Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   NH House Bill 162 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/119714-nh-house-bill-162-a.html)

Audiofn 01-04-2006 09:32 PM

NH House Bill 162

People I just read something this evening that is VERY upsetting to me. It is bad enough that we may loose our ability to run on the lakes. I just read this evening that House Bill 162 INCLUDES the coastline!!! That means that you will not be able to travel over 45 out in the ocean!! This bill HAS to be stopped some how. The people that are for it tell us to go to the ocean to run fast but I guess that is not going to be possible either is it!!! :mad: :mad:

Formula Outlaw 01-04-2006 09:39 PM

Re: NH House Bill 162

Couple of years back some county down here wanted to impose a speed limit on the ocean, something like for a mile out or something like that. Can't remember the exact facts but I do remember that it was decreed, by a Federal Judge I think, that a state has no jurisdiction to impose a speed limit on the open ocean.

I can't ever remember, except during races, seeing any law enforcement out there except USCG. All the Sheriff's, Marine Patrol, City Police, etc. basically stop at the bridges going out the channels to open water.

Someone up there might want to check on that.

Good luck guys, your nightmare keeps getting worse.

pm203 01-04-2006 10:28 PM

Winnfabs,
If you are reading this, you know you do not belong here. Call 1-800-Propoganda to get all the help you need to spread your lies and misconceptions. Unfortunately for you, HB162 will not work,whether it passes or not. Please use the lake for what it is, an exciting, busy(on weekends), family oriented, beautiful lake for ALL to enjoy.

Audiofn 01-04-2006 10:41 PM

NH has a VERY short coast line. What are they going to do for boaters from Mass and Maine or other states. There are no signs on the water for people to know that there is a speed limit like on the highways. Does anyone know were the Federal waterways start?

Jon

Audiofn 01-04-2006 10:52 PM

I just looked and it is 3 miles.....

jaybird 01-05-2006 07:24 AM

Is Boat US involved ? Don't they fight for boater's rights?

Formula Outlaw 01-05-2006 07:39 AM

I'd be downright amazed if the NH Marine Patrol would even attempt to enforce a speed limit on the Atlantic.

Just as face value, those whiners have outdone themselves by even suggesting that. Seeing as the head of the Marine Patrol testified it would be difficult enough to enforce on Lake Winni, can you imagine the nightmare of trying to control Lake Winni AND the Atlantic Ocean??????

I agree that supporting the "reasonable and prudent" speed limit might just be the best way out of this nightmare. Good luck.

CAP071 01-05-2006 07:56 AM

I can tell you at My USCG Station, We have No Radar/Speed Guns or Noise meters. We only Pull boats over with HOT BABES on them to do Safety Checks :D

DoTheMath 01-05-2006 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by pm203
Winnfabs,
If you are reading this, you know you do not belong here. Call 1-800-Propoganda to get all the help you need to spread your lies and misconceptions. Unfortunately for you, HB162 will not work,whether it passes or not. Please use the lake for what it is, an exciting, busy(on weekends), family oriented, beautiful lake for ALL to enjoy.

I have to agree, even if by some long-shot it does pass, they will never be able to successfully enforce it on the lakes, never mind the ocean! I am all for getting this bill knocked-down, no question - the propaganda has to stop, they are spewing a bunch of lies and the bureaucrats are believing them. :mad: One Saturday or Sunday on the water over the summer for some of the law-makers, instead of just reading about it from behind their desks, is all it would take for them to see that speed is the LEAST of their problems / worries up there.

Tazz 01-05-2006 09:02 AM

Those tree-hugging liberals in NH have to be stopped ! They also have a 45mph speed limit on snowmobilers. The people have to come forward and stick up for themselves. "Live free or Die" ya right...

Audiofn 01-05-2006 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by DoTheMath
I have to agree, even if by some long-shot it does pass, they will never be able to successfully enforce it on the lakes, never mind the ocean! I am all for getting this bill knocked-down, no question - the propaganda has to stop, they are spewing a bunch of lies and the bureaucrats are believing them. :mad: One Saturday or Sunday on the water over the summer for some of the law-makers, instead of just reading about it from behind their desks, is all it would take for them to see that speed is the LEAST of their problems / worries up there.

Dude the fact that it has gone this far should have us all VERY worried. This IS going to pass it is just a matter of what the rules are going to be.....

Jon

pm203 01-05-2006 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Dude the fact that it has gone this far should have us all VERY worried. This IS going to pass it is just a matter of what the rules are going to be.....

Jon

Audiofn
There is a a good chance it will be shot down and a very good chance it will be amended. That is why it is important to keep up the fight....The majority of people do NOT want it. The small minority of people who do support HB162 want you to believe they are the majority.They are not.

DoTheMath 01-05-2006 03:22 PM

Jon

Yeah - I hear ya brotha' - we just need to think positive and do whatever we can to support the abolishment of these bills to prevent them from becoming law.

Audiofn 01-05-2006 07:42 PM

I hear you guys. I was just FLOORED when I read that it included the ocean. I can be from Gloucester to NH in about 15 min easy. Scarry to think that I could get a ticket once I cross some line that I have no idea were it is exactly...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey DTM how is the little rug rat? Hope all is well. Cuz of people like you Pam is working me over!!!!! :p :p :p :drink:

pm203 01-05-2006 08:19 PM

I really dont think the coastal marine patrol would take this law seriously.They are smart enough to figure out who the crybabies are and how foolish HB162 is. If it is barely enforceable on the lake ,the ocean would be impossible and unprobable.

AIR TIME 01-05-2006 09:30 PM

WOW that would suck but it would take you ten minutes to go throught NH to maine JON JUST STAY 3 MILES AND TEN FT OVER THE LINE :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I got to go dogs barking he wants to sit on my lap WHILE i AM ON HERE AND I AM IN MY UNDER WEAR :eek: SOOOO THATS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN GOOD NIGHT ALL!!! PS just kidding :p

CAP071 01-05-2006 09:31 PM

Stroke your puppy :chimp: :chick: :bunny:

Audiofn 01-05-2006 09:37 PM

PM I hear ya but it is just one more thing to worry about. Add to that Winni and it is a major bummer no matter how you cut it.
Not sure how I feel about Winni as the last time I was there people were not happy with me and I was only in my 18 Donzi. My friends went there with a Cig and people were flipping them off. These are two of the nicest guys that you have ever met and people are flipping them off just because of what kind of boat they drive :mad: :mad:

pm203 01-05-2006 10:01 PM

There are always the jealous types. I get alot more friendly waves than smirks. Alot of people take photos/videos and are generally happy to see a nicely painted Cigarette style boat, especially the kids. The people that smirk are usually the low-lifes riding in some sort of heap of a boat or just plain morons who are jealous or just dont know any better. Overall, I would say it is a very friendly place to boat. Give it another try.

P.S. Its like driving a nice Ferrari or Porsche down the street.The majority of people are going to look and give you thumbs up and a few, very few, will look at you in disgust for whatever reason.

aTX427 01-06-2006 09:23 PM

What happened to "live free or die"?

CAP071 01-06-2006 09:25 PM

Ask the people we voted for over the past 100 years or so ? :mad:

Bad Ass TA WS6 01-06-2006 10:14 PM

I can tell you this much. I'll be out on Lake Winni, and Sunapee doing 60-70MPH all day long. No stopping, just a quick flick of my middle finger.

I'm so sick of this crap. I've got a buddy that's a state rep. and in the transportation department. He says he doesn't think it has a chance of passing.

Either way, I don't, and won't support it. It's gone too far.
Live Free or die my ass.

GLH 01-06-2006 10:28 PM

Unenforcable as usual... Spinless twits in legislation are just making the Dems happy.

Formula Outlaw 01-07-2006 07:12 AM

PM I hear ya but it is just one more thing to worry about. Add to that Winni and it is a major bummer no matter how you cut it.
Not sure how I feel about Winni as the last time I was there people were not happy with me and I was only in my 18 Donzi. My friends went there with a Cig and people were flipping them off. These are two of the nicest guys that you have ever met and people are flipping them off just because of what kind of boat they drive :mad: :mad:

I'd make up a good sized sign and keep it on the cockpit floor that said "EAT YOUR HEART OUT DICKHEAD" and just raise it at those azzholes everytime they flipped me off.

And for good measure I'd put "STROKE THIS" on the back side. :D

pm203 01-07-2006 08:28 AM

If you want to be entertained, no make that SICKENED ,go to the Winni site and read how these people think.There is one individual called Island Lover that looks for any speed related atricle and then posts it with a new negative spin.They are really to the point of needing some mental guidance .If they took all their hatred for performance boats and funnelled it into boater education, we would all be better off.

CAP071 01-07-2006 10:35 AM

Anytime They can take a right from you and take control of your rights THEY WILL

Just remember to VOTE !

mopower 01-07-2006 10:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
HB162 ,
Sounds like most of your politicians need to seek other employment or just retire.

Formula Outlaw 01-07-2006 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by ^HB162^
Relax people... New Hampshire boating laws do not apply to Federally Controlled Waters.

And when somebody tells you the majority don't want speed limits they are lying. In an independent poll only 8% of NH Democrats were against a speed limit, and only 29% of NH Republicans were against a speed limit.

HB162 will probably pass by acclimation (without a vote) :evilb:

:p

I have a very strong feeling that you are one of those whining self-centered crybabies that think you actually have a right to dictate what other people can or cannot do. If I am correct in my suspicion, go PHUCK yourself and PHUCK the rest of your kin.

Notice though how OSO will allow people such as yourself in and allow to state your views, which is a HELL of a lot more than Herr Don will allow. Even if we disagree with you we will support your right to express your opinion, even if we do end up telling you to PHUCK OFF like I just did.

Make no mistake, it is your kind of rationale that is one of the evils of today's world. The planet would be MUCH better off without you.

You see, we respect your right to use a canoe, a kayak, blowboat, bowrider, whatever you want. We defend your right to make YOUR OWN CHOICE of what you might want to use as your watercraft.

That is unmeasurably more than what your kind does.

Please be kind enough to hijack my thread so I can personally tell Acres of Idiots, Bear Lover, Island Lover, John Deere, and all the rest of you rubberheaded idiots to PHUCK OFF since Herr Don kicked me off your pissy little website.

Formula Outlaw

GFBL's RULE.............

Formula Outlaw 01-07-2006 11:14 AM

My apologies to the REAL members of this Forum for the above post, but sometimes I just have to tell it like it is.

LostinBoston 01-07-2006 11:56 AM

Just so I get this straight...

Do you support the right of a majority of New Hampshire citizens, by way of their elected representatives, to enact a speed limit on Lake Winnipesaukee?

It is NEVER ANYONES RIGHT to TAKE AWAY SOMEONE ELSES. Who the phuck do you think you are? You are an ignorant phuckhead. What do you think gives you the right to impose limits on others people. People like you make me sick. Ive had many near misses with ******* dumbass cruisers and never had any with perfromace boats, even when i was just boating aroung in my whaler or on my sea-doo.

pm203 01-07-2006 12:20 PM

Relax people... New Hampshire boating laws do not apply to Federally Controlled Waters.

And when somebody tells you the majority don't want speed limits they are lying. In an independent poll only 8% of NH Democrats were against a speed limit, and only 29% of NH Republicans were against a speed limit.

HB162 will probably pass by acclimation (without a vote) :evilb:

:p

Another lie by another p.o.s.

pm203 01-07-2006 12:29 PM

The majority does not want a speed limit.Check the Winni site. That survey shows real numbers from real people.Not like your ridiculous survey.The people surveyed din,t even know what they were voting for.

pm203 01-07-2006 12:53 PM

You and all your liar asociates.You know the truth. Hopefully you dont believe your own babble. You cannot have it your way. Now,please go back to where you came from.

Audiofn 01-07-2006 01:00 PM

Problem with your poll is that it should have been a sampling of people that actually use the lakes and waterways.

If they called me up to ask me if a person should be allowed to use dangerous bugs in a test I would say not. However, I have a good friend that works with them for science and I am glad that he does..... See you guys can twist the trueth any way that you want just as I guess we can. The only problem is the FACTS are on our side, the emotion is on yours. The way that I see it Laws should be based on FACT not emotion.

Jon

Audiofn 01-07-2006 01:02 PM

Why would you even post on this site? You actually think that you are going to change any of our minds?

PEOPLE DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!!!! They will take your negative comments and post them up on their boards!!

Jon

pm203 01-07-2006 01:05 PM

Why would you even post on this site? You actually think that you are going to change any of our minds?

PEOPLE DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!!!! They will take your negative comments and post them up on their boards!!

Jon

You said it!

mopower 01-07-2006 03:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)

You are the one that should "Check the Winni site". Even with the cheating by OSO members the No Speed Limit option is only at 48.72%

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ead.php?t=2764

Who is the liar here?

HB162,Check the figures again! 28% of you 52% majority favor limits OVER 50

So that means ONLY 23% favor 45 OR LESS

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Like FO said , we allow anyone to voice their opinion here.....

no matter how wrong or narrow minded it is

Formula Outlaw 01-07-2006 03:16 PM

Just so I get this straight...

Do you support the right of a majority of New Hampshire citizens, by way of their elected representatives, to enact a speed limit on Lake Winnipesaukee?

I doubt seriously if you can get it straight, but here goes.

First and foremost, the speed limit issue on Lake Winnipesaukee is nothing more than an effort to rid the lake of the "Cigarette style" boats. It has nothing to do with safety. Your own head of the Marine Patrol said as such. It is nothing more than the desire of a few to rid the lake of what they deem undesireable.

So do try to answer your question, that is if you are referring to me, I do NOT believe in trying to pull an "end around" by using false information, hidden agendas, and outright lies and proppoganda set forth by a few so they have "it" their way and their way only.

It is in SERIOUS question whether or not the majority of NH residents support this bill. It is NOT a question of whether a speed limit will make the lake any safer. Go back and check what was stated at the public hearings. From what I read, the speed limit was NOT supported.

The key to this whole chitstorm is first: boater education and second: the upholding of already existing laws on the books. If the laws on the books are not being enforced, adding more laws only compounds the problem.

What annoys me greatly is the steadfast refusal of your group to acknowledge what the real motive is. You are not fooling anyone.

And if you think the passage of this "holier than thou" bill is going to make the GFBL's go away, you are SADLY mistaken.

Formula Outlaw 01-07-2006 03:21 PM

If the legislature does not have the right to enact a speed limit on the water (owned by the state) then they must not have the right on the highway either.

What about murder... Can they enact a law against murder.... Or would that take away your right to kill people?

Pull your head out of your azz, dipchit.

Your idiotic post is nothing more than a classic example of "if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, than baffle them with bullchit".

Or:

If we spout enough nonsense we'll confuse the issue enough so that people will shrug their shoulders and just walk away because of all the crap you and your ilk spew.

What you need is some good old common sense smacked into you right upside your empty head.

Now why don't you just get down on your knees and put your mouth to some good use. :blaster:

pm203 01-07-2006 03:22 PM

In fact, the head of Marine Patrol has consistently stated that the lake does not need a speed limit and that speed is not a problem on the lake.And that is a FACT .