Notices

A very "timely" article

Old 01-09-2006, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A very "timely" article

This made front page news on every paper that I saw Sat. just as the Manatee is just about to be maybe taken off the endangered list which would make fighting stupid speed zones a lot easier. Wonder if the writer has ever seen one themselves or even been on a boat. The article is "well-timed" though.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...eadlines-state
Old 01-09-2006, 02:18 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: A very "timely" article

Unsane,
The $MC will never give up the fight! The fight for their jobs, that is! And you are probobly correct, the reporter probobly has never been on a boat, or has even seen a manatee in the wild. All the reporter has to do is go to Sea World, and he get his Manatee "Brainwashing" done right there!
The local rag newspaper here in Brevard Co. (Fl. Today) is even WORSE about knowing NOTHING about the Manatee situation, but they continue to write, "Boaters are the Manatee's worse nightmare"!!
Join www.cffw.org and help fight this BS
Thanks,
Dean
Old 01-09-2006, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: A very "timely" article

I know journalists, my brother married one. Her views and methods have really alienated her from parts of her family, but gets her awards. I was at the little boat show over in Melbourne Sat and talked to the cffw guy at the table, gave me an info packet. Going to sign up/contribute to the cause. If my little Stingray pisses these people off, then the Fountain that's coming will really peeve these fartknockers. All I want like most of us is a common sense approach to this subject but they just want us off the water. Dam Granola Heads!!! (now there's a long lost term)