Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week >

I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Notices

I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Old 03-10-2006, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Originally Posted by Fanatic
Yes, Ferrari's are faster.

The race technology is a direct transfer when you buy a boat! Fountain uses the same molds on their race boats and their sports boats.
so is a mold for a boat dersiged to run 180, the best for a boat that only runs 90? for some reason i dont think so.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
so is a mold for a boat dersiged to run 180, the best for a boat that only runs 90? for some reason i dont think so.
The raceboat technology is directly transferable and they may or may not tweak it for pleasure boat use.
I know Fountian uses the same molds on their race and pleasure boats. Maybe you know more than the engineers at Fountain?

I will also gaurantee the technology Cigarette is using for their race boats will end up in their sport boats.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe cigarette can team up with skater, outerlimits, and mti to beat JUST FOUNTAIN. Let cigarette do what they do best, and thats not going fast.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fanatic
The raceboat technology is directly transferable and they may or may not tweak it for pleasure boat use.
I know Fountian uses the same molds on their race and pleasure boats. Maybe you know more than the engineers at Fountain?
I'm just saying that a boat built to go 180 is not going to be the exact same design as a boat they are putting 525's in and running 90. Of course technology will translte down to recreational boats. but they wont be the same. They shouldnt be the same. Im sure engineers at fountain know this and are doing it. If they designed something that works well at all speeds then that woudl be interesting.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by bmanafort
maybe cigarette can team up with skater, outerlimits, and mti to beat JUST FOUNTAIN. Let cigarette do what they do best, and thats not going fast.

You're funny....So what you're really saying is, "Buy a Fountain if you live on a lake...Buy a Cigarette if you run in the rough". Just to let you know, the Cig had a shiot load more in it but chined too bad when JT was slowing. This is due to the fact there is no pad on the boat. Cig is deciding if they are going to put a pad on the boat and smoke the record or just use it for other ventures.

Reggies boats are one off for the speed record, why can't cigs be??

Last edited by thisistank; 03-10-2006 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:11 AM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

No established speed recorde that I know off but a very impressive race victory record since the hull was introduced.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:05 AM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

Thisistank the record hull is the same as the Poker run or lighting. Straight out of the same molds. The Super Vee race boats us the same molds, nothing special about the hulls.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:09 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Originally Posted by TeamTaboo
Thisistank the record hull is the same as the Poker run or lighting. Straight out of the same molds. The Super Vee race boats us the same molds, nothing special about the hulls.
Don't know about the particular boats that you mentioned above but I do know for a fact that the Superboat that was brought to KW last November had been put though some major bottom changes and testing in NC just prior to arriving. I was told this from a very knowledgable individual from Fountain while I was looking at the boat's delaminated bottom on the crane after it's first day of testing. This post in not intended to knock a particluar manufactuer but rather to point out that they all test new things and there is no better way to do this than with race boats. I'm certain that the readers of this forum are not naive. We all realize that if new things weren't tried and tested, we wouldn't be able to benefit from new advances in materials, technology, etc.

Last edited by KiloKat; 03-11-2006 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Registered

Its great to also see Cigarette in the ring with a Kilo boat...not bad numbers for just out of the box.
Wish they would post a vid clip of the run on their web site so we could see how it rode at speed.
Would like to see them sponsor some racing too.
I think they are moving in the right direction now...Racing is some of the best R&D.
BTW, Fountains...Cigs...and OL's are all high end / great boats, buy the one that suits your needs, or build it to do so, I did.

Last edited by Back4More; 03-11-2006 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:28 AM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

Dave you maybe right that boat was rushed to get ready for the worlds and they did work on the bottom before it came to Key West. That hull was a cut down copy of the 47 lighting with a canopy. They should not have been in Key West it was not ready.

Quick Reply: I'm Hearing the Skater Built Cigarette Will Go for Reggie's KILO Record Next Week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.