Notices

Center Consoles

Old 01-22-2006, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts
Default Re: Center Consoles

gravois builds a solid boat jeff , no bullsh*t. but he is expensive , but your getting quality welds and construction. he does a nice job of finishing them off too. if i were in the market and had the loot to buy i would go with gravois for aluminum. now , if you want a solid glass fish vessel , tell him to check out newton boats over in slidell ,there back in production. he builds alot of dive boats for south florida and some serious fishing vessels. you want boat's to fish ! than those would be top 2 picks in either build form , no fluff , fancy bells and whistles , just solid no fail construction to get you out and back- very safe . there the kind of company's you really don't hear about with advertising ,they do a little bit , but they are word of mouth for the most part. like i said , they are $$$$$$$. but , you r getting what you pay for and are built to customer specs...
Old 01-22-2006, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

newton does have a site. like i said they will custom build anything , this would be nice to run out tin the gulf with a'c and still have full walk around capability of a center console , or can be ordered as a center console..

http://www.dive-boats.com/boats/enforcer.htm
Old 01-23-2006, 04:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by open72
newton does have a site. like i said they will custom build anything , this would be nice to run out tin the gulf with a'c and still have full walk around capability of a center console , or can be ordered as a center console..

http://www.dive-boats.com/boats/enforcer.htm
Thanks, 31 enforcer is perfect for him Ill check the other one out if back in time this afternoon. Jeff
Old 01-23-2006, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out the fountain fish boats FASTcc with v berth no better ride out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Center Consoles-main_def.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 01-23-2006, 09:43 AM
Registered

We love the CARRERA SPORT FISH boats. They are converted APBA race hulls into CC's and Walkarounds. They make a 30, 32, and 36. Very fast a great rough water boat. Call is or PM us if you would like more information on these customs. (631) 724-8707
Old 01-23-2006, 12:33 PM
JnT
Registered

Whatever you decide make sure they are using the correct alloy for saltwater and be sure to use plenty of anodes if its left in the water.
The boats I've seen are 1/4 inch bottoms with 3/16 topsides and they are absolutely indestructable. Tie it to a wooden dock with no fenders and dont worry about it. Rinse it off after each use and use an acid based brightener once a year. No waxing, very little maintenance, and will last long enough to pass on to your grandkids and their kids.

Gravois boats show up every now and then in the Boats Bikes and RV trader but hold their value well even on 20+ year old hulls.

I wish I'd have ponied up the bucks for a Charles Leonard hull out of Belle River,LA. He was building 21 ft inshore fish boats or bay boats out of 3/16 marine alloy aluminum. 72 mph with a 225, real good handling,handled a chop well, and the price was right.
All the aluminum builders in LA are good but some do extras under the deck for extra strength.

Last edited by JnT; 01-23-2006 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:17 PM
Registered

Location: Ocean Pines, Maryland. Wish I was at MANGOS in MIAMI!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just remembered a 40' Aluminum Cat that Bottom Line Yachts in St Augustine was selling. 11' Beam had triple 300 Mercs. He selling the hull only. Kinda different, has a pilot house and a huge cockpit for fishing. Not a Center console but a cool boat. Don't know much about .

It is still on Yachtworld.com. Click on boat search enter custom as manufacturer and put in 40 to 40 feet It should be the third boat right around 54, 000 for the hull. It is 2003. If you get it tell him he owes me a commision sion
Old 01-23-2006, 04:23 PM
Registered

www.fountainpowerboats.com
Old 01-23-2006, 10:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Enforcer2
I just remembered a 40' Aluminum Cat that Bottom Line Yachts in St Augustine was selling. 11' Beam had triple 300 Mercs. He selling the hull only. Kinda different, has a pilot house and a huge cockpit for fishing. Not a Center console but a cool boat. Don't know much about .

It is still on Yachtworld.com. Click on boat search enter custom as manufacturer and put in 40 to 40 feet It should be the third boat right around 54, 000 for the hull. It is 2003. If you get it tell him he owes me a commision sion
wow, interesting
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...69&slim=quick&
Old 01-24-2006, 06:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

odd duck of a boat, looks serious, and would work for him. He will nix the trips.