Notices

Dry sump vs. Wet sump #6s

Old 01-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dry sump vs. Wet sump #6s

Your not putting 6s on Fever are ya????

Motely Crew ran the 6s off Kurt's old CUV race boat with the old style skeg. Go figure. Not sure if they were dry sumped or not, but they were defently old and well broken in before they got them.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron P
Your not putting 6s on Fever are ya????

Motely Crew ran the 6s off Kurt's old CUV race boat with the old style skeg. Go figure. Not sure if they were dry sumped or not, but they were defently old and well broken in before they got them.
Bravos are on Fever now I am debating shooting the lock off my wallet and buying a dry sump 6 for my boat.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:40 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Debating??? I thought you took take of that already.

What's going in the old Dragon Lady? That was the very first canopy boat in B class. I think the only US canopy vee prior to then was Inxs.

A 1994 Fountain hull still racing. This should be an interesting year with OPA sounds like a lot of interesting equipment is getting ready.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:45 PM
Registered

Debating??? I thought you took take of that already.

What's going in the old Dragon Lady? That was the very first canopy boat in B class. I think the only US canopy vee prior to then was Inxs.

A 1994 Fountain hull still racing. This should be an interesting year with OPA sounds like a lot of interesting equipment is getting ready.
I have the 6 on my boat.It is a wet sump.If i could pick up a substantial gain going to dry sump i would do it.The Dragon Lady boat is turn key with 750 Supercat motors and dry sump 6s.It is ready for P2 action in OPA.It will be called "Armed and Dangerous" in memory of Al.Rumor has it that Peter Meyer might be racing the 40 Fountain in P2 also.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:54 PM
Registered

You'll need "ultra, mega dry sumps" to hang with the E-dockers...

but I commend the effort!
Old 01-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=OU Want Some]You'll need "ultra, mega dry sumps" to hang with the E-dockers...

This little Activator will be like a Misquito buzzing around your head.You know its there and it gets annoying OUcant outrun a single engine boat?
Old 01-11-2006, 10:11 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=JCPERF]
Originally Posted by OU Want Some
You'll need "ultra, mega dry sumps" to hang with the E-dockers...

This little Activator will be like a Misquito buzzing around your head.You know its there and it gets annoying OUcant outrun a single engine boat?
well, my boat is still down in ft. myers getting "tested" (read "flogged") by Nor tech... So I guess you're right.

You have to look out for the new 42mti though, he's hungry for bird!!
Old 01-11-2006, 10:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OU Want Some
well, my boat is still down in ft. myers getting "tested" (read "flogged") by Nor tech... So I guess you're right.

You have to look out for the new 42mti though, he's hungry for bird!!
Keep chewing. Byrd is going wild like a *** in boystown on this boat.It will dominate
Old 01-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Originally Posted by JCPERF
I have the 6 on my boat.It is a wet sump.If i could pick up a substantial gain going to dry sump i would do it.The Dragon Lady boat is turn key with 750 Supercat motors and dry sump 6s.It is ready for P2 action in OPA.It will be called "Armed and Dangerous" in memory of Al.Rumor has it that Peter Meyer might be racing the 40 Fountain in P2 also.
I don't think you'll get much in a single application and less in ocean water. Who you hunting for anyhow?

Armed and Dangerous, last time I saw them race was in 94 when Fever almost landed in thier cockpit coming around a turn.

I heard Bob Oliver is all over Pete to get Instigator ready. Now that should be a good team.

What are you running, your Activator or Fever?
Old 01-11-2006, 10:23 PM
Registered

I don't think you'll get much in a single application and less in ocean water. Who you hunting for anyhow?

Armed and Dangerous, last time I saw them race was in 94 when Fever almost landed in thier cockpit coming around a turn.

I heard Bob Oliver is all over Pete to get Instigator ready. Now that should be a good team.

What are you running, your Activator or Fever?
I will mainly run my Activator.We will run Fever in a couple of races.I will run it with Joe Sgro.Joe Latona will be at the races as an advisor I was in Fever when we almost hit Armed and Dangerous in 93 FT lauderdale

Quick Reply: Dry sump vs. Wet sump #6s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.