Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   who stores there boat at home and outside. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/119640-who-stores-there-boat-home-outside.html)

yesrej 01-05-2006 09:06 PM

Re: who stores there boat at home and outside.

i need to move

tl30outlaw 01-05-2006 09:42 PM

I keep my 30 outlaw in a heated garage. It allows me time to tinker when I feel the need.

velocity280 01-06-2006 08:07 AM

Snow, what's that?

docmanrich37 01-06-2006 08:24 AM

Keep mine in my shop where it's warm.$UMTHING$ doesn't like the cold weather.Plus able to wax it and other things when it's cold outside.

Panther 01-06-2006 08:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by yesrej
i still like being able to get in it whenever i want. like others said, every winter there is all ways something to do to it.

Not a problem, you can do whatever you want with Shrinkwrap. I put a door in mine every year.

Last year, I raised the engine hatch all the way and put 3 poles down the center. I had 7 ft. headroom to work on the cockpit and dash board and the engine room was wide open to work in, I called it Ft. Apache. :D

Garages are nice, wish I had one! Poly tarps look like hell and flop around in the wind all winter and chafe the side of the boat.

DMAX 01-06-2006 04:23 PM

We get the bbq fired up,have some laughs, 12hrs. and a few beverages later, 3 or 4 Formulas, 33 foot ta 38' are wrapped up tight for a long north east winters nap. My boat mechanic buddy gets all the stuff. It takes a whole saturday, but for under $150. for a shrink wrapped boat its worth it.

RollWithIt 01-06-2006 08:21 PM

Ive kept mine both inside, climate controlled, and outside. Currently it is outside under a full cover. I've used canvas with it also. But the canvas will not breath like the full cover. I really need a shed or fixed roof. I keep the snow off of it cause I dont like the melting snow to saturate the cover and let moisture through.

yesrej 01-06-2006 10:16 PM

well im glad there are more of you like me thats out there cleaning it off when it snows.

wwwTOPDJcom 01-06-2006 10:29 PM

indoor heated to 55 :D

Scott B 01-07-2006 06:57 AM

If I ever go outside and find my boat covered in snow, I'm stocking up on ziplocks....