Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Catmando's boat stolen (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/121330-catmandos-boat-stolen.html)

Playn 01-25-2006 11:30 PM

Catmando's boat stolen

Regardless of political bs and all we all share a common interest in boating. I hate to see this happen to anyone so please keep your eyes open for Cat's boat. I HATE phucken thieves! :mad:

http://www.carlsonspeed.com/forums/i...?showtopic=322

Byrdman 01-25-2006 11:40 PM

Re: Catmando's boat stolen

yes...that is a nice boat...never knew what it looked like....shame...

Outdrive1 01-25-2006 11:44 PM

That thing shouldn't be hard to miss. Was it insured?

CAP071 01-26-2006 01:13 AM

Check the Whitehouse maybe Bush stole it? :D

That does suck though :mad:

CigDaze 01-26-2006 06:59 AM

The RNC stole it.

Seriously though, that sucks! Fvkkin' thieves! :mad: :hothead:

KiloKat 01-26-2006 07:28 AM

Wow - I hate to read of this. At the Corpus Christi race, Catman was showing me pictures and telling me all about this boat. It meant a great deal to him. Hopefully it will be recovered in excellent condition.

bajabob38 01-26-2006 08:22 AM

I for one hate to see something like this happen to anyone and I hope he has luck in his recovery, but some how I don't think there will be many on here or anyother site feeling sorry for him, Good luck cat

X-Rated30 01-26-2006 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by bajabob38
I for one hate to see something like this happen to anyone and I hope he has luck in his recovery, but some how I don't think there will be many on here or anyother site feeling sorry for him, Good luck cat

It is this kind of tacky crap that gives us Republicans a bad name :mad: The denial of compassion is NOT respectable. There is no need to take joy in someone else's misfortune just because they have strong political views differing from yours. This includes Steve1's post, too.

This is a cool boat belonging to a member of the OSO family (albeit the blacksheep :D ). None of our group should laugh or make fun (even on the inside) when a cool boat gets stolen.

(Although I am a little surprised they didn't bring it back when they found out it was powered by a Ford.)

Payton 01-26-2006 10:23 AM

Is there any new news? This was posted on OSO 2 or 3 weeks ago.
I hope it's recovered or the the insurance company takes good care of him.

Magicfloat 01-26-2006 11:05 AM

I heard no insurance :(

Indy 01-26-2006 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by bajabob38

You're assuming that some of us actually care what his or anybody else's political opinions are. The person I have issue with is the scum who perpetrated this act. I hope he gets his boat back and the effer who stole it gets what's coming to him.

Playn 01-26-2006 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Payton
Is there any new news? This was posted on OSO 2 or 3 weeks ago.
I hope it's recovered or the the insurance company takes good care of him.

I didn't see the thread a couple weeks ago, I just saw it yesterday. I'm not aware of any updates as I had thought it had just happened.

BajaRunner 01-26-2006 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by sy goldberg
Repo !

:eek:

CigDaze 01-26-2006 04:05 PM

Repo !

Is that so?

:eek:

sy goldberg 01-26-2006 04:33 PM

DOG has too much class to get involved in this.

BRUCE SEROFF 01-26-2006 04:38 PM

I thought DOG was a bounty hunter. Not a repo man :drink:

Audiofn 01-26-2006 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Troutly
It is my understanding the boat was paid for, and not insured. Someone can correct me if this be wrong.

My understanding as well. :( :(

I hope that he gets something back but like you said Troutly after this much time..... I am scared to know what it looks like. Anyone that remembers DamnDonzi's boat getting stolen from Lake Winni NH and it wound up about 2 miles from my house in MA a day or two later. The boat was a mess. They took a sawzall to the entire engine area and MESSED UP the boat. They stole just about every freeking wire out of it. I was amazed at the stuff that they took as to me they seem to have so little value.

Jon

FOUNTAINATLAST 01-26-2006 07:37 PM

Repo !

Could you elaborate for us please. Is this fact, fiction, or an opinion???

Boats being stolen is becoming an eppidemic lately, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, hopefully he gets it back intact...

bajabob38 01-26-2006 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
It is this kind of tacky crap that gives us Republicans a bad name :mad: The denial of compassion is NOT respectable. There is no need to take joy in someone else's misfortune just because they have strong political views differing from yours. This includes Steve1's post, too.

This is a cool boat belonging to a member of the OSO family (albeit the blacksheep :D ). None of our group should laugh or make fun (even on the inside) when a cool boat gets stolen.

(Although I am a little surprised they didn't bring it back when they found out it was powered by a Ford.)

WTF are you talking about :confused:

Audiofn 01-26-2006 09:39 PM

It is my understanding that Cat was waiting on a survey for insurance. He had a survey scedualed for the day after it got stolen. The entire deal smells like a rat to me.

It is bad enough that he got his boat jacked. Worse still that it was such a rare boat. He liked that I think. I would be flipping out if my Donzi got stolen. Ya insurance would give me my money but how do you find another big block 18.......

US1 Fountain 01-26-2006 09:45 PM

A survey? He's owned this boat for a couple yrs..

Audiofn 01-26-2006 10:31 PM

Yes but to insure it they wanted a survey. I had to do that with mine as well...

Byrdman 01-26-2006 10:46 PM

The boat was not a repo...I asked....I have talked with him all the time in chat.....never once had a beef with him....nor do i care what someones political view is....like any of us have any control....besides....this is a older guy.....they are allowed to do and say as they please....i would never keep bashing a old guy!!!!

Chillenout 01-26-2006 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Byrdman
The boat was not a repo...I asked....I have talked with him all the time in chat.....never once had a beef with him....nor do i care what someones political view is....like any of us have any control....besides....this is a older guy.....they are allowed to do and say as they please....i would never keep bashing a old guy!!!!

Well said...................................Best of luck Catman

Tantrum 01-27-2006 08:07 AM

To anyone that feels even a little bit of joy that something bad has happened to a fellow performance boater, a person.....your F'ed up. Your NO different than the tree hugger activist that smiles anytime he reads of an accident w/ one of our "go fast", gas guzzling, obnoxious, "cigarette boats". So what if his political views are different, so what if he pissed you off, they are only word and different opinions.
So just because I think some of you are F'ed up doesn't make me wish harm on you, your family or your possessions.
I hope he gets his boat back and I hope anyone that knows or see's anything comes forward with the information. The scumbags here are the thieves, not the victim.

Peace :chick:

BK 01-27-2006 09:23 AM

Well said Tantrum. It's not good to hate - it does harm to everyone, especially to the hater. :(

I feel for Catmando - hope he finds it soon. That boat is pretty cool and unique. The Carlson's always seem to design coolest stuff. :)

Boy, I reeeeealllly hate theives! :mad:

Let's all hope for the best. I can only imagine how bad he feels. :(

We can all pick up a little empathy by refering to Matthew:
"Judge not, that ye be not judged." 7:1
"Consider the lilies of the field...." 6:28 Avoid hypocrisy. Consider your own faults rather than criticizing others. 7:3-4

CigDaze 01-27-2006 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by BK
We can all pick up a little empathy by refering to Matthew:
"Judge not, that ye be not judged." 7:1
"Consider the lilies of the field...." 6:28 Avoid hypocrisy. Consider your own faults rather than criticizing others. 7:3-4

Cat would love that one. :D :D

birdog 01-27-2006 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Cat would love that one. :D :D

That is so Ironic ! :D :D If Cat was here he would rip BK a new one for posting scripture.

I am sorry about the boat tho...I just dont understand why he waited 2 years to look into insurance ?

Audiofn 01-27-2006 10:38 AM

He had insurance. The previous company decided that they did not want to insure it (probably cuz it is basically a cat). The new company wanted a survey done before coverage. As I said he had the survey lined up for the next day and then would have been covered....

Jon

birdog 01-27-2006 11:17 AM

I get it now Jon....Didnt know he was "between" Ins. Cos...That does suck

BK 01-27-2006 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Audiofn
He had insurance. The previous company decided that they did not want to insure it (probably cuz it is basically a cat). The new company wanted a survey done before coverage. As I said he had the survey lined up for the next day and then would have been covered....

Jon

Oh man. :( What a bummer.

BK 01-27-2006 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by birdog
That is so Ironic ! :D :D If Cat was here he would rip BK a new one for posting scripture.

I don't think he would. The philosophy of "do unto others" has been adopted by nearly every religion that exists.
Heck, even most athiests believe in showing empathy toward others. ;)

Now let's get that pretty red boat back to him, where it belongs. :crazy:

masher44 01-27-2006 02:29 PM

I know where Cat kept his boat... It was in a secure place. It is a shame that there are some idiots on here actually glad this happened :mad: I am one of the biggest idiots on here and can appreciate humor in every light.... actually have spoken to Cat on the phone several times and he is going to help me when I dial my boat in this Spring... doesnt matter one bit what he posts or what he believes in.... His boat got stolen and it could happen to any one of us....

X-Rated30 02-08-2006 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by masher44
I know where Cat kept his boat... It was in a secure place. It is a shame that there are some idiots on here actually glad this happened :mad: I am one of the biggest idiots on here and can appreciate humor in every light.... actually have spoken to Cat on the phone several times and he is going to help me when I dial my boat in this Spring... doesnt matter one bit what he posts or what he believes in.... His boat got stolen and it could happen to any one of us....

God! I hate agreeing with SBRT scum. :rolleyes:

US1 Fountain 02-08-2006 10:34 PM

What timing. Between Ins. Co's.
I assume the previous Ins. had expired then.

dean51267 02-08-2006 10:48 PM

you know, it we would castrate people that steal things, we would have fewer things stolen....

satisfactionII 02-08-2006 11:14 PM

No take a lesson from the towels heads and chop their friggin hands off! :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

I hope he can catch up to the scum who did this.

Playn 02-09-2006 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Troutly
Police located the boat. It is a mess. Engine and drive are gone

Somehow one just knew it would be found stripped. :mad:

CAP071 02-09-2006 07:51 AM

Well that's why we all pay such high insurance rates :mad: :rolleyes:

Payton 02-09-2006 09:30 AM

How messed up is it?Is he going to be able to rebuild? It was a cool looking boat.