382 Formula Fastech - How Fast? >

382 Formula Fastech - How Fast?

Notices

382 Formula Fastech - How Fast?

Old 08-15-2001, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 382 Formula Fastech - How Fast?

How fast is a 382 Formula Fastech with 500 EFI's?

Looking at moving up and am wondering if it should run at least 80mph.

Thanks
Old 08-15-2001, 09:42 AM
MikeStar

Why the heck are all you guys selling your boats, when I can't afford to move up?!?!?

First it's DJD, then Audacity, now you Vyper! You guys have no consideration...

Wonder if I can talk the Admiral into putting off the new house for a couple of years...

Powerboat did a review of the 353, with HP500EFI's it ran 81 mph:

http://archive.powerboatmag.com/2000/02/docs/features/classy.operator.html

They also did a test on 382 Poker Run edition, which was probably a bit lighter than a full cabin model and had 580 hp Lingenfelter Engineering motors - it ran 85 and change.

http://archive.powerboatmag.com/1999/01/docs/features/feature005.html

Good luck!

Old 08-15-2001, 10:04 AM
Registered

Mike, I sent you a message to see if your interested in my boat?
Old 08-15-2001, 10:57 AM
Roger Hall

I have a 2000 model w/ 150 hours. Depending on load, fuel and people, it will get a minimum of 75 to a high of 78 "empty" with Lab finished props. I used to get a couple of miles higher until I installed XR Drives. Boat is as new. Would be interested in a sale or trade plus cash for a Formula 400 SS. The boat is awsome. It eats up any kind of sea condition. My 78 year old mother in law just spent 2 months visiting us (great lady, sorry to see her leave) and we logged over 700 miles with her and my brother-in-laws family. She loved it. My non boating wife is now a boater and wants to cruise.

Old 08-15-2001, 11:32 AM
Kentz

96 Vyper - are you at least considering the PQ 380? the factory had it down here a month or so ago for the poker run, 500EFI's, stand-off boxes, lab finished props? ran 83MPH. A 382 was here also, 575'S ran (maybe 85).

Kent

Old 08-15-2001, 11:48 AM
Registered

Yes, I am considering 38 PQ. Also looking at 37 Formula SS or used 40 SS. It would be hard to buy a sport cruiser especially after running in last weekends poker run I was the only PQ in the poker run.

Note: I believe President of Formula was at the MOCA Poker Run.

I need to take a ride in both along with wife. So if anyone near Lake St. Clair wants to offer a ride, that would be great. I'm wondering if the extra weight in the Formula will help when traveling through ruff crap Lake Erie and Detroit Rive throws at us.

Maybe a dealer rep will contact me with their thoughts. But want to hear from owners.
Old 08-15-2001, 11:51 AM
hot boats

forget the formula get a 38 fountain i have both and the fountain is far better ,

Old 08-15-2001, 12:04 PM
MikeStar

Just to throw a couple of other hats into the ring

Talk to Cardshark about his 388 Hustler...
or a 37 Active Thunder
or a 38 Top Gun
or....

FYI, there's a 97 382 down at Sun Dog Marine, has twin HP500's (carb'd), it's been there for at least a year, probably closer to 2. The guy's been dropping the price, you might want to take a look. It does have the coolest graphics I've ever seen on a Formula, looks like a meteor with vapor trails...

http://yachtworld.com/listing/yw_listing_detail.jsp?checked_boats=666826&currenc y=USD&units=Feet

Looks like you'll have lots of *ahem* advice

Old 08-15-2001, 12:25 PM
Magic Sandbar

I really want to know the truth. I know how most guys are that say they are 6'4" and I stand taller than them at 6'2". Why can't anyone tell the truth about how fast their boat is or how tall or long they are. My boat goes 60.2 mph on gps but, I have talked to people with the same boat, same engine and theirs goes 72. Come on!!I want to hear the speed of a 38' Formula, full fuel, 4-6 people, gear, beer, and what ever else people put in their boat for a weekend. I wont think less of you if your boat only goes 75, I will think more of a person that doesn't have little man syndrome.

Old 08-15-2001, 12:29 PM
Magic Sandbar

Oh yea, I meet a guy with a 38' Hustler with HP500s and he said his boat runs 98 mph. Uh huh!! That guy only stood about 5'5". What's whith these little guys.

Quick Reply: 382 Formula Fastech - How Fast?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.