Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Turnkey Boat vs. Project Boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/120014-turnkey-boat-vs-project-boat.html)

Edward R. Cozzi 01-09-2006 05:47 PM

Re: Turnkey Boat vs. Project Boat

Originally Posted by Clay Washington
Thanks, but the Fountain is in a warehouse in Atlanta. The seller (Greg - Cash Bar) is in Deerfield Beach. :p

Woops, sorry. Didn't know.

FunHome 01-09-2006 05:49 PM

I voted for #3!!!! :D

Projects are not for everyone, however I enjoy them!!

Buy what you want!!! Just BUY IT!! and get those women of yours to pose for more pic's!!! :evilb:

375stinger 01-09-2006 05:59 PM

projects can be fun.....but don't plan on it costing whatever it is you originally plan. we used cheapest places we could, and did work ourselves on the cig, and have spent over twiced the original cost estimate on the work done to it. that scarab is a clean boat, and would be perfect, but at that price it is a little out of line IMO. id say low ball the scarab, cuse that fountain looks like it could use much tlc. :drink:

ratman 01-09-2006 05:59 PM

clay i'll sell you my 35ft mistress cheap enough that you buy stainless marine manifolds and go thru hull, and a 4" tall air cleaner will stay under hatch. my engine hatch is alum so it would be no problem to fill in the openings for the exhaust and the pro stock scoops. its a sweet old cig and a lot more boat then the beak boats your looking at. plus you'll never kill the #3's or extra plate bw72 trannies, fresh 577's withjust over 20 hours on em. i wanna buy daddy cool and paint it back to original colors and run it in poker runs and any races that will have an old school class :D

CAP071 01-09-2006 06:05 PM

TURN KEY

Because even the turn key boat is gonna need some work :D :rolleyes:

lucky strike 01-09-2006 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by CAP071
TURN KEY

Because even the turn key boat is gonna need some work :D :rolleyes:

Now thats the truth :eek:

LS

Too Old 01-09-2006 06:21 PM

If you don't have the time or inclination to do the work I'd scratch the project boats off the list.

And this is coming from a guy who loves a project. :D

Monza SS 24 01-09-2006 08:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my project boat, I'm tired of working on it. I have a new Konrad outdrive and new tabs and new steering to put on it. If I could get the $100,000 that I spent to make it run and look better I would buy something newer. The boat has been in my family since 1983. The Wife says no newer boat.....

epeek 01-09-2006 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by wantsa311
Every time I mess around with a project it ends up costing me way more than I thought it would. Even with a "turn key" there will be plenty of opportunities to spend more money.

Amen to that !! Go turnkey.......because nothing is
really turnkey when its 15 year old. Believe me,
you'll have a helluva a lot more than 15k in that
Fountain.Especially if your paying someone else to
do the work. That boat looks like 30k to make it
nice agian. No offense Cashbar :D. I've been there,
done that,on a boat that started out in alot better
condition and dropped 25k in a heatbeat. And
I did all the work myself !

Clay Washington 01-09-2006 08:55 PM

Hmmmmm... :(