Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: NH House Bill 162

Thats just belknap county
http://www.opposehb162.com/opposehb162/countyreps.htm
Old 01-20-2006, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are these republicans, democrats or both. The dems are the ones need convincing.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:37 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by polar1
Are these republicans, democrats or both. The dems are the ones need convincing.

Don't be so sure of that...
Old 01-20-2006, 04:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Dont forget, The sorry group who wants this law passed has played unfairly from the beginning. After they lost the intial committee vote last time , they have decided to use lies ,distortions, spins ,and to creating an unwarranted fear factor of speed to convince the uneducated. Our only hope is that the legislature is smart enough to see through their deceitful lies and bullchit.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:57 PM
Registered

A government that actually uses common sense?????

That would be a first, unfortunately.......
Old 01-21-2006, 04:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ^HB162^
pm203

I "came clean" many posts ago. I'll be more clear and elaborate.

I think the lake is becoming to much about speed and size. Bigger and faster is not the direction I want he lake to go in. Some are afraid to canoe or kayak on the lake because of speed and congestion. We now have HUGE Carvers and a boat that goes 130 mph. This is just to much for this lake.

Nothing will fix the lakes problems, but a speed limit is one step we can take. The biggest problem is the direction we are going in. Every year more and more boats going faster and faster. Plus PWCs that are to the point of being out of control. Were can it end but more Jack Hartmans.

If performance boaters wish to stay and follow the rules they have every right to. And if somebody wants to open it up out on the broads now and then, I don't really care. If they go 150' of my dock at high speed I'm calling the MP.

Clear enough?
To Hb162..
I am on the lake at all times of the year ..If you are going to use the point that people can go any where at any time using whatever forum of marine transport they please does not sit well with me ..The lake is only congested on 2 maybe 3 weekends a year 4th of July ,motorcycle weekend and memorial day ore labor day (depends on the weather) If you notice when you get on 101 or I 95 there is a Sign that says No Bikes no horses no pedestrian's!! Do we need to post common sense signs around the lake to tell people in little boats to stay near shore?? No I think not The lake is for all to enjoy I just happen to enjoy it a Faster speeds than You do,,That does not make me Wrong and you rite!! I Pay Taxes in NH I live in NH I grew Up in NH and I will enjoy NH As I wish Within the Boundaries of the Law! That said there is no law that can be drafted that can protect people from themselves... Common sense and the laws that are on the books are all that are needed If you want on golden pond Find a pond to enjoy!!
Old 01-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spend a couple hundred hours on winni in the summer and another 50 in the winter.. THE SPEED LIMIT IS UNFOUNDED RUBBISH!!!
Its a small number of bear island residents who have gotten together and started kicking and screaming.. Please call or email your reps and let them know how the MAJORITY feels
Thanks
Old 01-21-2006, 02:27 PM
Registered

I talked to a few reps. The majority were for speed limits but willing to listen. But even the ones against 45/25 are in favor of the "minority amendment" that does not specify a speed, leaves it up to the patrol. You will have to argue with a summer cop about what he THINKS is to fast! With the tree huggers screaming everything is to fast!

Looks like one way or the other there will speed limits.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Was there a vote today?
Old 02-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by damdonzi
Was there a vote today?
I thought they were voting today but I talked to someone that said they were going to vote on Feb 14th. Anybody know?

Quick Reply: NH House Bill 162

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.