Old 01-23-2006, 11:01 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 38 Donzi ZRC, 29 Advantage XFlight
Default Re: Cumberland boaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owarrior
WOW. It is great to see a Cumberland thread on the board. Paul and Gary, We met you several years ago when we lived in Nashville and had a 290 Enticer. Paul, I think you had one as well at that time. Gary you had the 28 heat if I am not mistaken.

Joe, We met you on Cumberland as well. At Conley Bottom You had the 311 and bought a 43 BlackThunder. We also lived near you in Franklin.

We sold the PQ and bought a 37 AT.........which we sold in 2003.

We are now in Shanghai China......but we will return to the States in 2007 and will have a 44 Sunseeker Camargue docked at Conley Bottom. I hope you are all still there so we can raft up and party Cumberland style !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, I gota ask: How's the boating in China? and, do they have good Chinese Food?
Old 01-23-2006, 11:02 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1997 24convincer

Wildthing we are putting the camper down by the dam again this year already have a site you and sheila will have to come down on a weekend and spend it with us
Old 01-23-2006, 11:13 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboger
Wildthing we are putting the camper down by the dam again this year already have a site you and sheila will have to come down on a weekend and spend it with us
Hey Mark,
That sounds like a good plan to me !!!
Hey you were going to send me pics of Daves new paint job, did you ever find them???
Old 01-23-2006, 11:16 AM
Registered

My Boats: You can't boat on an ICE FLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marginmn
Ok, I gota ask: How's the boating in China? and, do they have good Chinese Food?
They do not do much boating lin China like we think of boatng. It is very industrial in nature if it has a motor. They have a lot of water.....and they use it.....just not for recreational boating.

They do have a few beautiful lakes that you can rent powerboats on and there is plenty of sailing. But nothing like running at 60-70MPH on Cumberland or in the Keys.

The Chinese food I eat is not the Chinese food you get in the States. It is good, but it is vastly different. It is difficult to explain. Think of sweet and sour pork. In the States this would be boneless and smothered in a rich sauce. In China, it is basically pork ribs, cut in small pieces and marinated in either a very spicey or very bland marinate (regional). It is also served with the bone in.....which adds an additional element to the meal.

Not to belabor the point, but the fish is served whole, head, tail and everything in between. Very tasty but the bones can be a challenge.

Hey, you know what they say........It's all good !!!!!!!!

I can tell you one thing that Dorothy had right.....THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME !!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2006, 11:19 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owarrior
They do not do much boating lin China like we think of boatng. It is very industrial in nature if it has a motor. They have a lot of water.....and they use it.....just not for recreational boating.

They do have a few beautiful lakes that you can rent powerboats on and there is plenty of sailing. But nothing like running at 60-70MPH on Cumberland or in the Keys.

The Chinese food I eat is not the Chinese food you get in the States. It is good, but it is vastly different. It is difficult to explain. Think of sweet and sour pork. In the States this would be boneless and smothered in a rich sauce. In China, it is basically pork ribs, cut in small pieces and marinated in either a very spicey or very bland marinate (regional). It is also served with the bone in.....which adds an additional element to the meal.

Not to belabor the point, but the fish is served whole, head, tail and everything in between. Very tasty but the bones can be a challenge.

Hey, you know what they say........It's all good !!!!!!!!

I can tell you one thing that Dorothy had right.....THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME !!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like a great adventure, enjoy it.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:24 AM
Registered

My Boats: You can't boat on an ICE FLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marginmn
Sounds like a great adventure, enjoy it.
Thanks, we are. And it is an adventure. My wife and I are both from Indiana. She is from Zionsville and I am from Connersville. We both went (and met ) to Purdue. Where are you in Indy ?
Old 01-23-2006, 11:29 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

We are on the North side of Indy - inside the loop.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2001 Nordic 28' Heat EBM 575sci

I'm just a part time Lake Cumberland boater. Used to be "full time" when I lived in Lexington (KY).
My parents had a Summerset houseboat at Lee's Ford for about 6 very enjoyable years. I spent as much time there as possible. I had high perf outboards (Allisons/Bullet/Mirage) at the time. It was always a blast having our friends at the lake.
I moved to Nashville in 1991. Since then I've gotten spoiled with all the lakes here in TN (2 here in town/10 more within a 1-2 hour tow), which makes the 3ish hour tow to Cumberland seem a little long.
A friend told me about the party scene there (at the Falls, etc ), so we went up for the Poker Run this year. He was right . Like Arnold said, I'll be back.....................
I have a 28' Nordic Heat.
Regards,
Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Cumberland boaters-nordic-28.jpg  

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 01-23-2006 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
I'm just a part time Lake Cumberland boater. Used to be "full time" when I lived in Lexington (KY).
My parents had a Summerset housboat at Lee's Ford for about 6 very enjoyable years. I spent as much time there as possible. I had high perf outboards (Allisons/Bullet/Mirage) at the time. It was always a blast having our friends at the lake.
I moved to Nashville in 1991. Since then I've gotten spoiled with all the lakes here in TN (2 here in town/10 more within a 1-2 hour tow), which makes the 3ish hour tow to Cumberland seem a little long.
A friend told me about the party scene there (at the Falls, etc ), so we went up for the Poker Run this year. He was right . Like Arnold said, I'll be back.....................
I have a 28' Nordic Heat.
Regards,
Steve
So whcih is the best lake in the nashville area?
Old 01-23-2006, 02:02 PM
Registered

Pickwick (2 hours west)