Notices

American Boat Listing(s)

Old 01-16-2002, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry American Boat Listing(s)

Anyone dealt with these yahoos? I just returned the guy's phone call and when I told him I was waiting for spring to really list anywhere else, he cut me off and hung up! Real professional way to run a business!
Old 01-16-2002, 04:26 PM
Registered

Do Not...I say DO Not fall for the BS. Now if you have a couple hundred you can afford to give away...go right ahead. I had a female call me for months until I finally gave into their piss poor sales pitch that they are going to a boat and have a buyer wanting my type of boat. It has been listed with them for 2 years and I have had a total of 0 phone calls from it. ZIPPO...NADA...NOTHING
Then you get some other knucklehead calling you wanting you to list with them when they see listing some place else....They don't even know to check their database against phones. Real *******s
P.S. I had to call them 4 times ...so they would straighten out the ad on my boat ...that they could not get right.

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: enticer ]
Old 01-16-2002, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Brokers are all scum ! Most I have seen don't even list the boats everywhere they said they were going to .and one I know of has had a friends boatfor months and only had it listed for one week !

THat would be "RPM "
Old 01-16-2002, 04:31 PM
Registered

Believe me, after he calls me and then hangs up, I'll be sticking with my original plan of contacting Boat Trader (plus I'll have plenty of beer money left over for the weekend )
Old 01-16-2002, 05:11 PM
Registered

Definitely go with Boat Trader. That's where I finally sold my Donzi. I tried selling it through a local dealer, and they did next to squat to get it sold. Do the "run-till-sold" thing and call them every three weeks to tell them if hasn't sold - plenty o'beer money left over! (Make sure they get it on their website.)
Old 01-16-2002, 05:21 PM
Registered

RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN
Old 01-16-2002, 05:27 PM
Registered

I had a boat at a broker for sale, they claimed they would advertise and show, etc. I saw their ads in Salty Dog, and Boat Trader, but mine was never listed. They showed the boat to one person, then never put the cover back on and the interior got ruined. I ended up selling it myself and taking a beating on it because of them. Yet they have a good rep, and are located in Brick, NJ, and also have another facility in Riverside, NJ, but I won't mention any names. But I guess it was cheap enough storage for a year.
Old 01-16-2002, 06:00 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLEASE!!!!
If this board does anything else, it allows us to share experiences, both good and bad, so that others may benifit from them.
As you have read, DO NOT send any money to American Boat Listing for any reason.
Better yet, let one of us kick you in the nuts, and then pay us $230 for the job.
It's pretty much the same result.
Old 01-16-2002, 06:06 PM
rpm

Angry

Boot, I don't know you and I'm pretty sure that I have no knowledge of your friend or his boat either. Your profile indicates that you are in NJ, I am in WI. Unless your friend is from this immediate area I have no brokerage agreements with anyone. If you know something different, please share it with me. If I am confused and you are referring to another RPM, my apologies and thanks for the clarification.

Rod

[email protected]

Old 01-16-2002, 06:06 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I had listed on ABL after they told me that they had a buyer that was interested in my boat. I had my doubts but was tempted by the prospect of a sale. This board then posted a thread warning against ABL. Because it was within the 3rd day of the contract I enacted my right to cancell. ABL refused stating that they do not give refunds, nor do they follow Wisconsin law. I contacted my state consumer protection agency who proceeded to investigate the company. Let's just say that when the state finished with them, ABL was very sore, and I had my money back. The funny thing is that the ad is still listed. If anybody wants a copy of the states report, contact me an I'll see about forwarding it to you.

Quick Reply: American Boat Listing(s)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.