Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Chief....What happened? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/119612-chief-what-happened.html)

Too Old 01-04-2006 09:12 PM

Re: Chief....What happened?

Originally Posted by buck183
Here's a question from the outside looking in. Keep in mind I have zero knowledge of any details on this topic other than what I've read here on OSO.

If there was a business decision made to seperate the two companies I can understand that. The reasons behind this decision don't have to be public. Fair enough. But why not make an announcement of this decision here on OSO like we did when the merger came about? Wouldn't this eliminate speculation and negative comments on threads like this from happening? If it was OK to make an announcement when the merget happen wouldn't it be OK to make one stating otherwise?

Just a thought.....

Buck

I often see engagement or marriage announcements in the society pages of the newspapers.

Rarely do I see divorce announcements. Whatever the reason.;)

buck183 01-04-2006 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by TRICK
I often see engagement or marriage announcements in the society pages of the newspapers.

Rarely do I see divorce announcements. Whatever the reason.;)

LOL. I actually thought of that same scenerio when typing out my question Fred.

BUT, I do see MANY people that are getting divorced put a public announcement in the paper letting people know of the seperation. There are many financial and legal advantages for each party by doing this. ;)

Side out, your serve. :D

Buck

offshoredrillin 01-04-2006 09:21 PM

I've read through all of it, Marc and I have talked, he told me he wasn't involved anymore, I didnt ask for a reason he didnt offer it. I guess what it boils down to is does it really matter? I think Fred summed it up pretty well, if someone wants a Cheif brand boat they can buy it, if someone wants an AT they can buy it... congrats to both parties for forging ahead and testing the mold of what is available. We all know that in time history will repeat itself, I for one would consider a 47 with Mr Saccenti's knowledge and blessing and obviously from the continuation of the AT forum, Pat is doing something right..keep at it, be the thinkers and the doers....

Too Old 01-04-2006 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by buck183
LOL. I actually thought of that same scenerio when typing out my question Fred.

BUT, I do see MANY people that are getting divorced put a public announcement in the paper letting people know of the seperation. There are many financial and legal advantages for each party by doing this. ;)

Side out, your serve. :D

Buck

I give Buck......

You're right. I see them all the time in the "legal classifieds". :drink:

10x 01-04-2006 10:45 PM

Thanks for the update, Bobby. We wish you, Scott, and the whole crew, the happiest and most prosperous new year yet. :D
I know this will be one bad azz ride when it's totally finished. :evilb: If there's one available come july, I hope we can talk you and Scotty to bring it up to lake Michigan for our clubs Chicago poker run. :evilb:

Keep up the good work, and we'll all be waitin to hear the final results. :drink:

Jassman 01-05-2006 04:55 AM

read between the lines :rolleyes:

bryanspeedracer 01-05-2006 01:18 PM

Best of luck to Chief.