Notices

Stereo help please

Old 02-03-2006, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Stereo help please

I have a pioneer deck in cabin,amps,cd changer,and sirius satellite.I wanted a wired remote with display so I can tell what the hell Im listening to.The problem is my stereo guy cannot get the display to show the satellite radio!!If I had xm radio he said it would show in the display?pioneer has the radio set up for xm not sirius?I dont want xm so does anyone make a diplay type remote?The remote in the he boat is a pioneer new style,I also wanted a 2nd wired remote at the swim platform,he tells me you cant wire two together?

Do I need a new stereo guy or what?
Old 02-03-2006, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Stereo help please

send Audiofn a pm, he can probably help you.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:43 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

He's right, they aren't compatable. Pioneer does not directly interface with Sirius, you can only add it by adding an fm modulator or through rca's with the correct deck(not all decks have rca inputs). You will not be able to control both units with the wired remote on your transom. Stereo guy is right.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA
You will not be able to control both units with the wired remote on your transom. Stereo guy is right.

I have two remotes, one at the drivers helm and one at the swim plateform, but I do have a Kenwood if that makes a difference.
Attached Images  
Old 02-03-2006, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Possibly another reason to go XM?

We have XM in the show room of my store. The antenna is inside the front window with an awning hanging out over the glass by four feet. Zero problems with reception.

I have a business that rents space from my in the same building attached to my store. Same glass front, same awning. We installed a Sirius in his store. (that's what he wanted. we tried to talk him out of it) The antenna for his is placed outside the building on top of the awning. Long story short....we had to move the antenna for his to the roof today because reception has been sketchy at best.

Buck
Old 02-03-2006, 11:55 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Originally Posted by itilldo
I have two remotes, one at the drivers helm and one at the swim plateform, but I do have a Kenwood if that makes a difference.

Makes a huge difference because Kenwood offers Sirius where Pioneer only offers XM. Alpine offers both but I don't think they have any marine type hard wired remotes. Clarion offers Sirius and has hard wired marine type remotes. What your stereo guy should have explained to you before the installation is that your system was going to have these compatibility issues and talked you into a system with different compents (Kenwood or Clarion) instead of having you purchase an add on Sirius receiver for your existing deck. Maybe it was a price issue for you but if you want certain features you have to get all the correct components.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:46 AM
Registered

Angry Re: Stereo help please

My stereo guy doesnt sell kenwood.The sad story is all I wanted was to have sirius installed and have a wired DISPLAY
REMOTE.I wanted to see what channel I was on or what source(mode) it was operating in.He then told me if I changed radios it would show in the display(satellite)Bought a new deck and guess what it still didnt show up on the display.Next thing I check is my cd changer,it doesnt work WTF!He said a kenwood changer wont work with pioneer.At this point Im ready to smack his ass.Im into this garbage for $800.00 bucks.Then he says I will sell you a pioneer disc changer for $100 bucks(figure Ill use old radio and changer on another boat)so I say do it.Well if I went to xm radio that would solve all my problems right,so I did and hate XM.
now Im back with sirius with no display!!and I never got my 2nd wired remote.The pioneer wired remote is nice,it lights up,is didital,but guess what?The bezel got foggy,and now it doesnt work at all.Im going back but before I do someone on the board will come to the rescue!!Thanks
Old 02-04-2006, 06:36 PM
Registered

Re: Stereo help please

What the hell,Guess im the only one with this problem?I get bumped off of the general discussion and into page 2.Ah 389434505480310=-4-118-4351-4883558 I feel better now!