Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   BAJA 38 SPECIAL to buy or not to buy (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/120200-baja-38-special-buy-not-buy.html)

nomomoney 01-11-2006 09:00 PM

Re: BAJA 38 SPECIAL to buy or not to buy

i have a 2000 boss 38 special.i love the boat.it has gen,a/c and all of the other goodies.wife and kids love it.was not ready for a cruiser,but wanted some weekend accomadations.if you get it you will love it..

Harper220 01-11-2006 09:57 PM

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a 38 Special. Hey, there's a perfect boat to fit every taste, if you like the 38 Special look into it. They're very spacious and user friendly boats.

kr1276 01-12-2006 02:42 PM

I love my 38 Special. I still have it and it is for sale. We were so happy with Baja that we moved up to a 442 for some additional room. The kids got bigger and the 38 got a little crowded. Both boats run well in rough water. Yes they are slower but no complaints about the ride.

spk1 01-16-2006 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
I just figured out that "g/f" doesn't mean "Godfather"!

Am I Italian or what?

Ha Ha FORGEDDABOUDIT! :evilb:

spk1 01-16-2006 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by kr1276
I love my 38 Special. I still have it and it is for sale. We were so happy with Baja that we moved up to a 442 for some additional room. The kids got bigger and the 38 got a little crowded. Both boats run well in rough water. Yes they are slower but no complaints about the ride.

Hee You should check out the new Baja Brochure, the guy in there did about the same thing. unlesss :rolleyes: :rolleyes: you are the guy in the baja brochure?, hehe

spk1 01-16-2006 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Dave M
A guy at my marina has a 38 Special. It looks pretty roomy. What's that boat going to give you that the Excal doesn't or can't have?

P.S. If your GF has any complaints about your boat, tell her to get out HER CHECKBOOK! :drink:

For some reason her check book is always out of checks? Ive never seen a checkcard thats soo worn out and still works too. :D

BAJA WILL 01-16-2006 02:25 PM

HMMM letting the girl friend influence your boat decision, Just a thought, but what boat would you rather be on if you were single, let me rephrase.... which one do you think you would pick up young bikinis in?? :drink: hats the one you should buy.

WILL :drink:

Wild 01-16-2006 03:35 PM

Get a new girl and a cigarette

UNSANE 01-16-2006 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Wild
Get a new girl and a cigarette

Yea! What he said!!! If it was a wife of 10 plus years, then maybe you might have to THINK about a cruiser for about .3 seconds, but a g/f??? Oh helllllll no, because I have learned that they just want to see if you'll do what they say, get you to buy something you really don't want and then they're outta there. At least with a go-fast, you will attract other high quality strippers.........I mean girls and she'll have some competition which means she will love you more, but if she leaves, it's no harm/no foul because YOU have the boat, YOU want!!!

bearpaw 01-16-2006 04:28 PM

Cant wait till RATMAN sees this thread :evilb: :evilb: