Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Profiling with your boat on the trailer  ? >

Profiling with your boat on the trailer ?

Notices

Profiling with your boat on the trailer ?

Old 01-17-2002, 12:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about trailering one of our boats... It is hilarious! What is that? Does it fly! I bet that thing goes 200 mph! Every gas station we hit. Makes our long trips so much more enjoyable, not to mention the hundreds of people who pass on the highway with the double thumbs up!
Old 01-17-2002, 12:09 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Jane,
It all depends!! If I am headed down the road to go boating or returning, I get a good feeling when I get a look. But when I am trailering it to some shop to prove they screwed up the work I had them do.. well leaves a bad taste.. if you know what I mean. I am hoping to get it running and bring it to Bay City area this summer. That may change my attitude toward trailering...
Say did you get my email Jane?

26scarab, LOL on the hands theory!!
Old 01-17-2002, 12:20 PM
Kentz

I'm always fine with the "Cigar" boat questions,

"How big"?
"How fast"?
"How much HP"?
"How much gas"?
etc, etc,

but, how much $$$? always ticks me off, down right rude!

Old 01-17-2002, 12:24 PM
Registered

Great topic just yesterday afternoon I was pulling our Scarab down the 405 freeway in So Cal.at about 5pm. The traffic was bad but I must admit it was a good ego boost to watch people point and honk when they see 70+ ft of Excursion & Scarab rolling by !!!!

Doug
Old 01-17-2002, 12:27 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

uh oh huh uh oh huh (say in your bestTim Allen voice)

The funny thing is one day, I let my wife drive the truck/trailer with no boat as we went to the launch on a slow day there. I kept telling her "keep going don't turn, keep going keep going" (it was dirving her nuts to not turn) "okay, NOW you can turn"

She thought I was nuts and still came within about 3" of the curb and the look on her face was hilarious. Like "dddaaaammmnnnn this thing needs a half mile to turn!"

What's also funny as hell, was last year at the boat ramp, a guy with acrew cab SD Ford 4x4 dually was backing up a single jet ski trailer down the boat ramp. Man, I LMAO a him. Took probably 20 minutes. Kept waiting for him to just back over it.

I also notice the blind spot deal, that's irritating. But it's cool to tow the boat.

Mark
Old 01-17-2002, 12:27 PM
Charter Member #971
Charter Member

Mine doesn't attract attention like the likes of your boats, but I too really like looking at the big boats going down the road, especially when you get a line of them heading to Havasu or Powell. You folks are lucky, I'm noticing that none of you have to pull the mountains out west here. If you had to do some of these hills you might not find it quite as fun.

Hawaii no ka 'oi
Old 01-17-2002, 12:29 PM
Registered

Intolerant1,
I've got the skinny legs , it's just the beer gut that throws everything out of whack
Old 01-17-2002, 12:54 PM
Registered

I will say I get alot attention pulling my 43 ft Black Thunder. Just pulled mine last weekend from NC to Ga to demo a customer. It does take a while at the gas station to put in 280 gallons and I get ALOT of people coming up to me and asking all kinds of questions. The best is when I am towing the boat to Florida for much warmer weather!!
Old 01-17-2002, 01:09 PM
Registered

It's something special towing your boat around, you have a piece of evolving fiberglass behind you with lots of blood sweat and tears put into it, all you can think is "this is mine" and everyone gets to se it. We only tow the boats up north and back once a year. The looks and comments we get just from those two trips is enough to last the whole winter. The best is when a little guy rolls the window down to give you the thumbs up, you feel like you just made that kids day. At a gas station one day I was filling it up .. a whole 50 gals. a guy walked over and said "damn i would like to have that, it must run a couple weeks on that gas".. I turned around and about fell on the ground laughin, after I wiped my tears from my eyes and said " it maybe will last a few hours" the guys mouth dropped.. he couldn't believe it..

DONZIMITCH.... i know what your saying about glass buildings... it's a great feeling
Old 01-17-2002, 01:53 PM
HavasuCat

I am with Kentz on this one. I don't mind the questions until they ask how much it costs. When I tell them then they ask "how can a guy your age afford that". That is when I end the conversation.

Quick Reply: Profiling with your boat on the trailer ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.