OT: Yamaha rocks snowmobile industy ! >

OT: Yamaha rocks snowmobile industy !

Notices

OT: Yamaha rocks snowmobile industy !

Old 01-16-2002, 02:13 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shane, sorry, not true. I ride with Yamaha's mountain RD guru. He and I went to school together. He is the designer for the mountain sleds and is always trying to get Yamaha to step up to the plate in the mountain division. They are getting there but he gets very frustrated in the fact that his suggestions are usually lost somewhere between Cooke City and Japan, LOL. His mod sleds are incredible and if Yamaha would implement his designs and ideas, there wouldnt be another mountain sled worth owning. Something about warranty issues and such keep the sleds from evolving to where the dirt bikes have evolved. I would drop $15000.00 for a sled that has equivalent technology of the new dirt bikes in a heartbeat. No warranty, so what. My O2.

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Neverfastenuf ]
Old 01-16-2002, 03:03 PM
fermin

Unf@&kenbelievable!!! I have always loved Yamaha's because of their fit, finish and cutting edge styling. Back in 95' I had two VMAX 4's, one totally built and one to trail. "At the time that sled was killer looking"! But this new thing, "Holy ****"!

Wait until Pat at Hauck Powersports gets a hold of this thing. It's gonna flippin fly.

I feel I may be sleding again soon.

joey

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: joeyoffshore ]

Old 01-16-2002, 03:20 PM
Registered

Neverfastenuff,

What is not true?
Old 01-16-2002, 03:41 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Originally posted by Shane:
<STRONG>Neverfastenuff,

What is not true?</STRONG>
Sorry Shane, I guess that is a little confusing. The weight issue. Yamaha doesn't seem as concerned with the weight issue as the other manufacturers. The Redline thing???? He won't say. Do you have reliable info on that one??? It looks alot like the new AC SnoPro from the front to me.
Old 01-16-2002, 03:46 PM
Registered

Never,

No problem dude. Weight will come down as it usually does in all rec vehicles. Some manufacturer's are more aggressive in their reduction process than others. I agree yamaha could use a little improvement there. I read the Red Line thing on AMSNOW. I am not sure where, I saw it at a friends house. I do not get AMSNOW online myself.
Old 01-17-2002, 08:05 AM
Registered

Danl,
This is shocking because the other manufactures answers to the 4 stroke issue
are a joke.
The Arctic cat 4 stroke sled is basically a utility sled that makes a whopping 48hp !
The Polaris version is just as pathetic.
I don't know much about the Ski-doo version.
Old 01-17-2002, 10:16 AM
Wild Horses

Went sledding, or is that bog running on the weekend. Poor at best and this is up in Bracebridge about 2+ hours north of Toronto.
]Originally posted by BODYSHOT1:
<STRONG>I've got a bunch of friends that go sleddin' in Canada every year...they tell me there's no freakin' snow!!..is that right??

think they go to Old Forge..??..that sound right?</STRONG>[/QUOTE]

Old 01-18-2002, 10:56 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very cool, Hopefully the technology will trickle down to something comperable to a 600 2stroke at about 110hp and less $.
Old 01-18-2002, 12:19 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Well, I suppose I can leak a little info now that the cat is out of the bag. Mark, the freind of mine that developed the Mtn. RX1 finally spilled his beans(he was very tight lipped about the new sled). It is 5%heavier than the SRX. It has run 135+mph and there is more. The weight has been centralized which in turn makes the sled work much better than the SRX, especially in the deep stuff. It can be clutched very aggressively because of the torque. HP is around 145-150(conservative).Jetting for elevation is not nearly as critical on it as it is on the 2Stroke(important to us that ride 9000-13500ft.) He said in runs against the SRX in the 1\4mile, the RX1 is 6-7 sled lengths ahead. Track speed in the deep stuff is in the 60-70mph range(way impressive for a stock sled). It will not be for everyone, but it will change snowmobiling and make as much impact on snowmobiling that their YZ400 made on the dirt bike sector. I am a Polaris fan, but I have a Mtn. RX1 snowchecked because I think it is going to be an awesome sled.