Old 01-31-2002, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lookin good man
Old 01-31-2002, 06:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

nice ride rob, I,m up here in traverse City and thank god you guys got more then us in the snow area, 1 inch here, wish it would go away!
Old 02-01-2002, 01:47 AM
Registered

LMAO... " Oh look at that, me passing my friend again in his 99 32' fountian" --- John
Old 02-01-2002, 01:58 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

Nice boats Rob! I added you to the OFFSHORE Pics!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 02-01-2002, 03:30 AM
Registered

Sweet boats Rob. I get to see them every week when i cruise up m-29. Is that your cat sitting over by St.Johns marsh in that marina? (cant think of the name right now) Man that cats got me thinking. HMMMMMMM although the wife would freak out at 80mph. I'm not much of an egg beater fan but thats totally insane and i like it. Is it even possible to drive it slow enough to take my 3yr old out in? ok enough ramblin on i'm gonna have to take another ride over their and check it out.
Old 02-01-2002, 09:49 AM
Registered

Hey dono,your wife would definitely get the bat out on you if you bought the cat. Guy's love the thrill, women should stay on land, or they'll be sure to smack you and scream "slow down" loud enough to hear over the motors, if they are brave enough to let go of the grab handles. Others cant get enough. It depends how cool she is about going fast on the water, and I would not take kids out on this boat. I must admit I learned alot from this boat, and I'd get another cat in a second, but I want a huge cat at some point, a few boats from now if I'm lucky. VisciousOne has been showing the boat for me and yeah that's it at offshores with the clear shrinkwrap on it. Pretty cool I thought, I've never seen anyone shrinkwrap clear so you can check the boat out for sale in the winter.

[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: advantage_ROB ]
Old 02-01-2002, 02:27 PM
Registered

wow I haven't heard a peep from the fountian guy's. I was not expecting that!
Old 02-01-2002, 03:19 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

okay Rob, blow me. LOL!

Your Advantage is nice, the cat, too, but I like v-hulls better, and I dig the 4 bolsties.

I, as a Fountain owner have to "assume" you modified your 502's and your buddy with the 99 Fountain did NOT. Or maybe he was on'y running on one motor. LOL!

The Advantage runs good though. Does it have more cabin room than the Fountain? It seems as though the cockpit is awesome, then after the windshield/fairing line, it slopes down really fast.

Two sweet boats though. You're a big balla' with two boats like that. LOL!

Mark
Old 02-01-2002, 03:34 PM
Registered

LOL!! Ahh finally, that's the kind of sh I was waiting for!! And no, zero mods to my motors, set the timing to what merc has printed on thier valve cover, and that's it. They came new 8 degrees off on one motor and 12 off the opposite way on the other motor, nice job merc!!! Trust me I was supposed to trade the cat in, but after I had the new boat ordered we discovered the glass tanks in the cat were deteriorating real bad and didn't take it on a trade, so I took out the interior, and had VisciousOne cut out the floor and put new tanks in, and glass it all back together, and repaint the cockpit area, he did an awesome job on all of it, then I re-installed the interior and replaced all the fuel injectors, filters, lines, and have took lots of lookers on thrill rides, but no buyers yet.

[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: advantage_ROB ]
Old 02-02-2002, 12:01 PM
Registered

Hey tank,
Thanks for the compliments, I missed seeing your post for some reason until today, When I got serious about buying a new boat I had never even heard of advantage, all I remembered was the ad in hot boat and powerboat with the red 27 with the sexy blondes sprawled out on the deck. I had never seen one in person. Then when I got serious about a new boat I looked at everything, I wanted a totally custom graphics job, fast modern step hull, lots of cockpit space, and a good riding boat. Now I look at the boats I was considering and things like the 3 feet less bottom lenght make no sence to me why they still do it?? I mean integrated swim platforms were early 90's and allowed a smaller boat to become 3 feet longer with minimal retooling, I would think in 10+ years they could redsign the bottom to get rid of that and give more bottom length, a good scam to milk us out of more money the indstry cam up with. The only gripe about my boat is that when mine got built and I had decided on my graphics design and colors they told me they would match the interior colors in the upholstery, so I ended up with purple green and orange piping on the seats which dont get me wrong it's really nice, but since I have had about 8 people that have had new ones built, and on many of these I have worked with them designing all the graphics and colors in the gel coat graphics, usually fairly wild, then go with a wild matching scheme throughout the cockpit, and all thru the cabin too, and it's all at no additional cost. I didn't know I could do that when I got mine or I would have gone crazy with colors thruout the cockpit and cabin. The factory has the philosophy that they build them one at a time, all in house, so whatever you want customized let them know and they'll do it free of charge with all of this stuff. I toured the factory and alot of other factory and did tons of test rides and I couldn't be happier with my choice, well unless I would have had a 75% off coupon or something.

[ 02-02-2002: Message edited by: advantage_ROB ]