Notices

Can you fly? I will soon!

Old 01-14-2006, 08:48 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Can you fly? I will soon!

Looking thru Hotboat, seems like 95% of boats pictured are the open/mid cabin styles. Must be a regional typeof boating.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Buy the open bow! I have a Sunsation 32 Mid-Cabin and love it. The board is right you will never go 60 MPH with people up front but that extra space is priceless when in a no wake zone/ slow zone. I would check into Sunsation, they make a 288 and 32 Mid-Cabin. The other nice thing is that when running the cabin has a great breeze going through it out to the cockpit. I was at the Ft Lauderdale boat show last year looking at the 32 MCOB and the 35 Executioner. The Fountain was faster but looked way 1910 and was a me too boat. I have 130 hours on the boat and love it. As far as stuffing the bow, what boat is good at that? I figure what is the point of having 30+ feet of boat and only using 8 feet of cockpit. Resale is stronger on the MCOB's becasue they are rarer than the hardnose counterparts and are becomiing more popular. I did 8 Poker Runs this year and one trip to Bimini and the boat was great! My boat was the cover boat for Hot Boat (March 04) and they loved it too.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every one gets excited about a new boat especially when the wife likes it, but I agree with TSG that you will own it forever. Make sure thats what you want and go for it.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've owned a 30' kachina and my present boat is a 34' drone, these are pleasure boats even though they can take the rough stuff fine. The biggest problem with Kachina is you need to get everything in writing including delivery date SERIOUSLY! they are slow as **** delivering your boat. Good value for the money but I am not buying another one.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good big lake boat. No on P-5. Good luck.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:21 PM
Registered

This thread brings up an intersting point.

I have researched West Coast builders, and there are only a handful that make 24 degree deadrise offshore hulls, most are lake boats. Cobra, Shockwave, Hawaiian PB, Commander, all have offshore hulls on their larger models, but not the smaller boats. Plus, NONE seem to have models with windshields (for the wife). It just seems like these guys are limiting their market to the Havasu crowd only, not a smart business decision to expand your business IMHO.

Plus I always hear about bad quality, why?

Chris
Old 01-14-2006, 01:40 PM
Registered

I would not ride in a open bow up front at 80 mph would you. We have a Cobalt open bow and it gives me a scary every once in a while and it runs 40 MPH
Old 01-14-2006, 01:41 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
I've owned a 30' kachina and my present boat is a 34' drone, these are pleasure boats even though they can take the rough stuff fine. The biggest problem with Kachina is you need to get everything in writing including delivery date SERIOUSLY! they are slow as **** delivering your boat. Good value for the money but I am not buying another one.
That would be good information to know !!!!

Me personally I wouldn't have a open bow .It would be like a pontoon boat to me .A party boat to spill beer in it But like Troutly and Trick said Its what you like and it doesn't matter what other people like. I would listen to there advice and think it thru!!!

There is no doubt that Kachina has one of the best gel coat graphics out there.

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dave911
Good big lake boat. No on P-5. Good luck.
Why couldn't u run this boat in P-5 ? Why lake boat and not offshore? I can't tell the diffrence could some one help me out so I can make a informed decision. TX (Something could be fabricated to close the bow( would have to be heavy duty of course)...

Last edited by beachbob; 01-14-2006 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Troutly
Their boats remind me of the murals on the pickup trucks we see up here...you know, the ones with Texas license plates and everyone wearing a cowboy hat
I thought same thing when i saw pictures but after seeing them in person they look totally Awesome!

Quick Reply: Can you fly? I will soon!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.