Notices

Boarding boats at shows

Old 01-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Boarding boats at shows

Originally Posted by yesrej
i dont mean to be out of line. i understand what you guys are saying about caring for the boat but when i go to a show im going to board every boat i want and i feel i shouold be ale to. even if i am not buying and i think the saleman should let me do what i want on the boat with in reason. that is the salemans job,make me feel like i can do what i want. i like knowing what the cabins look like in every boat so i can get an idea of what is out there. i think we should be able to board boats but be careful and respect the boats. thats how i feel.
Yeah, - I boned my wife in a Carver once...
Old 01-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That was so out of line I should delete it.

But it's still funny - it might even be true
Old 01-08-2006, 01:53 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have always had a Trout tank at the show where the kids could catch some nice size rainbow trout,money went to charity. In the old days the fish would be placed in a plastic bag with a little water and you went on your way. One year a kid got tired of carrying his fish around so he left it under a cushion in the cabin of one of our cruisers,a compartment you don't normally check. You can imagine what happened after 2 or 3 days After that incident the fish are kept at the tank,you can pick them up on your way out.Lots of funny show stories,and some not so funny
Old 01-08-2006, 02:05 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Spelchek
it caught on fire when he hit the button.....
Old 01-08-2006, 02:06 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Spelchek

And asprin.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:44 AM
Registered

i dont mean to be out of line. i understand what you guys are saying about caring for the boat but when i go to a show im going to board every boat i want and i feel i shouold be ale to. even if i am not buying and i think the saleman should let me do what i want on the boat with in reason. that is the salemans job,make me feel like i can do what i want. i like knowing what the cabins look like in every boat so i can get an idea of what is out there. i think we should be able to board boats but be careful and respect the boats. thats how i feel.
Ditto!
The boats are there for people to look at. In and out. Whether buying or not.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:17 AM
Registered

Long cat walks with stairs on each end with a line coming up one side and down the other. Set the cat walk along side the boat towards the rear. But a railing on BOTH sided of the cat walk so people can't enter the boat. For the big cruiser to the same but along the rear of the boat boat. Its a boat "show" not a boat "touch"!!! I've boarded a ton of boats that I have no intentions on buying. But I'm honest up front. I tell them that I'm a fan, I've traveled a long way, I will be very respectful and won't interfere with potential customers. Plus I usually know more about the boat that the guys selling them
Old 01-09-2006, 10:49 AM
Registered

ABSOLUTELY.......It's your last sentence that people and ill mannered children do not do. Everyone is welcome to see touch, feel and move around in and out of the boats.........TRASHING, CLIMBING, YANKING ON THROTTLES, JUMPING ON SEATS or PULLING OFF RADIO KNOBS of a 300K boat is NOT acceptable. I have had several instances that I needed to address the children and or adults myself ( politely of course) and was ignored. There is a fine line to all this and unfortunatly no easy answer. PEOPLE and not all of them......just are disrespectful and have poor manners. As I mentioned in an earlier post..........can you sit and play or jump around in a 250K car at a car show? ANSWER ...... NO
Old 01-09-2006, 10:57 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Have a guy that just RIPS FARTS sitting there. That will keep the lines moving
Old 01-09-2006, 11:06 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

LMAO...Allways full of class aren't you Jon?

Hey you gonna join us at the Chill this year?

Quick Reply: Boarding boats at shows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.