Notices

Chief....What happened?

Old 01-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Chief....What happened?

Ok just to clear things up from my stand point, since many are referring to my involvement which Chief Powerboats and the postings I was so involved with at the start

These are the facts

1) I have NOT been involved with Chief Powerboats for a few months now. I was heavily involved at the start
2) Active Thunder and Chief Powerboats are no longer a joint entity. The initial directions was to function jointly at the time, the company was promoted this way, but is no longer working as a joint proposition. There was not enough benefit to either group to continue (just a business decision don’t read anything into it)
3) Active Thunder is alive and continuing to do well. Pat has a new 33’ coming out replacing the 32’ and he is still building his line of 28’, , and 37’ boats. I can tell you first hand these are great boats, and they handle incredible
4) I believe Chief is still an operational boat company, (Last I heard) and the 42' will soon be seen on the water (By the way this is one hell of a boat)
5) As far as how this boat was hyped - Promotion is PROMOTING, and it is designed to build interest and a bit of hype. The promotion of Chief Powerboats was done with the intention of generating interest (apparently that has worked well) this does not necessarily mean it will, or will not, be successful. This just means the intentions were out there, and the ground work was set, to build momentum. I can assure you the boat itself is real and is unbelievable.

Let’s all sit back and wait and see what is next. If Chief succeeds then we will have one more great boat line to enjoy in the offshore community. If they fail we still have many other choices of great performance boats to look at, drool over. And hopefully, if we are lucky we will own one of the great boats that we all obsess over.

Relax, when the time comes I am sure you all will get answers to your questions. Until then there are lots of other boats to enjoy, and let’s not fuel speculation on things no one knows for sure

Marc

Last edited by boatme; 01-04-2006 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Marc, thanks you response was classy and well put, sorry but alot of us have been curious. I am sure all of us wish success to both companies
Old 01-04-2006, 02:01 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TRICK
OK.....I guess I was just confused by GOODT's post.
Either his post, or Sydwayzs' post, or Marcs' post, or all the above.
So, What's a 33 Chief look like?
Old 01-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordo
Either his post, or Sydwayzs' post, or Marcs' post, or all the above.
So, What's a 33 Chief look like?
Call Pat up, or stop by, should be ready by Miami. BTW Its a A.T. not Chief.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

From Sydwayz;
There is no merger between Active Thunder and Chief. It was and is a marketing marriage. Plain and simple: If you want a 28/33/37/42/47 (47 still under development) foot boat built with a quality hull and some Bobby Saccenti influence and craftsmanship; you get ahold of Bobby & Chief Powerboats.
Just trying to make sure I've got it right...
Old 01-04-2006, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gordo, always 2 sides to every story
Old 01-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks for the feedback/update Marc.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:40 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Marc.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 01-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you 10X

You are absolutely correct. We will be hearing from Scott in the very near future. As you all know “The NEW 42’ CHIEF” was rigged at Marine Performance in Daytona Florida. As soon as John finished up all the wrenching, it’s off to the water we went. John’s crew and myself started the testing procedure like any other proto type project requires. We played with spacers and propellers to get the best performance as possible. The bottom line is the largest set of propellers we had where 17 ˝” X 34” unfortunately they did not do the job. Since then we ordered a set of 18” X 35” (4) blades (Man!!! do I miss Lake X in Kissimmee Fl.) that should be the right propeller for the Chief. We are expecting to be in the low one hundreds with a solid ride using a pair of mild 950 SC Tommy Chief Engines…

Now with the testing ALMOST complete and we are waiting on our new propellers. Its time to complete the cabin and cockpit interior. The Chief ‘s interior also had to be prototyped by Mike Mears at Fine Line in Miami and is just about completed.

The Chief will be back at Marine Performance next week for the finale adjustments and last prop test. All follow OSO members who are in the area are welcome to stop by and take a look at the New Chief…

I know we been very quit about the Chief project. But the facts are there are a lot of people everyday behind the scenes working very hard to make sure that the finale product is Perfect, Fast, and Safe…

Thank You
Bobby Saccenti
Old 01-04-2006, 04:29 PM
Registered

Hi Bobby!!!! Happy New Year!

Quick Reply: Chief....What happened?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.