Notices

Made a offer! (Values)

Old 01-16-2006, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts
Default Re: Made a offer! (Values)

That was an honest attempt to push Gerards boat. I couldn't believe he didn't so I stepped in.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:15 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you talkin' new or used?

If new depending on the dealership size/floor plan, 18% and above off MSRP would be a good deal outside of unusual circumstances.

Used. I would go to all the available websites offering boats for sale and come up with my own NADA price range based on what everyone else is selling for especially in your region.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
It's a BUYERS market....pay YOUR price or walk away. There will be plenty of boats out there for sale

So true
Old 01-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by t500hps
I believe NADA low retail for a PERFECT boat is a fair/good deal. I bought and sold a number of express cruisers and low retail was my selling price. Obviously I bought them cheaper but they were in less than perfect condition. I usually spent 100+ hours getting them up to "low retail" prices.
I think low retail is good place to buy for perfect boat too but seems everyone is asking 10% more then average retail..this is huge amount of money 30k in most cases. So gonna take some searching. PS Made my 2nd offer waiting for reply
Old 01-16-2006, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just don't understand these ads. "Must Sell Fast" "Make Offer", you offer 10k less on a 200k boat and they say no....
Old 01-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts

Same line as other thread:

Bob you need to read the value explanations on the bottom of the nada page. Anything mint will get a premium! You can buy junk for average value and salvage deals will be low retail.

Value Explanations
Low Retail Value — A low retail valued boat will show excessive wear and tear either cosmetically and/or mechanically. This boat will require cosmetic or mechanical work and may or may not be in running order. The buyer can expect to invest in cosmetic and/or mechanical work. Low retail vessels usually are not found on a dealer's lot.

Average Retail Value — An average retail valued boat should be in good condition with no visible damage or defects. This boat will show moderate wear and tear and will be in sound running condition. The buyer may need to invest in either minor cosmetic or mechanical work.

Note: Vessels in exceptional condition can be worth a significantly higher value than the Average Retail Price shown.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by beachbob
I am trying to buy one for 10% less low retail (nada) in perfect shape.
Now I know why...

I talked with my finance officer, and they will only loan 90% of NADA "low retail".

The search continues...
Old 01-16-2006, 06:46 PM
Registered

They will only lend that cuase thats all its worth..
Old 01-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Clay Washington
Now I know why...

I talked with my finance officer, and they will only loan 90% of NADA "low retail".

The search continues...
I would find a new bank/financing!!!
Old 01-16-2006, 06:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 798 Likes on 366 Posts

Its a BUYERS market,don't get too upset if someone doesn't take your offer. As many boats are for sale out there I wouldn't give ANYONE close to nada retail. I watch the detroit freepress,powerboat mag classifieds and the classifieds on here and I see the same boats for sale for months even years. Alot of people are so upside down on their boats they have to throw some money in just to sell it and they just won't do it. A good friend had a baja 29 outlaw,was a real clean boat he bought new. He traded his old boat in on it with 600 hours for 6k LESS than what he owed on it. He paid the dealer top dollar for the new 29 plus rolled the negative balance from old boat into his loan. He was stroking like 950$ a month on a 20 year loan. He lost his license for 7 years and had a couple of kids,couldn't even use the boat legally or afford to put gas in it but he still had to make the pmt and keep insurance on it. Had it for sale for 3 years,he finally came to terms with the fact he had to borrow 15k to pay on loan to sell boat(he owed 70,000 but only got 55,000) for what someone would actually pay. He paid almost 35,000 in pmts and 12,000 in insurance while it was for sale. Funny thing was when he first tried selling it for 85,000 he could have easily got 70,000 for it but he was holding out for "the right person" who'd give him what he was asking! So he pizzed away almost 47,000 in pmts and insurance then STILL had to borrow 15 k to sell it,I laughed at him when he finally sold it,should have sold it "right" 3 years ago and been done with it!!!I'm sure ALOT of these other sellers are in same position,Smitty

Quick Reply: Made a offer! (Values)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.