Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   NH House Bill 162 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/119714-nh-house-bill-162-a.html)

Audiofn 01-14-2006 12:01 AM

Re: NH House Bill 162

Originally Posted by stecz20
did you know this before you bought your house on the lake?

I do not have a house on this lake. Mine is up in Maine. I like to go to Winni however so this does effect me. The other thing that I am worried about is that people from Winni are starting to move to Maine instead so this is going to hit us soon IMO.

Jon

stecz20 01-14-2006 12:04 AM

i see... only one thing to do... buy up all the lake front lots... you must have 500hp or better to own.... :evilb: :evilb:

Audiofn 01-14-2006 12:07 AM

You on your way up with the war chest full of money? :drink: :drink:

stecz20 01-14-2006 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Audiofn
You on your way up with the war chest full of money? :drink: :drink:

ill ask the e dock guys for a loan... they got dough...

Formula Outlaw 01-14-2006 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Audiofn
I do not have a house on this lake. Mine is up in Maine. I like to go to Winni however so this does effect me. The other thing that I am worried about is that people from Winni are starting to move to Maine instead so this is going to hit us soon IMO.

Jon

After living in Maine for 18 years, I don't think the "Mainers" will roll over quite so easily. They don't like people screwing around with their way of life, AT ALL.... :drink: Portland, of course, is the exception.

CMG 01-18-2006 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Oh Deere
It goes before the house on the 18th.

Todays the day but according to the Citizen the vote may be delayed until February 1st if they don't get to it today. It is last on the list.

Audiofn 01-18-2006 12:54 PM

No idea. I just hope that they get to it and vote so that we can know what the fate is.

Jon

damdonzi 01-18-2006 01:29 PM

Would we know the results today if it was voted on today?

Audiofn 01-18-2006 01:32 PM

I would think so. They only have to tally that should not take long at all. Even if they do it the old school manual way.

Jon

Oh Deere 01-18-2006 01:45 PM

Just left message for our man who is at the State House today. Hopefully he will update me soon.

I called my reps again last night and they indicated that the only calls they were getting were in favor.

It is sad if a vociferous minority can force those who either dont see an issue with or who are against the HB 162 to defend themselves. The burden should be upon the supporters to prove the need, shich clearly has not been met. If this gets by, we have a real problem with politics in the State of New Hampshire.

Property on Lake Champlain just may look better than ever!