, that only 7 Boats out of the 72 that entered, were in the 75mph and above class on a flat water lake thats 2 miles wide? I'll be happy to address any concern's you have with our run.

respectfully, Mitch
Old 01-14-2006, 09:32 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Poker Runs America Responds to EBM Article

We all know that PRA puts on good poker runs. The one thing I am not sure of, and I have not dug out the EBM article to find out, is that the article singled out Poker Runs America runs. Maybe Ron should've had a side bar that said the put on a good and reasonable safe run. But that would've been kind of like giving the competions Mag a plug.

Not all runs are run as safe as PRA runs. I hope that magazine articles like these will correct this, with out sending the costs of poker runs to levels that most of us won't pay.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:32 AM
RHC
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mitch,, you were much nicer in your reply than I would have been!!
The people who reply with those kind of answers (rbtnt) are usually the ones who do not have a clue about poker runs,,,
We can take anything out of context for arguments sake, and to often people like that will make derogatory remarks because they think they are cute and smart.

The good thing is that all events are different,, some big lakes some small,,, some ocean and some rivers. some are $50. entry and some are $1000. entry for a days fun... This will never change and the people who enjoy these moments in time will not stop doing it because of a few naysayers!!

Thank goodness for our Freedoms!!!

RHC
Old 01-14-2006, 09:52 AM
RHC
Registered

and ,, while I am on my soapbox this am,,,

Why is it that most people want to tell me how to go boating ,, I dont care about your opinion of what is safe and what is not ,,, The Coast Guard and The Local police have already given me the rules,,, I dont care what you do on the Colorado river, Lake Hav ,, Loto, Lake Winni etc.. I boat where I boat and your rules should not effect me!! Stay out of my playground with your silly rules If I do something stupid with my boat ,, then ,, I will have to pay the price!! end of rant!!

RHC
Old 01-14-2006, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RHC
and ,, while I am on my soapbox this am,,,

Why is it that most people want to tell me how to go boating ,, I dont care about your opinion of what is safe and what is not ,,, The Coast Guard and The Local police have already given me the rules,,, I dont care what you do on the Colorado river, Lake Hav ,, Loto, Lake Winni etc.. I boat where I boat and your rules should not effect me!! Stay out of my playground with your silly rules If I do something stupid with my boat ,, then ,, I will have to pay the price!! end of rant!!

RHC
Damn Rog !...Having a little trouble with that bowel movement this AM ?
Dont think I have ever seen roger wound up on here

The funny thing about RBTNTs post is he is a dedicated Poker Runner. And loves it as much as any of us do...His post suprised me ?
Old 01-14-2006, 10:15 AM
RHC
Registered

Yes,, I do see the concern,,, The concern is being discussed by people who are not involved with Poker Runs,,, uneducated people in the field that they are talking about ,,, If you want to be a Racer then,,, go race,, if you want to hang out at the beach ,,, then go ,,, I just don't like being told how to be safe by people who have not been there!! and Yes,, I have been upside down in the Ocean!! Its a privilege to own a Powerboat and I have paid the price to get there,,, I just don't want a group of uneducated ,,wanna-be's to make rules that don't apply to my conditions and circumstances !! any time a writer takes things out of context , he,, can make any point he wants!! I just want to keep this thought process real!!!

RHC
Old 01-14-2006, 10:18 AM
RHC
Registered

Yep Birdog,, a little extra caffine this am,, ,, I just dont want to see nationwide "rules" that effect our boating days,,

Look forward to seein ya this summer ,,,

RHC
Old 01-14-2006, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RHC
Yes,, I do see the concern,,, The concern is being discussed by people who are not involved with Poker Runs,,, uneducated people in the field that they are talking about ,,, If you want to be a Racer then,,, go race,, if you want to hang out at the beach ,,, then go ,,, I just don't like being told how to be safe by people who have not been there!! and Yes,, I have been upside down in the Ocean!! Its a privilege to own a Powerboat and I have paid the price to get there,,, I just don't want a group of uneducated ,,wanna-be's to make rules that don't apply to my conditions and circumstances !! any time a writer takes things out of context , he,, can make any point he wants!! I just want to keep this thought process real!!!

RHC

Well Said !...........Summer for sure Roger